• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your favourite games to play beside Animal Crossing?

SMT/Persona, Ys, Yakuza, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption 2. But mostly SMT - I've completed every 3DS title.

I've played a lot of story-based games like The Last of Us, The Nathan Drake series, and Fall-out. I've also been playing a lot of Splatoon 2 and BoTW recently!

Ohhh, I have so many games that I love!!

The Kingdom Hearts series and The World Ends With You are really great (so excited for the TWEWY sequel!!)!! I also just absolutely ADORE the Dishonored series, especially the first and second, such wonderful games! I also really love The Evil Within games, especially the first one. I also adore Hollow Knight, SOMA, and both Undertale and Deltarune. Breath of the Wild is great, the animal crossing games of course, and the pokemon series (especially black!!) as well, the Endless Ocean games were big favorites of mine back in the day and I still love them. Fire Emblem Three Houses is currently a big favorite of mine to play, and I also love the earlier Assassin's Creed games, and the whole Resident Evil series is great and the Devil May Cry series is just absolutely fantastic!!
I really enjoyed Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and the first Last of Us game, the Danganronpa games are also some of my favorites, Little Nightmares and INSIDE are a lot of fun and I love them both, I'm really enjoying Project Diva Megamix at the moment, and I like playing the sims 3 and 4, I haven't played in a long time but I used to really love Team Fortress 2, annnnddd that's all I can think of at the moment! I've played a lot of games and really loved most of them, it's so hard to pick favorites ahahaha xD

I love rpg's - especially with character customisation. Games like Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Fallout are my absolute favourite, and part of the few game franchises I buy new releases from without question (has backfired horribly tbh - looking at you ME: Andromeda)

I also love Zelda and Pokemon. Breath of the Wild was really excellent, but I missed the themed dungeons - the divine beasts were a bit repetitive in terms of design so were a bit disappointing. I know they sank a lot of effort into the shrines but part of me wishes they had cut down on some of them and instead given us fully fleshed out dungeons to explore.

Pokemon Sword and Shield was another new release that I really liked, but felt was weak compared to previous games. X/Y and Black/White were my faves and sometimes I felt like SW/SH fell short on story (which admittedly has never been a strong point in pokemon games). I also wish they would stop introducing cool features and then scrapping them in the next gen - I loved mega evolutions and wish they had kept them. Also wish they kept the roller blades from X/Y...

Oh I also love Red Dead Redemption. 2 was AMAZING, but I still hold the first in the top spot.

Any Pokemon core games, along with gen 4 spin-offs because that was the best generation for spin-off games with PMD and Ranger. The only Pokemon core games I didn't enjoy were XY, I think of XY as Pokemon phoning it in. On the other hand, DPPt and BW/B2W2 are my favorite core games! And PMD Sky is my favorite spin-off!

Can't go wrong with Fire Emblem. Though Conquest/Birthright were not that great, still fun gameplay. Awakening and Three Houses are probably my favorites out of the FE games.

I'll play almost anything Mario. None of the weird sports ones like tennis and golf, though.

I'd like to get into Zelda and Splatoon, I've played a little of them both and they seem fun!

I signed up for psnow for a year just so I can play Fallout 3 lol. I love that game so much.

Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Stardew Valley, Sonic and the Katamari series

I love playing Minecraft. I’ve played BE (mobile version) for 6 years, it got boring and I stopped playing. But I recently got Java edition (PC version) it has more stuff in the game and I love it even more. I have a survival world but I usually play on servers more because it gets lonely sometimes.

Splatoon (obviously) and Fire Emblem. I've been playing the whole Fire Emblem Series actually even the Japanese exclusive ones.

Well, for when I feel like playing, RDR2, OW, and Pioneers of Olive Town have been keeping me pretty occupied for the most part as I wait for RE Village. I also find myself playing the SNES games on Switch aevery now and again as well for a throwback to nostalgia ☺

Mario kart with my brother and arms have been my favorites to play during this time! But smash ultimate is at the top of my favorites. Actually, my brother has me playing stick fight, and that game is super addicting and hilarious! :)

I'm personally a big fan of Mario games and platformers in general. I started Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury a week ago and have been playing every day since then. I got Hollow Knight, another platforming game, at the same time that I've also been playing every day. Some franchises I like that don't fall into that category are Scribblenauts and Drawn to Life (I've never cried over a game's soundtrack before, DTL is so underrated).

Usually Mario Kart 8 online and Overwatch if I'm not playing any single player game at the time.

I don’t really consider myself a “gamer” outside of Animal Crossing, but right now I love Project Diva Megamix, Mario Kart 8 (and just all MK games in general, they’re my favorites), and Rune Factory 4! I also love to go back to some of my old favorites on the 3DS— Style Savvy, Tomodachi Life, and Fantasy Life. I love any cutesy/comforting games.

I love indie rpg games similiar to ACNH like Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon, but I also love the LOZ series. I used to play Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm, but I finished them. I tend to play League, but only with my friends and I am waiting for Slime Rancher 2 to be released cause the first one was so good.

Disgaea, Fire Emblem, and Harvest Moon are my favorite franchises. With Harvest Moon I only like the games from before the wii ones though.

Back