• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Coral island

edenoakk

Bells
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
Anyone else been playing coral island? It's an early access release by humble games! However, it is extremely good. Haven't seen a lot of people talk/post about this game online.

It's like a animal crossing/stardew valley mix! I've left a trailer below 💫

💫 Coral island trailer 💫

I bought it when it first released in early access. The environment/characters are super cool, but I found the game a bit daunting overall (my comparison would be someone taking every idea they had for a farm/life sim and trying to work it into the game).

I only played it for two hours though - may not have given it a fair chance. I see there has been updates since then.

Any starting tips? 😮

I have been watching the progress of this game for SO long and am eagerly awaiting its release on switch !! it looks like exactly the kind of game i'd love

I don’t have a pc anymore, but I’m definitely gonna pick this game up whenever it comes out on Switch. I’ve been watching a YouTuber name Sarah Sunstone play this game and I instantly fell in love. 💙

I haven't played the game but I watched a streamer play it last year when it first came out and I have to admit it looked really pretty, it's a shame it was only available on Steam at the time. Although I've heard the developers plan for it to be released on other platforms in the future and I hope that includes Xbox as I'd love to play the game. 🤞🏻

i supported coral island as a backer when the kickstart for it first launch! i am really happy it's become such a gorgeous game! i'm in the discord server and its nice to be able to see the updates ongoing and hear the game dev details and! even! give feedback to them and see it instituted in the game. (ie. pronoun inclusivity and sprinkler systems and in game RNG, etc.)

i really like the graphics (most farming sims are too 8bit or kiddish for me) and the customization of the farm and the variety of relationships and the plot line itself of cleaning up the ocean. it feels very satisfying to play. i think a lot of the mechanics still need to be worked out (mining and fighting and cooking and such) but overall, i'm very happy with it and look forward to seeing its final version.

i will say though, i don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but i run a microsoft laptop that is not really built for gaming and i've had to stop playing coral island because it is mmmm graphics intensive and the devs've only upped the system requirements as they've worked on the game. luckily, i bought a second code, so when that comes out on switch in a year or two, i will be back at it!

I bought it when it first released in early access. The environment/characters are super cool, but I found the game a bit daunting overall (my comparison would be someone taking every idea they had for a farm/life sim and trying to work it into the game).

I only played it for two hours though - may not have given it a fair chance. I see there has been updates since then.

Any starting tips? 😮
for starting tips, i really recommend taking your time through the game! it certainly can be daunting! what i do is explore just one area a day or do one task a day at the beginning of playing. ie. one day i water my crops and then see how mining works and then end the day. just to get a hang for things. check the map frequently to get a sense for where you are and really utilize the 'find villager' function. also, build lots of storage bins and organize them/use signs to remind you what's in them. it pays to keeps things tidy.

i don't know if you've done this but changing the in-game speed is also SUCH a life saver. it really allows you time to experience the breadth and depth of the game. i think viewing the whole island itself as less of a pure farming sim and more a island living sim with farming in it, is maybe the way to go.

I backed the kickstarter, but I've been waiting to play until the game feels more complete. It does feel very ambitious for what they want to accomplish, but that's not a bad thing.

I haven't played it yet, but it's one of the games I'm interested in playing someday! Maybe I'll play it if it comes out on the Switch eventually

I am interested in the game and I'd like to try it.
Ill probably get it eventually one day when it becomes available on the Switch.

I've seen it for a while and I even follow one of the game's artists on Switch as it was being made. It was cool.

Well the 1.0 officially released this week on consoles and holy moly it's a hot a mess of glitches and bugs that makes the game practically unplayable. Plus there's a number of quests that are unfinished despite the fact it's been officially released etc. I was looking forward to playing Coral Island on Xbox whilst waiting for the big Dreamlight Valley update in December, but haven't entertained the idea of downloading it via Game Pass until it's actually playable.

Back