• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your favourite coping strategies?

These are some of my coping strats:

- Keeping a journal (or just writing about whats bothering me in my notes app)

- Going for really long walks while listening to music

- Taking long showers.. though I do that anyway

- If I need to really be distracted, I'll play some kinda immersive video game like The Sims or Stardew Valley

- Bob Ross is good for when I'm on the verge of a panic attack

- If something big and stress-inducing is coming up, I will do my best to be over-prepared by spending many, many hours researching and planning

- Just talking to my husband

-taking a long warm shower

-going online, most of my stress comes from school + social anxiety so seeing other people who share the same anxiety as me can help, other times it’s kind of bad because it just leads to me moping around more.

-going to be real with y’all, crying. sometimes it’s the best thing you can do. i preferably do this in private but it’s always good if you have someone to talk to.

-Scrolling on the phone. Not the healthiest coping mechanism, but it is the easiest to do when I don’t have energy to do anything after work and my bedtime routine.

-Play video games.

-Journaling. Right now I’m writing on a themed journal. The pages already have some designs printed on, so I try to find a journal prompt that fits the vibe that I get from the page. It lets me be creative without actually drawing.

Decorating the pages with stickers and cutouts is also fun.

Back