• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your favorite skincare products?

Bioderma Micellar Water (!), Paula's Choice Clear face wash, Paula's Choice 2% BHA, Paula's Choice 5% Benzoyl Peroxide, Resist Hydrator, Aztec Healing Clay, Innisfree Super volcanic pore clay mask, La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water.

I've have extremely sensitive skin, more sensitive than the average. It's also really dry! I've recently start incorporating oils into my skincare routine and I don't know why I haven't done it before! I'm currently using the Vitamin E Overnight Serum from the Body Shop :)

Although I've never had acne before, there was a period last year for the first time in my life where my face just exploded with pimples. It was so weird seeing as I thought the worst was over as I'd made it through the horrors of puberty hahah. I started taking some meds, used a prescription cream and taking the pill to help get it under control. At this point my skin is as smooth, if not more smooth than it was before, and I'm just waiting for the scars to heal :)

I don't really use a lot of products on my face. I'm still looking for facial moisturizer and a cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin. I have sensitive, dry skin. I use Aquaphor to remove my eyeliner because most makeup removers break me out. It does a good job at removing it, but it leaves me feeling greasy. I use Cocacare's Cocoa Butter Cream on my eczema patches. Unlike most moisturizers I've used, it's thick and it sinks right in(good thing). On top of that, it has a really nice scent. I don't recommend using this stuff on your face, since cocoa butter breaks most people out. It also has a touch of fragrance. It's only one of the last two ingredients but still

What I've tried in the past:
>Cetaphil gentle cleanser - My skin felt a little stripped after using it
>Simple's moisturizing cleanser - Same thing Cetaphil did
>Simple's miceller water - irritated my skin a little bit
>Garnier micellar water (pink) - my face felt like it was on fire after 10 minutes after using this

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I might be sensitive to SLS, because the only cleanser I've had luck with is CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser(a foam-free cleanser). It's the only cleanser I've tried that didn't leave my skin feeling dry or irritated. I'm still testing it out. I've only started using it a couple days ago.

Be careful trying out Lush's products. From what I've heard, their products contain a lot of irritating ingredients. Always patch test skincare products before you put it in your face. Oh, and make sure you put on sunscreen every day. Sun exposure can make your acne scars darker. Hope that helps!

holy crap! i used a new micellar water that other week and it destroyed my skin. took over a week to get it back to nearly "normal" state. i'm currently using cleansers from a brand called Sukin. They work great for me. Doesn't make my skin feel tight, stripped or irritated.
In terms of moisturiser, I love a brand called QV. They make some great unscented and soap-free soap. I'm not sure where you're located but you should try getting your hands on some of these! I'm in Australia, so if we can get it here, it's probably already everywhere else :p

So glad I'm not the only one :eek:

I've have extremely sensitive skin, more sensitive than the average. It's also really dry! I've recently start incorporating oils into my skincare routine and I don't know why I haven't done it before! I'm currently using the Vitamin E Overnight Serum from the Body Shop :)

Although I've never had acne before, there was a period last year for the first time in my life where my face just exploded with pimples. It was so weird seeing as I thought the worst was over as I'd made it through the horrors of puberty hahah. I started taking some meds, used a prescription cream and taking the pill to help get it under control. At this point my skin is as smooth, if not more smooth than it was before, and I'm just waiting for the scars to heal :)
I'm the same way. I can't even use cetaphil or micellar water on my skin. I've really been meaning to try oil cleansing. Sadly, things like jojoba oil and argan oil are a bit tricky to find in my area. By the way, don't use an oil to get your eye makeup off. I know someone that used to use baby oil(basically mineral oil with fragrance) to get her makeup off. One day a little bit got into her eye. She bruised her eye trying to get it out and ended up in the hospital.

Last edited:
I'm the same way. I can't even use cetaphil or micellar water on my skin. I've really been meaning to try oil cleansing. Sadly, things like jojoba oil and argan oil are a bit tricky to find in my area. By the way, don't use an oil to get your eye makeup off. I know someone that used to use baby oil(basically mineral oil with fragrance) to get her makeup off. One day a little bit got into her eye. She bruised her eye trying to get it out and ended up in the hospital.

aw man that doesn't sound too good :/
I've been using the Vitamin E oil I mentioned to help moisturise my skin and it's doing really well :)

Unfortunately I have this weird thing with fresh fruits/veggies/bad grass allergies that stop me from being able to try pure oils derived from these types of foods/products, but if you can, maybe try looking into them as well?

That really sucks that it's hard to find. Of course I don't know where in the world you are, but, if purchasing online is an option, you should give that a go!

Have you tried looking in the hair section at your stores? That's where I get my argan and jojoba oils, I never see them in the make-up section.

And yeah sometimes I use random cover things if I would get overly large pimples lol. And I do use The Body Shop's body butter, currently on the mango one but sooo want that pina colada one they have now aah. That's not much for beauty though it's more because I have dry skin.

First of all I wanted to thank everyone for their recommendations! Also, here's a mini-update on my own skin:
I managed to stay acne free for around a month! I used a clarisonic and a cleansing milk daily on my skin and every other day an exfoliant and saw significant improvement in my scars! My skin was the clearest it had ever been in my adult life.

The bad news is that as of the last few days is that instead of acne I'm breaking out in boils again. I have about 4 on my face and 2 on my chest. These aren't nearly as big and discolored as I used to get, but still enough to frustrate me and keep me from using my clarisonic. Here's hoping these clear up soon and again thanks for all your recommendations!

aw man that doesn't sound too good :/
I've been using the Vitamin E oil I mentioned to help moisturise my skin and it's doing really well :)

Unfortunately I have this weird thing with fresh fruits/veggies/bad grass allergies that stop me from being able to try pure oils derived from these types of foods/products, but if you can, maybe try looking into them as well?

That really sucks that it's hard to find. Of course I don't know where in the world you are, but, if purchasing online is an option, you should give that a go!

That sucks. You could try mineral oil. That doesn't come from plants. It's basically baby oil without fragrance. Still, you should patch test before you lather it on your face. There's always a chance you're allergic to the stuff. And don't believe everything you read about a specific ingredient. Sometimes scientific studies are misinterpreted by reporters

Not really sure if it counts as a skin product, but I love Avon bug guard spray for repelling pesky mosquitos. The OFF brand was the one that I used before, but it did not work as well as I had hoped. I often get blisters on my skin whenever I get mosquito bites, so it helps whenever I go outside for an extended period of time. They also have it in the form of sunscreen, but I'm not sure how well it works in comparison to the spray.

Last edited:
i use the arbonne clear future set, it works wonders for oily skin. its pricey but it gets acne gone and keeps it off

i love etude house wonder pore set! it really works well in keeping my skin soft and clean feeling (and looking)
here's my routine in case curious:
rice water bright cleansing oil
etude house wonder pore
peach sake emulsion
innisfree green tea mist
and sometimes, bubble tea sleeping back

as for face masks i use them only once a week or less if i decide to. for me they don't do much except make my skin look a bit brighter so i only use them if i have something big going on that week, like a date or interview.
i use the soo ae aloe collagen mask because it feels so refreshing to me. it has such an amazing smell to it too.
my only complaint is that it is SOOOO messy.

if you want a good moisturizer then stick to the one you're using since you're acne free, but i personally recommend the Simple moisturizing facial wash. i used that before i started buying products online. it's really nice but if you have already oily skin it may be an issue. for oily skin i recommend elf moisturizer. i havent used it myself but i've heard godly things about it.
hopefully your acne stays far far away! :D

Simple products are amazing and well-priced. I'm allergic to most soaps and had horrible skin age 11-16. Since I started using their products it's rare I even get the odd spot.

i never use anything on my skin but normal soap and my skin has like 1 spot a month?? genetics <3

def. then, i've never gotten good results from regular soap but yeah good skin and genes.

To the people who got bad reactions from micellar water, have you guys tried Bioderma Sensibio? I also cannot use Cetaphil because my skin is extremely sensitive and temperamental. I feel like the soap just moves around the oil and dirt rather than removing it and the lotion made me break out in hives. I tried it once and I broke out in a rash and thought maybe it was a fluke so I tried again a week later and the same exact thing happened again so I just returned it. Ah my sensitive skin. I've had good results with Bioderma though. I haven't used Garnier or any other brand so I can't compare but the one with the red cap is designed specifically for people with sensitive skin. I use an oil cleanser and then follow with Bioderma and it removes any traces of makeup or sunscreen residue.

Back