• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I had a mostly calm, low stress day at home.
- I played some games.
- I watched the newest episodes of To Your Eternity and Bungo Stray Dogs.
- I took my second shower in the new bathroom! Even though we didn't change the dimensions, the shower feels so much more spacious without the tub and shower curtains infringing on us. The pebble floor feels great, too.

I watched the latest episode of One Piece with my family this morning! Katherine Elizabeth had also posted another episode of her Empires series, so we watched that later on too, along with some other videos. ^^
I got to play a little farther in Rune Factory 5!
I worked on a couple more quick rubber band bracelets.
I'm up later than I really should be as a result ahahaha, but I completed another entry in my island journal! I've finally got all my dream villagers in New Horizons too. ;v; Had to use Amiibo cards to make it happen, but villager hunting had kind of lost its charm for me anyway, and I've been really wanting to put my Nook Miles towards other things.

Two weeks ago I hung out with my favorite person for the first time since late August, and I keep reflecting on our conversation in her car. She said I give off serious man energy, which was enough to make my night, but there was more. I’ll elaborate a bit. She talks about me a damn lot to her roommates and brought up the fact they think I’m her boyfriend. She calls me “Blue Streak” in their presence and has spoken about me in such a way they think we are together, so of course I’m happy about that.
My dad found out about that, and he says “it doesn’t matter what you want to be, it’s what you are” referring to the fact I will never be a man. Reflecting on the top point just made me feel better and it’s nice to feel validated.
My new drawstring bag is on the way here and is estimated to arrive on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to seeing it and using it in person. The colors look awesome!!
I played lots of Mario Kart tonight and still have some time left and very much enjoyed my days off. In fact, I have been called off again tomorrow so my weekend was extended. I did find out we have PTO (I wasn’t even aware we had that here), though, so I’m going to see if I can put it in for Monday so I’m paid for it despite being called off. It’s a 10 hour day I’m losing, so I’m glad to have this option.
I made some updates to my pronouns.page. It’s not yet public (as in linking to it from my profile/signature) because I’m stalling big time, but probably soon. Probably, lol.

I haven’t been stressed at all lately. I’m glad my stress levels have been low to non existent recently. I think that Croconaw plushie from my favorite person helps, which is one of my coping mechanisms. A physical object from her feels like she’s still with me even when we are are apart. She said I can hold it when I’m stressed so the meaning behind it was very personal for me and it feels like she really thought it through. Having a physical object to attach to is much healthier than attaching to a person (per my therapist) so it really feels like she did in fact think it through and got me a meaningful gift. It feels nice to be understood.

it's been so long since I posted in here, but I have some things to be happy about now :)
(feel free to skip this since it's kinda long)
so I did end up quitting my job. it was honestly a really difficult decision for me to make, understandably since I didn't even realize it was my job that was causing me distress until my mom brought up the idea of me quitting. I went in yesterday to pick up my last check as well as my tax forms, and even though I could visit the cats there, walking around the place was bittersweet. I don't know how I could become so attached to something that caused me so much pain, but I've finally broken out of that loop.
I put in my two-weeks notice, I let my supervisor know what I was dealing with and that I was pretty positive the job is what was causing me so much pain and turmoil. but my supervisor (who is actually a long-time family friend who knows me very well, she's the reason why I was able to land the job so easily in the first place), while admitting that she doesn't know exactly what I had been dealing with, said that she was willing to just let me go then and there so I wouldn't be so stressed anymore. she also said I could come back any time for kitty therapy, and if I needed anything else or any help I could let her know. I appreciate her so much, because I've encountered many teachers/professors in my school years who literally couldn't care less how I'm feeling and got mad at me when I didn't do my work (bc of stress). when I became an adult I knew that somehow things would get easier, and honestly yeah I've dealt w a lot of difficult stuff but I feel less misunderstood now, and I'm actually connecting with people and feeling listened to.
I'm not gonna lie, I was in a pretty dark place for a while, and I really hate feeling that way. I know I have a lot to live for and a lot to be grateful for but when I'm in such a deep depression it's so very difficult to recognize those things. It was only like 2-3 days ago that I quit and I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. I suddenly have the motivation to do some much needed cleaning and re-organizing. I still feel pretty tired and I get irritated somewhat easily, but I'm hoping with this break I'll be able to get some of my patience back.
[tl;dr I quit my job and it really was for the best, even though it was difficult.]

in regards to the last post, I'm pretty positive now why I feel so tired all the time. I am most certainly not an early bird. while working I found that days I had to et up and go to work were the days that I was really tired and had no energy to do anything, and it's because I had to get up around 7-8am to get ready for work. and likewise the days that I didn't have to work and I was able to sleep in were the days that I was more productive on. I'm glad I can recognize that I'm definitely a night owl now, so I can keep that in mind for future stuff. I really hope that whatever job I get next allows me to work afternoon/evening shifts.

I recently got back into playing Tomodachi Life and Tomodachi Collection, it's been pretty fun and wacky to play (especially the latter lol)

last night I finally had the energy/motivation to go through my dresser drawers, they were really cluttered and disorganized and full of clothes I don't wear anymore. so once I'm done typing here I'm gonna get some more laundry washed and I'll actually have some space to put them away 😁

my pink and white amaryllis has been blooming for about a week now and it's so pretty 🥺💕
I'm still sad that my old amaryllis isn't around anymore but I hope I can keep this one alive for a long time 🌼
20230127-144949.jpg

I'm slowly but surely getting back into my music stuff. it's been almost 2 years since I graduated college and I haven't practiced any piano or music consistently since then. I recently got my acoustic guitar out so I could learn to play Nutshell by AIC as well as practice Stairway to Heaven (which I actually learned a long time ago but I can't play it perfectly haha). now that I'm taking a break from work I have an idea for some piano stuff I want to try, I'm gonna start out small and just play things I want to play and not force myself to do something I don't want to do. I don't want to associate music with stressful times anymore, I used to love it (before college) and I want to get that time back.

last night I adopted quite a few new dragons in FR and there are some that I absolutely adore, I'll share them below 😄 🐲
(also some of them are currently hatchlings but I'll show their adult forms below)
this one is Melody, she's probably my favorite new one. I always say my favorite dragon breeds are Coatls and Imperials but lately my favorite has been the Tundras (this one and my avatar are both Tundras) and Skydancers 🤔 💕
dragon

this one is Varlan, a male Skydancer. I saw him and I was like "oooh his color scheme and patterns are super cool omg" so I adopted him, and then @/Shellzilla_515 was like "I just realized he has the same colors as the mlm flag" and honestly that realization makes him even cooler haha
83653172_350.png

this is Xavier, a male Obelisk. he somehow has these really dark colored sparkles that are difficult to see but they don't distract from the bodacious color scheme going on here so it's all good 😌
(plus his hatchlings will have a chance of having that sparkle in a different color!)
82578913_350.png

it's Tundra time againnnnnn 😗 this one is Ricky and he's currently my only male Tundra. if you're noticing a pattern in the color schemes here, that's bc I am constantly drawn to dragons that have really bright/bold/crazy colors, and he's certainly no exception lol
dragon

I actually got this one on the 22nd but her color scheme is so cool I wanted to share anyways, this is Midnight with her spirit raven friend :3
83620914_350.png

and then we have... yet another Tundra of course 😆 I actually rescued this poor gal, both of her siblings were exalted (basically removed from the game) and she had a tertiary gene which made her have what looked like brown rust all over her. I got her for a really low price, I assume the owner just wanted to get her out of the lair, so I took her and used a "remove tertiary gene" scroll and now she's really pretty and colorful and prismatic! I named her Prism and she is Xavier's partner :D
82748920_350.png

if you made it to the end I applaud you, I tend to go on and on abt things I'm really into atm lol
I know it's been a few days since you originally posted and that we always chat with each other on discord but I'm telling you, Bug, it's always awesome to see dragons that you show to me with seemingly endless combinations of colours! 🌈

- I took my second shower in the new bathroom! Even though we didn't change the dimensions, the shower feels so much more spacious without the tub and shower curtains infringing on us. The pebble floor feels great, too.
You've been mentioning the progress of your bathroom over the past few weeks and it's great to hear that you're really starting to make use of it! 😄

---------------------------------------------------

Oh dear, I’m coming in hot with a massive post lol. The past few days have me feeling great and I very much welcome that!

January 26, 2023 to January 28, 2023
  • Even though it was for a short time, the sun came out and parts of the skies were clear! I’m taking every chance I get to be under the sunlight.
  • I’ve been slowly chipping away at getting some college stuff done and handing them in. It feels great to get them out of the way. Speaking of which, the class where I’m learning clutches and transmissions is quickly becoming one of my favourite things to look forward to.
  • I had a chat with @/Midoriya! He said that the past few days for him have been really great too, and I’m absolutely sure he’d like to keep it going!
  • I ate a beef patty and some pizza!
  • Working on my island journal for a few days in a row. While there’s no way that I’ll be able to win something beyond a lost book collectible provided that I make ten entries on ten different days, there is still some fun factor involved in playing New Horizons again and coming up with some (albeit poor) writing lol.
  • I watched Sailor Moon R with my sister and finished all of the episodes on the DVD set. I’ve already gone ahead and requested part two of it so I could pick it up from the library soon. Anyways, the episodes didn’t have any shortage of funny moments that made us laugh. Man, this show is like a comedy sometimes lol. Oh, and there was one shot that made me suspicious of the two cars that look vaguely familiar to the ones in real life.
Usagi running.PNG
Usagi vs Rei.PNG

Now here's an image containing two cars. The one on the top left looks somewhat like a Porsche 911 (993) while the one on the bottom right looks somewhat like a Mercedes-Benz 190E. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was way off lol.
Cars from sailor moon.PNG
  • There were a few Hotwheels toys that caught my eye and I managed to buy them! I ended up getting four in total and I’m really aiming for the ones that exist in real life.
From left to right, top to bottom, the cars I bought are the Rimac Nevera, Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Turismo Sport (funny how this is my first Porsche Hotwheels lol), 1984 Ford Mustang SVO, and the 1984 Audi Sport Quattro!
Hotwheels.PNG
  • I got to play Gran Turismo 7. You know, the usual stuff with me occasionally driving like a noob lol.
  • Speaking of which, I created a couple of stuff over on Inkscape! It took me a while to create them and put them in the game… Actually, this is something that @BrokenSanity might want to see!
It’s the drawings that they made for me a little while back! In fact, they’re the same ones that are in my signature at the moment. I’m telling you again for the umpteenth time, but just making custom decals in a video game, even though I didn’t originally make the drawings, it brings a huge smile to my face. In case you're wondering what car I used here, it’s a 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4. I hope you're okay with this, BrokenSanity!
Gran Turismo® 7_20230128205212.jpg

Cambridge University_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230128213049.jpg

Nürburgring GP__1.jpeg

In fact, there was an online time trial involving this car and I ended up achieving a gold target time (at the time of this post at least) thanks to these decals. 😊
Gran Turismo® 7_20230128212453.jpg
  • I got to chat with @/xSuperMario64 too! He’s been showing me many dragons from Flight Rising and it’s amazing to see the different colour combinations that he’s come up with, even though there are a few that he hasn’t owned yet. Honestly, it makes me smile to hear that Bug is really happy playing this game (and pretty much anything else that puts him in a good mood). Of course, we got to talk about a few other things too, and he sent me this message after talking about the Porsche I just mentioned which got me laughing. It’s a pretty good material for the out of context quotes thread lol.
Out of context quote 2.PNG

Okay, that's enough Porsches for this post. 😂

January 29, 2023
Today (technically yesterday) has been a very productive day for me, with lots of positive things that happened!
  • It was snowing! I didn’t have to go anywhere, so looking at the snowy scenery from indoors made me feel very cozy.
  • I got to do some textbook reading for college. I didn’t finish all of it, but I didn’t want to burn myself out and rather do it in small steps. I’ll be sure to finish it eventually!
  • My sister was playing some relaxing jazz music in the background while she was studying, so it just made things more at ease for me.
  • I did some laundry.
  • I ate some leftovers of pizza and a beef patty as well. They’re always tasty to eat when heated up really nicely.
  • I was randomly recommended a K.K. Slider cover of Drivin’ that someone made on Youtube. It’s actually from at least two years ago when it was uploaded and yet, it’s only today that I discovered this. Wow, this cover sounds so good and I love it! I’ll be sure to put this in my playlist when I’m out driving on the roads.
I have a sneaky suspicion that whoever animated the car in the video got inspiration from a Lancia Stratos! Of course, there are still some differences with the roof being absent.
Vestland _.jpeg
  • I had a small nap.
  • Played some more Gran Turismo 7 and continued to mess around racing against engine-swapped cars.
  • I handed in a few things for college with an assignment included and I’m glad to get it over with.
  • I completed another entry for my island journal. Ever since playing New Horizons again for the event, I’ve been getting some DIYs that I never learned before and I welcome that fully. It’s only been five days and I probably learned more than the entirety of last year lol.
Oops, that was a lot to type. If you read all the way to the end, I want to say thank you for hearing me out for who knows how many times I did this, especially with cars haha. 💙

I watched South Park over the weekend, I'm on season 8 now! I also watched South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - The movie was hilarious and I loved the songs (my favorites in particular were "Mountain Town" and "Blame Canada"), I'd definitely watch it again. 😁

I did quite a bit of drawings for my art challenge! I still have some catching up to do, but I'm happy with my progress! 🎨 I'm also excited because I get to draw some of my favorite Miis next! (If you're curious, it's Eva and Haru!)

I did some writing today! It wasn't a lot (maybe about 150 words), but I haven't done much writing in a bit anyways. I'm pretty happy with what I wrote so far! 📝

My step-mom made a delicious brunch, and this time we had eggs! 🍳

I made a new online friend (who is a fan of South Park) today! :D

My birthday is in two days, I can't wait!! 🎂

I did my laundry in the late afternoon instead of later in the night
I completed my schoolwork for the day and didn't scramble to get it done this time
I had one of my favorite meals for dinner: Gardein fishless filets, Greek chickpeas with cumin and parsley, avocado, and brown rice!
I had a nice long shower!

- I got up early this morning.

- Ordered my favorite coffee for the first time in awhile!

- Been playing Genshin Impact and almost done building Alhaitham. 🤩

- Getting back into playing Pokemon Unite ranked and winning battles!

- Loving my current TBT aesthetic. I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

- Work is going well and I'm getting a lot done.

- My kitties are sweet.

- My friends and family always make me happy. 💚

Last edited:
You've been mentioning the progress of your bathroom over the past few weeks and it's great to hear that you're really starting to make use of it! 😄
Thank you. I was starting to feel like this day would never come. 😂

Today I'm happy because:
- I found some light bulbs that I'm happy with for the bathroom. I only bought 3 different kinds. I know I'm crazy.
- We thought the medicine cabinet came with the wrong size shelves, but the correct ones were actually in our basement.
- The contractors removed all of their trash that was piled up in our basement and yard. They're coming back for a bit more clean-up in the bathroom closet and to fix a tiny problem with the threshold, but otherwise everything is done!
- I treated myself to a strawberry waffle cone for dessert tonight.

For anyone who cares, here are some pictures of our finished bathroom. The goal was to have a mixture of modern for my husband and vintage for me that didn't look out of place with the rest of our 1950 house. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Just ignore the old dirty bathmat and faded hand towel. Those will be replaced soon.

5Owqfj8.png

3gz4gTV.png

rPu4vem.png

bSF0g7e.png

DwoJ65B.png

@LadyDestani Congrats on the finished bathroom—that clock is awesome!! I love it! ;w;

I played with the neighbor's cat outside! I waved this long piece of grass around for her to attack, and she was being super cute—she even did that weird sideways, arched-back walk on her hind legs at one point. 😭
Also played Rune Factory 5 again today! It's probably obvious from how much I've been playing it ahaha, but I'm really enjoying it.
And I watched some Youtube videos this evening with my family! I loved the new Among Us video on Grian's second channel; I've missed watching that game.

I opened up a bit to my favorite person last night. I have a tendency to keep things to myself. I always seem to pour my heart out after midnight, so it means a lot she’s willing to listen during those hours. I’m just happy to have told her as much as I did without her pushing. I’m so thankful for our friendship.
9CDA6C83-6160-4F82-8165-176F0E2BA0CB.jpeg
My drawstring bag arrived in the mail this morning. I’m honestly not much of a college sports fan, but I love the colors of this sack. I’ve been looking forward to its arrival.
B6CAA6A1-542D-4014-A4F0-EE4B74FDC742.jpeg
I have a shorter shift at work today, so I’m wearing my chest binder. I was misgendered (and probably mistaken for a minor) once today. A customer said “that girl looks so happy.” That’s just not a sentence you say about a 25 year old, lmao. Misgendering happens a lot less often with a binder, so it’s a start.

- Work is going well.

- Bit the bullet and purchased Fire Emblem Engage! Will play later. Looking forward to it.

- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks defeated the Detroit Pistons 111-105 yesterday thanks to a 53-point effort by Luka Doncic. 🏀 🔥 😤

- There's snowwwwwwwwww outside!!!!! I don't like the rain, but I LOVE snow. Today truly is a great day. 🤩

I play Rune Factory 5 some more today! ^^ I've been wanting to use dual blades on this playthrough since I was using a longsword in RF4S, and I finally found my first pair in a chest today—and they are totally sick omg. I was handling monsters just fine before, but I felt like an absolute beast after getting those.
Switched over to ACNH later and got some serious DIY crafting done! I was mainly just focused on getting checkmarks on things I hadn't crafted so far. I think I need a little break from all the decorating I've been doing, and I'm sure this will be a big help for future builds and such. Since I sold most of it afterwards, I think it also improved my storage situation... slightly. 😅
And I watched a few Youtube videos with my family! c:

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to wake up at the normal time for work this morning and didn't feel exhausted all day.
- I took walks on both my morning and afternoon breaks.
- I completed all of my important tasks at work and left on time.
- My boss showed me a new picture of her precious little puppy! 😍
- I don't have anything really pressing for work tomorrow so I'm hoping to catch up on some lower priority tasks.
- We're having a Super Bowl themed lunch at work tomorrow. 🏈
- I get to leave work early for a massage therapy appointment.
- I scheduled some vacation time for the week of Feb 13th. I can't wait! 😌

Back