• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What Are You Happy About Today?

It’s really sunk in today, in a good way, that some of worse traits are the PTSD talking and they can go away even if it sucks regressing to that state. It’s not an excuse not to better myself but thinking of what I went through with PTSD still trying to do new things made me proud of myself.

- My package arrived today! Proud of myself for waking up just before the delivery timeframe too lmao

- My exam timetable got published and I'm so relieved my exam is an online seen exam instead of an actual physical exam :ROFLMAO: I had a yikes moment when I saw the dates and thought my exam was scheduled for when I'm supposed to be in Japan, but it turns out that's just when the paper is released online lol. I'm horrible at actual timed exams because my memory is awful, but I'm pretty good at seen exams since I have time to plan my essay.

- Binge watched a lot of Gilmore Girls episodes last night, so that was nice 🤷‍♀️

Long time no see, thread!

Today I'm happy I decided to join in on the New Year, New Horizons event. It's kinda tailor made for me since Island Journals has been my favorite corner of TBT since I discovered it back in 2020.

I have way less time to play or write now, I'm on my third week at my new job and I work from Tuesday to Sunday, all afternoon until pretty late at night. Yes, it's a lot and the pay isn't great, but I'm still happy to be here even if in all honesty I'm still sending out applications for other places lol

(Much better doing that as an employee than while being unemployed, I'll tell you that!)

The truth is that I'm really lucky because I've been doing pretty well at all my responsibilities so far and the people here are so kind and we have a good time together. I even feel kind of attached to them already. Funny what spending 8 hours a day, six days a week will do to a group of strangers.

Writing for the event will be a good exercise in balancing work with my old hobbies, so we'll see how it'll turn out.

Hope everyone here had a great week 😊 💌

it's been so long since I posted in here, but I have some things to be happy about now :)
(feel free to skip this since it's kinda long)
so I did end up quitting my job. it was honestly a really difficult decision for me to make, understandably since I didn't even realize it was my job that was causing me distress until my mom brought up the idea of me quitting. I went in yesterday to pick up my last check as well as my tax forms, and even though I could visit the cats there, walking around the place was bittersweet. I don't know how I could become so attached to something that caused me so much pain, but I've finally broken out of that loop.
I put in my two-weeks notice, I let my supervisor know what I was dealing with and that I was pretty positive the job is what was causing me so much pain and turmoil. but my supervisor (who is actually a long-time family friend who knows me very well, she's the reason why I was able to land the job so easily in the first place), while admitting that she doesn't know exactly what I had been dealing with, said that she was willing to just let me go then and there so I wouldn't be so stressed anymore. she also said I could come back any time for kitty therapy, and if I needed anything else or any help I could let her know. I appreciate her so much, because I've encountered many teachers/professors in my school years who literally couldn't care less how I'm feeling and got mad at me when I didn't do my work (bc of stress). when I became an adult I knew that somehow things would get easier, and honestly yeah I've dealt w a lot of difficult stuff but I feel less misunderstood now, and I'm actually connecting with people and feeling listened to.
I'm not gonna lie, I was in a pretty dark place for a while, and I really hate feeling that way. I know I have a lot to live for and a lot to be grateful for but when I'm in such a deep depression it's so very difficult to recognize those things. It was only like 2-3 days ago that I quit and I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. I suddenly have the motivation to do some much needed cleaning and re-organizing. I still feel pretty tired and I get irritated somewhat easily, but I'm hoping with this break I'll be able to get some of my patience back.
[tl;dr I quit my job and it really was for the best, even though it was difficult.]

in regards to the last post, I'm pretty positive now why I feel so tired all the time. I am most certainly not an early bird. while working I found that days I had to et up and go to work were the days that I was really tired and had no energy to do anything, and it's because I had to get up around 7-8am to get ready for work. and likewise the days that I didn't have to work and I was able to sleep in were the days that I was more productive on. I'm glad I can recognize that I'm definitely a night owl now, so I can keep that in mind for future stuff. I really hope that whatever job I get next allows me to work afternoon/evening shifts.

I recently got back into playing Tomodachi Life and Tomodachi Collection, it's been pretty fun and wacky to play (especially the latter lol)

last night I finally had the energy/motivation to go through my dresser drawers, they were really cluttered and disorganized and full of clothes I don't wear anymore. so once I'm done typing here I'm gonna get some more laundry washed and I'll actually have some space to put them away 😁

my pink and white amaryllis has been blooming for about a week now and it's so pretty 🥺💕
I'm still sad that my old amaryllis isn't around anymore but I hope I can keep this one alive for a long time 🌼
20230127-144949.jpg

I'm slowly but surely getting back into my music stuff. it's been almost 2 years since I graduated college and I haven't practiced any piano or music consistently since then. I recently got my acoustic guitar out so I could learn to play Nutshell by AIC as well as practice Stairway to Heaven (which I actually learned a long time ago but I can't play it perfectly haha). now that I'm taking a break from work I have an idea for some piano stuff I want to try, I'm gonna start out small and just play things I want to play and not force myself to do something I don't want to do. I don't want to associate music with stressful times anymore, I used to love it (before college) and I want to get that time back.

last night I adopted quite a few new dragons in FR and there are some that I absolutely adore, I'll share them below 😄 🐲
(also some of them are currently hatchlings but I'll show their adult forms below)
this one is Melody, she's probably my favorite new one. I always say my favorite dragon breeds are Coatls and Imperials but lately my favorite has been the Tundras (this one and my avatar are both Tundras) and Skydancers 🤔 💕
dragon

this one is Varlan, a male Skydancer. I saw him and I was like "oooh his color scheme and patterns are super cool omg" so I adopted him, and then @/Shellzilla_515 was like "I just realized he has the same colors as the mlm flag" and honestly that realization makes him even cooler haha
83653172_350.png

this is Xavier, a male Obelisk. he somehow has these really dark colored sparkles that are difficult to see but they don't distract from the bodacious color scheme going on here so it's all good 😌
(plus his hatchlings will have a chance of having that sparkle in a different color!)
82578913_350.png

it's Tundra time againnnnnn 😗 this one is Ricky and he's currently my only male Tundra. if you're noticing a pattern in the color schemes here, that's bc I am constantly drawn to dragons that have really bright/bold/crazy colors, and he's certainly no exception lol
dragon

I actually got this one on the 22nd but her color scheme is so cool I wanted to share anyways, this is Midnight with her spirit raven friend :3
83620914_350.png

and then we have... yet another Tundra of course 😆 I actually rescued this poor gal, both of her siblings were exalted (basically removed from the game) and she had a tertiary gene which made her have what looked like brown rust all over her. I got her for a really low price, I assume the owner just wanted to get her out of the lair, so I took her and used a "remove tertiary gene" scroll and now she's really pretty and colorful and prismatic! I named her Prism and she is Xavier's partner :D
82748920_350.png

if you made it to the end I applaud you, I tend to go on and on abt things I'm really into atm lol

I earned three more achievements while playing Minecraft today! They were all pretty simple ones, but made for a nice break since the ones I'm mainly working towards right now are taking a bit longer.
I also did my usual tasks on my ACNH island!
Watched Youtube with my parents again this evening!
I finished another chapter in volume 11 of Durarara!!
I used to be way too hard on myself about not having too many video game playthroughs going on at once, but I'm trying to learn to be more laid-back, especially about silly things like that. So even though I'm already playing a few games right now, I decided to start Rune Factory 5! ^^ I'm not very far it yet at all, but I'm enjoying it so far! (I wouldn't mind getting back into RF4S soon either, but I thought it would be a good idea to refamiliarize myself with the basic controls/gameplay first since it's been so long. 😅 )
And I've made a few more rubber band bracelets!

I got a few more candy collectibles! I bought a red and green candy from @/Midoriya, and @/Crash gifted me a Friday the 13th candy!! 🍬

Watched some more South Park! I've been really enjoying the episodes in season 7, particularly "Christian Rock Hard", it was pretty hilarious. 😆

I made chicken Caesar salad in cooking class the other day, and it was really good! 🥗

My dad visited my older brother yesterday and came back with cases of Coca-Cola! I'm not a huge fan of dark soda, but my older brother saved my younger brother and I the limited "dreamworld" Coca-Cola! It tasted a bit like candy. 🥤

I've been playing Miitopia the past couple of days! I stopped because I beat the main story pretty quickly and got bored with the post-game stuff, but I'm having a blast playing it now! ^^

It's the weekend! After a week of doing school tests practically every day, I get to relax for a bit. I don't have a lot of homework, either!

im happy because today's my birthday and it was a good day. i got to order pizza and my mom baked a cake and i got to hang out with family :]

im also happy because i feel like my arts improving and im so proud!!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day! 🥳

@xSuperMario64x I'm glad to hear that you figured out what was causing your distress and that you were able to remedy it pretty quickly. Also, I love seeing your dragons. They are so cool! 🐉

Today I'm happy because:
- I had a pretty quiet day at work. I was able to complete all of my goals for the day.
- For lunch, I treated myself to some cheese sticks from Pizza Hut. I haven't had them in a while.
- I took walks on both my morning and my afternoon breaks.
- I've been maintaining my weight within 2-3 lbs but today I had dropped an extra pound.
- I had a chocolate milkshake this evening.
- I know you're all probably sick of hearing about it. I'm sick of talking about it. But the bathroom is almost finished!!! They're coming back tomorrow to take care of some finishing details and clean up. I will be so unbelievably happy when it's all done!
(Although I'm a little upset that I need to do some repainting. The painter did a really cruddy job, so bad that the other guys felt the need to patch it up for us even though it wasn't their job. I'm really happy that they did that without us even saying a word, but they didn't do so good around the trim so I'm going to go behind and make that cleaner.)

Happy today because I finally beat my Pokémon Violet game and managed to trade my extra Miraidon for Koraidon, so now I can complete my Pokédex. I’m currently working on that now. Also, during the last week playing my Pokémon Violet game I found four random, full odds shinies. Three of them in like two days, which is very lucky. These were found too while I was running around doing random stuff. ^-^

I haven't been online for a bit, so let me see if I can just hit the highlights. :)

- I went to Florida last weekend for a quick visit with my brothers. Travel-wise, it was plenty of time (I'm a serious homebody), but it wasn't anywhere near enough time to visit with them. I wish they were closer.

We did our Christmas together, though. I had knitted socks for one of them and he loves them. Better still, they fit. That's always a worry for me. My other brother got a tiny resin ball-jointed doll. He makes model kits and this is a little robot, so it sort of fits in. He's already planning how he wants to paint it.

I got a set of blind box dolls I was looking at and a gorgeous watercolor of Kiki and Jiji by Tony May. I'm looking for just the right place to hang that.

- I've given up on trying to find hair care products that make my hair look and feel as nice as when I come from the salon. It's also getting really long, which makes it harder to style (shoulder issues). I stopped in at my salon the other day and made weekly appointments for a wash and blowdry. It might be a bit of a luxury, but my hair will be in better condition, in the long run. And my hairdresser is a good friend, so seeing her once a week to chat will be a nice treat, as well.

- I've started working on a shawl for myself out of a gorgeous coppery merino/bamboo yarn. It'll be soft and cozy.

Today I'm happy because:

- I had what felt like the best shower of my life! Not sure how much of that was due to the upgrades and how much of it was due to not having a shower for 6 whole weeks, but it was incredible!
- I am loving our new bathroom! They still have 2 tiny things to do on Monday to finish it, but we can actually use it now!
- I played some video games, watched some TV and anime, and relaxed with my husband and my dog most of the day.
- I get to sleep in tomorrow morning and rest most of the day. There are just a few chores I'm hoping to do.
- I'm getting very close to the end of the book I'm reading. It's been good, but I'm excited to finish it up and read something else.

I'd ordered a clear file and really nice-quality sticker with the last of my Christmas gift money, and those arrived today! Also, there was a bonus campaign going on where you'd get a random bromide for every certain amount spent—I didn't spend enough to qualify, but I got one anyway? And it was the exact one I wanted??? 😭 No idea if this was a mistake, accident, or random act of kindness, but in any case, bless the worker who packed my order. I wish good things upon them.
Watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fairy Tail with my parents this morning!
I checked in on my ACNH island again, and finished another entry in my island journal! ^^ Soon I should also be ready to share something on my island that I've been wanting to do for ages, so I'm excited about that too.
I played a little bit further in Rune Factory 5!
GeminiTay posted a new Hermitcraft episode, and my parents and I watched that this evening!
I finished a rubber band bracelet that I started last night (but was too sleepy to finish 😅), and made a few more afterwards!

- A friend of mine found an outfit for one of my dolls. I have a specific style which can be hard to find.

Ordered two reusable sticker albums. I have lots of stickers, both for my planner and pretty ones I haven't decided what to do yet. I store the sheets in my lap desk, but it's still hard to sort through the stack to find what I want. Hopefully this will make it easier to see what I have. I think they are cute but not cutesy. :)

il_794xN.jpg
il_794xN (1).jpg

- I've been enjoying playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp a lot recently, it's really helped my calm down from a big OCD/anxiety attack. So today I feel a lot less anxious about a silly thing I was worried about :) I was actually calm enough to figure out a solution to one of my issues lol

- I made a salmon + cream cheese sesame bagel today and it was delicious. Sesame bagels have to my favourite type, followed closely by raisin and cinnamon bagels <3

- Finished Yama no Susume season 4 today 🎉

• I have had a super productive day, I cleaned my apartment, did laundry, decluttered a lot and got rid of stuff I don't need anymore that's just been sitting around for a few years
  • I got a subscription to Disney Plus
  • Yesterday I played Descent: Legends of the Dark, it's a RPG tabletop board game, I'm still learning so I'm pretty bad at it right now but I'm having a ton of fun with it and I know with time I'll get better.
  • The area where I had the tooth extraction is almost fully healed now
  • I have the rest of today to do what I want so I'm thinking of maybe playing Pokemon Scarlet or watching Stranger Things, I'm on season 4 now. Or maybe practice ukulele or keyboard. No idea yet, but it's only 1:30pm here so I have the rest of the day to chill :)

Back