• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What are you going to call your first Switch town?

I'm going to call it Amethan, it sounds like a really nice place to be doesn't it? (Savannah is another, but sounds more like a desert themed town)

Tenalach- Gaelic for basically a connection someone has with the land air and water

im likely sticking to this since my past town names have been Gaelic words and its so pretty

`Lavendel was my first town of acnl when I got it in 2012. And if i'm not mistaken I was the first to have the town name , Lavendel (or at least when I check people's dream codes) And I didn't get new Leaf until a few months after the game came out. Lavdendel is just such a cute name so I am just probs gonna go with that again. But my acww and accf had lame names like 'Paris' or 'Germany' lol.

As of right now I don't have many good ideas. I like Parsnip and Rutabaga so far.

I'm thinking of sticking with my NL town name which is Cinnabun or maybe name it something cute or sophisticated but in a different language like french or japanese. Hopefully we can have more files and have more than one town.

Actually changed my mind! I won't go the frog route next time, the more I think about it the more likely I think 15 character is possible, and it might not even be possible to have an all frog town, at least not without having WAY less girl characters and like... no way, not doing that. So I think I'll either call the town にじ (Rainbow) or いろいろ (various, it's usually written with the kanji for colour but... no kanji on switch) and I think I'll have a town with various things and colours and villagers of all types :)

(First of all, I?m SO dang hyped for the new game!!!)

OT: I?ll stick to my 3DS town name: Alpharis. :)

Last edited:
Right now I have no idea. I might just reuse my main acnl town's name, Pemberly.

Ahhh I've given up trying to come up with a name in advance! I'm gonna name my town after whatever strikes me in the moment. It'll be more magical and organic that way. <3

Atowne, because i am very indecisive when it comes to names, so id rather just go with something basic

I?m going to stick with names I?ve used in the past. I?m not sure what that will be yet, maybe the name of my current New Leaf town. I like Burrow a lot.

Back