what are the little things you want?

Some way to carry tools without them taking up space in my pocket.

I'd like some different shops and cafes too, I kind of imagine how happy home designer's main street is.

Being able to cook would be cool

Bring back the signs indicating where villagers will move into, rather than allowing them to haphazardly move anywhere they want while destroying everything in the process.

^I think that's pretty likely. I'll be playing probably exclusively in handheld mode (unless there are docked-only extras for some reason), so that would be pretty important to me.

The sass villagers had in the GameCube game, especially the Cranky and Snooty types. They were nearly downright mean at times. In New Leaf they got quite toned down and all personality types blend in together. In the GameCube game pretty much only Lazy and Normal types were sweethearts that never got angry or took shots at you or gave you backhanded compliments.

People who think Cranky and Snooty villagers are mean in New Leaf clearly never played the GameCube game. Tom was quite a grouchy old man and Olivia was quite a shallow catty ***** at times. In NL they're both too friendly.

It made the personality types stand out more from each other and it also made it more challenging to befriend villagers.

Bring the sass back!

Maybe see hair being blown by the wind? Or getting wet during rain. That would bring more use to Shampoodle. If your hair was affected by the elements or going swimming and you would have to get your hair redone. Maybe they could add a brush and comb along with that.

I'd like to walk around with Nook and pick out where villagers could move, similar to how you pick where your house is going to go. Isabelle could give you a notice on the login screen asking you to go to Nook's or to the train station to meet with him and maybe the villager to plot out where they could move to. If you don't care about where your villagers move maybe there could be an option to leave it up to them to decide.

I'd also love to have a jillion pattern spaces on a single character like in HHD. Some towns I don't want to create a second character, but I end up doing so just to use all the patterns I want.

Bring the sass back!

sass okay.. but i really don't need angry or mean animals. :/
just cause they used to be meaner doesn't make it better.
they can just add more dialog and more diverse dialog than nl.
i really don't like how the writing was and how they acted in previous games and i don't want micro-aggressions in an ac game. the constant shaming for not logging in, in nl and moving if you dont check in enough was already traumatizing and stressful enough.

--

i want the map to stay curved as it was in nl.. the flat map of previous games and ac plaza is really uninspiring and less immersive.

Last edited:
sass okay.. but i really don't need angry or mean animals. :/
just cause they used to be meaner doesn't make it better.
they can just add more dialog and more diverse dialog than nl.
i really don't like how the writing was and how they acted in previous games and i don't want micro-aggressions in an ac game. the constant shaming for not logging in, in nl and moving if you dont check in enough was already traumatizing and stressful enough.

--

i want the map to stay curved as it was in nl.. the flat map of previous games and ac plaza is really uninspiring and less immersive.

Well everyone gets angry sometimes. Being happy all the time isn't realistic.

Well they want you to log in regularly so you can do them favours and take care of the town lol. Now that you're a mayor in AC(I assume you'll be in the Switch game as well?) it even makes more sense for them to be upset at you for not logging in for months. Imagine if a real life mayor went MIA for months. Citizens would be pissed.

And it's not like they were THAT mean in the GameCube game. If anything, their bluntness kinda made me chuckle and gave them more personality. Real life friends argue and sometimes insult each other. It's not all beds and roses like New Leaf is. Now, I understand AC is meant to be some form of escapism from real life struggles, but a villager getting annoyed/upset at me occasionally is fine by me. But I guess maybe kids who play the game felt sad at times when the animals got angry at them and that's why the personalities got toned down in NL?

The sass villagers had in the GameCube game, especially the Cranky and Snooty types. They were nearly downright mean at times. In New Leaf they got quite toned down and all personality types blend in together. In the GameCube game pretty much only Lazy and Normal types were sweethearts that never got angry or took shots at you or gave you backhanded compliments.

People who think Cranky and Snooty villagers are mean in New Leaf clearly never played the GameCube game. Tom was quite a grouchy old man and Olivia was quite a shallow catty ***** at times. In NL they're both too friendly.

It made the personality types stand out more from each other and it also made it more challenging to befriend villagers.

Bring the sass back!

I agree they had more robust personalities in AC:GC. I wouldn't want them to be as mean or spontaneous as in GC though because sometimes that was really annoying, like when they randomly paint your roof or sell you something without a choice! But the actual dialogue itself could be more reflective of their personality type.

More interactivity with the furniture would be pretty sweet, especially if it is placed outside the home. I love furniture that brings a little more pizzazz even if it is just small quirks like the Matryoshka dolls. The Switch is capable of doing a lot of neat things so how interactive it could be might be even more than just that.

Also the villagers being able to respond to certain keywords in the letters you write them, like asking how they been lately may generate even a handful of unique responses. I have played a game that was released in the ancient PC days with that feature, which was pretty neat so I think it is not too much to expect that the letter system will be more complex and not based on just how long the letter is in this age.

More personalities and dialogue for the villagers. Ideal would be complete personal speech for every villager, but I don't think they will do that. I really want to be able to wave at my villagers again, I miss that.

I agree they had more robust personalities in AC:GC. I wouldn't want them to be as mean or spontaneous as in GC though because sometimes that was really annoying, like when they randomly paint your roof or sell you something without a choice! But the actual dialogue itself could be more reflective of their personality type.

The GC game had a lot of features that never were used in other AC games again. It's a shame because a lot of them were great. I get it that the DS and the 3DS probably didn't have much memory for all of that, but surely the Switch will have? Like for example having a rather large town again with up to 15 villagers in it.

New Leaf(and I guess the other games as well) might have added a lot of customisation and new stuff to do, not to mention mechanics which make the GC game feel outdated(writing letters with the GameCube controller is kind of a pain...), but New leaf at least, has toned down on the villager's personalities and also seems ot have limited the dialogue. In the GC the dialogue was pretty cool and you had to think well before answering when you were subjected to a pop quiz or something.

The GC game was simple yet VERY charming. New Leaf might be a superior game overall due to all the stuff you can do, but I feel like the original AC game had more of a soul and a better atmosphere. You truly felt like you were living in a peaceful isolated town far away from the real world while playing it on your TV. It felt very immersive, and the town being big and divided in square acres also helped making each section look so different. And lastly, the lack of online capability also contributed to that isolation feel. You had to know someone else who had the game and a memory card in order to visit them, and that was done by either you borrowing their memory card or by coming over to their place to play the game on their console. So the game was also a product of its time and era before online play was a mandatory feature for every single game out there.

So yeah, I think if the new game combined the best features of New Leaf PLUS some of the features from the GC game and also its atmospheric feel and give the villagers some edge again... it would make for a helluva game.

The GC game had a lot of features that never were used in other AC games again. It's a shame because a lot of them were great. I get it that the DS and the 3DS probably didn't have much memory for all of that, but surely the Switch will have? Like for example having a rather large town again with up to 15 villagers in it.

New Leaf(and I guess the other games as well) might have added a lot of customisation and new stuff to do, not to mention mechanics which make the GC game feel outdated(writing letters with the GameCube controller is kind of a pain...), but New leaf at least, has toned down on the villager's personalities and also seems ot have limited the dialogue. In the GC the dialogue was pretty cool and you had to think well before answering when you were subjected to a pop quiz or something.

The GC game was simple yet VERY charming. New Leaf might be a superior game overall due to all the stuff you can do, but I feel like the original AC game had more of a soul and a better atmosphere. You truly felt like you were living in a peaceful isolated town far away from the real world while playing it on your TV. It felt very immersive, and the town being big and divided in square acres also helped making each section look so different. And lastly, the lack of online capability also contributed to that isolation feel. You had to know someone else who had the game and a memory card in order to visit them, and that was done by either you borrowing their memory card or by coming over to their place to play the game on their console. So the game was also a product of its time and era before online play was a mandatory feature for every single game out there.

So yeah, I think if the new game combined the best features of New Leaf PLUS some of the features from the GC game and also its atmospheric feel and give the villagers some edge again... it would make for a helluva game.

It would be really nice to have more villagers and a bigger town, admittedly I much prefer the roll log type of worlds we have now to the acre system. I found the square by square system triggered my migraines. I also prefer being able to use wifi and not have to feel so isolated. I played City Folk very frequently because I made friends online and would visit them and it made the game much more fun for me. I love that in New Leaf you could visit dream towns so in a way you had the best of both, you could explore villages on your own or play with others over the internet. I really hope they keep the dream suit or at least something very similar in the switch game.

It would be really nice to have more villagers and a bigger town, admittedly I much prefer the roll log type of worlds we have now to the acre system. I found the square by square system triggered my migraines. I also prefer being able to use wifi and not have to feel so isolated. I played City Folk very frequently because I made friends online and would visit them and it made the game much more fun for me. I love that in New Leaf you could visit dream towns so in a way you had the best of both, you could explore villages on your own or play with others over the internet. I really hope they keep the dream suit or at least something very similar in the switch game.

Oh definitely. Of course I'm not suggesting the new game not to have online. That'd be bonkers in 2019.

I just thought of something, I would love to see after a Fishing Tourney or Bug-off, I would absolutely love to see the Villagers hanging outside, congratulating the winner and telling stories of how they caught the fish/bug, I personally would love to see friendships form between the animals rather than just the player and this could be a small little thing that could somewhat convey this idea.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Even if some animals grow such a strong friendship that they'll be seen more often with each other and get sad if one friend moves out or even move out with them. Probably won't happen but I'd like to see that.

Last edited:
Another idea for the pile:

Give us online options. Also make it so items can be traded directly between players as an additional means of item swapping.

- Invincible Flowers?
- Invincible Trees?
- Can visitors pickup items?
- Can visitors buy items from local shops?
- Player houses locked to visitors while host is outside

The online side of things needs more options. Making it so people can play with each other without having to worry about their town in any way whatsoever would be nice.

They also should also expand upon the Best Friends feature from New Leaf by essentially giving players playlists that one can choose from when opening their gate. For example: The game would look at your friends list and finds you have a huge list of people, friends and family alike: Now say you just want to play with family and not have to worry about one of your friends or the randoms you have added to your list popping in and messing things up just because they saw that your gate was open.

You highlight each family members name and add them to a playlist titled "Family" and then select that when opening your gate. Only those on that selected playlist would see that your gate is open.

This would go a long way in erasing headaches involved with travel. If I want to play with these specific people, I can create a playlist and add them and just load it up every time I open my gate.

They could call it a Guest List.

TUBING DOWN THE RIVER

This sounds like such an adorable little event!!! Imagine like one day in the summer, villagers that don't live in your town as well as some npcs are all tubing down the river, then when you chase them down to the waterfall into the ocean they start to flap around nervously during the final stretch and then just plop into the ocean harmlessly where they just float away

Back