• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are some weird theories you made (just for fun)?

BoonyBoo

Spooky Bunny
Bells
Switch
6312-9682-4421
I've been posting a lot of threads lately so this will be the last one for a while, I promise lol.

So, I have a theory about the lazy villagers. My theory is that they're actually the most intelligent, yet somewhat demented villagers in the series.

The reason why I came up with this hilariously dumb theory is because of multiple things regarding what the lazy villagers say and seemingly do. Here's the reasons why I think they're probably the most demented villagers in the series:
  1. They "talk to bugs", which could very well just be the intrusive voices in their own heads.
  2. They mention licking letters before sending them off to you. As if in their own little animal minds, they're trying to rub their scent on you as a subtle form of dominance.
  3. In previous Animal Crossing games, lazy villagers mention breaking into other villagers' houses to play on their game consoles as a funny dialogue. It's funny to us, but to the other villagers? That's pretty damn terrifying.
  4. Zucker has mentioned to me that he's no longer allowed to drive. The only implication as to why he's not allowed to drive anymore is the mere sound of yelling and screaming, with an imitation of vehicle crashes. This would imply that the lazy villagers are generally responsible for car-related cases of severe injury, and possibly even manslaughter...
Reasons why I also think they're secretly the most intelligent villagers:
  1. In real life, animals will rub their scents on anything they like as a form of "back off" to any other animal who may be interested in what they're claiming. The lazy villagers coating envelopes in food, and being gross enough to lick them off is actually them telling you that they're the boss around here.
  2. Zucker, a lazy villager I have, has been onto the foundation of his own existence. He mentions the flaws in the video game world he lives in. That the fruit grows at disproportionate rates, that the tree wood is abnormal, and that he even hears the game music all the time. This is apparently a "rumor" that the island is just a game. The lazy villagers get credit for introducing this thought process because they have yet to name any villagers who gave them this idea. This revelation could've easily been their own "internal voices" taking note on the metaphysical surroundings of their world.
  3. Number 2 would probably explain why the lazy villagers are even lazy in the first place. They've realized that this is all a game. A game where, in the perspective of the villagers, you help the player build the neighborhood, accept gifts, snack on foods, watch TV, and oversleep because nothing really matters anyway. This is why they laugh at their apparent violent memory of vehicular chaos. This is just a game anyway, and they know it.
So yeah, that's my ridiculous theory regarding the lazy villagers of Animal Crossing. What theories did you guys come up with?
maxresdefault.jpg

oh gosh, i got super into the new leaf "who was supposed to be the mayor?" theory. you get a letter after you start that says that "anonymous" was supposed to be the mayor but they're okay with letting you take control. a lot of people think it's isabelle, but personally i don't think so. tortimer also has retired, so my personal belief is rover. he was the only other person on the train besides you (that we know of). haha! 😅

oh gosh, i got super into the new leaf "who was supposed to be the mayor?" theory. you get a letter after you start that says that "anonymous" was supposed to be the mayor but they're okay with letting you take control. a lot of people think it's isabelle, but personally i don't think so. tortimer also has retired, so my personal belief is rover. he was the only other person on the train besides you (that we know of). haha! 😅
Yep I think its rover too.
He never said where he was going. He was the only person on the train. He recognised the name and location of the city. He knew your name (for sending the letter). He knew you got off there (and if he was to be the mayor, he would know what would happen by staying on the train while you got off)

It has to be him. It all adds up too perfectly

I've been posting a lot of threads lately so this will be the last one for a while, I promise lol.

So, I have a theory about the lazy villagers. My theory is that they're actually the most intelligent, yet somewhat demented villagers in the series.

The reason why I came up with this hilariously dumb theory is because of multiple things regarding what the lazy villagers say and seemingly do. Here's the reasons why I think they're probably the most demented villagers in the series:
  1. They "talk to bugs", which could very well just be the intrusive voices in their own heads.
  2. They mention licking letters before sending them off to you. As if in their own little animal minds, they're trying to rub their scent on you as a subtle form of dominance.
  3. In previous Animal Crossing games, lazy villagers mention breaking into other villagers' houses to play on their game consoles as a funny dialogue. It's funny to us, but to the other villagers? That's pretty damn terrifying.
  4. Zucker has mentioned to me that he's no longer allowed to drive. The only implication as to why he's not allowed to drive anymore is the mere sound of yelling and screaming, with an imitation of vehicle crashes. This would imply that the lazy villagers are generally responsible for car-related cases of severe injury, and possibly even manslaughter...
Reasons why I also think they're secretly the most intelligent villagers:
  1. In real life, animals will rub their scents on anything they like as a form of "back off" to any other animal who may be interested in what they're claiming. The lazy villagers coating envelopes in food, and being gross enough to lick them off is actually them telling you that they're the boss around here.
  2. Zucker, a lazy villager I have, has been onto the foundation of his own existence. He mentions the flaws in the video game world he lives in. That the fruit grows at disproportionate rates, that the tree wood is abnormal, and that he even hears the game music all the time. This is apparently a "rumor" that the island is just a game. The lazy villagers get credit for introducing this thought process because they have yet to name any villagers who gave them this idea. This revelation could've easily been their own "internal voices" taking note on the metaphysical surroundings of their world.
  3. Number 2 would probably explain why the lazy villagers are even lazy in the first place. They've realized that this is all a game. A game where, in the perspective of the villagers, you help the player build the neighborhood, accept gifts, snack on foods, watch TV, and oversleep because nothing really matters anyway. This is why they laugh at their apparent violent memory of vehicular chaos. This is just a game anyway, and they know it.
So yeah, that's my ridiculous theory regarding the lazy villagers of Animal Crossing. What theories did you guys come up with?View attachment 383934
Oh yeah, I completely agree with you. The lazies are totally psychos,

I love hearing how Filbert drives on the side walk, I think he does it weekly lol

Zucker has mentioned to me that he's no longer allowed to drive. The only implication as to why he's not allowed to drive anymore is the mere sound of yelling and screaming, with an imitation of vehicle crashes. This would imply that the lazy villagers are generally responsible for car-related cases of severe injury, and possibly even manslaughter...

Okay omgggg I have never seen my lazy villagers say anything like this to me, ever! This is actually really terrifying and demented haha

I have zucker too and ngl I'm worried about his mental health lol like that's a cool story your "bug friends" told you please eat these medicine-shaped candies 😅 also saw that "we live in a game" dialog and sat there dumbfounded for so long I couldn't record it and had no proof It happened so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one and my game isn't haunted lol

The 'i know we are in a game, jkjk' dialogue and I was like what. it was gold and all theories of mine must start from the fact that my villagers are so conscious.

I remember before the game came out, someone posted a screenshot of the tombstone furniture and theorized that Tortimer died. I wonder if he is still kickin'?

Also, this has no basis in the game but during the last TBT fair (Magazine Mash-up event) I decided that Timmy and Tommy make up conspiracy theories about other villagers, the representative, other NPCs, etc. and publish the conspiracy theories in a magazine called Nookileaks

I remember before the game came out, someone posted a screenshot of the tombstone furniture and theorized that Tortimer died. I wonder if he is still kickin'
I remember seeing a youtube video on this. When I got the tombstone recipe I remembered it and realised where the theory came from.

I haven’t thought actively of any, but I can think of one right now. Like since I hate the bug dialogue, I want to think my lazies don’t actually like bugs or have bug friends but are just talking about them to tease me or get a reaction from me.

I can't remember if I had any for New Horizons, but in New Leaf, I would always joke about how Isabelle was secretly embezzling funds.

I've seen a lot of people theorize that it may have been Rover. So you're not alone there.

Back