• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weird Experience

MintMansion

Bells
A while ago, I got ACNL for the first time, along with my new 3DS. Now, being the social person I am, I eventually ended up with several people’s friend codes and towns, which I would visit pretty often. But the only connection I had to these people was through AC.
I don’t remember the exact names, but there was this one guy named Brandon who had a town. Pretty normal, right? What was a little weird was when he started claiming a hacker could control his account. There was this other person who apparently had put both him and his sister in danger. Real life danger, not just in the game.
Once, I got to “meet” this other person. He went by DJ something, maybe Boombox? I’m not sure. But I remember we talked for a little while, and he asked me if Brandon had ever told him about this hacker guy. I said no, and eventually he left, and Brandon came back. I told him that I lied to the hacker or whatever, and nothing else big happened, except that he made a new town that was known as Estoril, with his sister.
Looking back on it now, I’m certain that it was fake. Younger me didn’t realize that whatever DJ Boombox did wasn’t realistic, and didn’t ever ask Brandon for more information. Maybe it was a social experiment, maybe Brandon had some mental stuff going on, I have no idea.
But I deleted all my friends on my 3DS some time after that encounter (not related to that btw), and couldn’t find the paper I wrote the codes on. I haven’t been able to find him since.
So. Anyone else experienced something similar?

Back