Wacom Tablet not working?

BluebellLight

bob is love bob is life
Bells
Winter Mittens
April Birthstone (Diamond)
I haven't done digital art in a while and got out my tablet. Now the light on my intuos pro 5 won't even come on when I plug the USB into my computer. My windows 8 laptop doesn't recognize it whatsoever, but it did a few months ago. I've tried deleting and reinstalling so many different drivers and nothing whatsoever is working. Anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Since the light isn't coming on, it sounds like it might be a hardware issue rather than an issue with the drivers. Unfortunately, Wacom's cables are very delicate, and usually don't last very long. I've had serious issues with my Cintiq's cables in the past, and it's definitely very frustrating.

If you get a new tablet, try not to let the cable hang from the USB port too much (you can try taping the cable to something for support), and try not to coil the cable too tightly when you put it away or store it.

Sorry this happened to you. Wacom's products aren't made very well. :(

Try a different usb cable, see if your tablet will light up. I've had several Wacom tablets and never had any issues with the devices themselves, it always the cable or the drivers :p

have you tried turning it off and turning it on again

Last edited:
Back