• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

need help connecting my Xbox 360 controller

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
tried to look online for answers and I'm stumped lol

so I'm trying to hook up my Xbox 360 controller to my PC so that I can use it to play games on Dolphin. the only problem is that the controller requires a driver, and because Microsoft no longer supports the 360 they do not have the driver on their website anymore (at least, I can't find it). on Windows 10 you can plug it in and the computer will automatically install the driver, but I have Windows 8 and it doesn't do that. I tried to find a driver online for it, but when I tried to run the installer it said "this program has compatibility issues."

I'm honestly about to buy a Mayflash adapter that can connect a gamecube controller to a USB port and just use that. but can anyone here possibly help me in the meantime?

edit: and in case you're wondering, yes the controller is wired and plugged into my PC. I don't have bluetooth connectivity on here.

That's odd. It should work on Windows 8, as well. At the very least, it has for all the times I've used it.

That's odd. It should work on Windows 8, as well. At the very least, it has for all the times I've used it.
yeah when I try to use it, the rings in the center flash nonstop and it doesn't do anything else. I suppose maybe I can try again tomorrow.

Back