• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Villagers worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Treating them like toys?? Um.. This is a GAME. A TOY. Treating them like toys is totally fine because that's exactly what they are! They don't "trust" you. They are fake animals living in a fake town. Do you seriously think that it matters to them if you're making money off them? They aren't real!

I'm not trying to be ugly but I am just shocked at the credit some people give to a toy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You shouldn't look down on someone because they don't get as emotionally attached to inanimate objects (for lack of a better term) as you do. The villagers aren't real and they don't have feelings, unlike the people you're insulting. People who TT or sell things in auction aren't doing anything that could harm your game or your gaming experience. If you find the practice not to your taste, simply don't participate and enjoy your game and let others enjoy playing the way they wish to play.

THIS.

I'm gonna have to agree with Olikuma again. If you have ever had more then one personality in your town, you realize that villagers are not unique. I had 3 smugs once. There were days when they all said the same thing, sometimes during the course of the same day!

So what's the difference between Marshal and some unpopular smug? Appearance. That's it. For those people who imbue these villagers as humans, then well, you shouldn't be trading villagers at all. Whether for bells or for free. After all, isn't that judging people by their appearance solely?

I had a friend who developed games, and I remember him saying that gamers fall into like 3 or 4 categories... Killers, Collectors, Explorers, and Socializers. The people who are into call of duty are Killers. We who love animal crossing are collectors. We want our town to be full of certain villagers, our house to be full of certain things, our trees to look a certain way...

How we get there shouldn't be judged or looked down upon. Whether you do it by bells or by building relationships with others on the board. Which, by the way, can also be argued is a "currency."

but what if we like call of duty and animal crossing?

i dont see it as "slavery" and i see it more as adoption. too poor to buy a villager? too bad. dont complain about it. no one cares. dont guilt trip people. thats annoying.

you want that villager as much as that person willing to pay 10 million bells does

Bam. Basically it. Especially the bolded part.

While I will never sell my villagers, if someone was like "i don't have money blah blah blah" well that's too bad. Sorry. The next person might even give the buyout! They both want the villager.

You have to do what you have to do.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with the fact that selling villagers for a price is wrong. Plus(I don't know if this is the same for anyone else), when i'm on the villager trading plaza I usually just skip over all the "Selling" or "Auctioning" threads just because those appeal to me the least and I know I probably won't be able to afford the prices.

Basically.
We have the option to ignore these threads. Take it and use it if you don't like it. Don't complain to others about it, and don't scold anyone who does it. It's not changing. Get over it. -.-

They are fake animals living in a fake town. Do you seriously think that it matters to them if you're making money off them? They aren't real!

This.

I'll add... the fake animals in the fake town don't care you are making fake money off of them. Because Bells aren't real either. :)

but what if we like call of duty and animal crossing?

We go exploring, socialize with residents, collect them.....then KILL them! lol I like about all genres, tbh. I think I get what Violetstown is saying, though. I do think you approach each type of game differently and have different expectations in each one.

I remember when the first Animal Crossing was out and I was on another game board chatting with someone who was playing it, another poster got into the conversation and said, "I hate that game! Everything is too sugary and there is no fighting or anything!" lol I replied with, "Gee, didn't the cute little animals on the cover give that much away?" Everyone has their own likes/dislikes.

If I ever have something someone wants and I have the ability to give it to them, I most likely would, but I will not bash someone who feels differently than I do.

I honestly don't think it's all that difficult to get your dream villagers if you're willing to spend a few hours time traveling, while watching TV. By looking through a bunch of guides, I've found that when you're down to 8 villagers depending on what personality will show up, you just keep reloading the Nook's Homes fences with a new character until you get a character you want. Sure it takes a long time, but you're spending the same amount of time making bells for buying them on the forums.

I honestly don't think it's all that difficult to get your dream villagers if you're willing to spend a few hours time traveling, while watching TV. By looking through a bunch of guides, I've found that when you're down to 8 villagers depending on what personality will show up, you just keep reloading the Nook's Homes fences with a new character until you get a character you want. Sure it takes a long time, but you're spending the same amount of time making bells for buying them on the forums.

People's files have corrupted. Some people wouldn't want to take a risk like resetting constantly. :/

Wow this thread. I love everyones points and I agree with a lot of them, but I don't agree with the slavery point. This is a game mind you, to enjoy and have fun, not treat it like an auction for villagers, that's wrong. For me, I will never sell my villagers. I will always post them as a giveaway to give someone a villager they love and want :)

Those kind of people don't affect me that much. I just look down upon them. But it would be nicer to give away a villager, it gives so many more people a chance.

Wow. Way to come as NOT a gentleman as your ID says. What gives you the right to look down on peopl just because they want to make some extra gold? Why hold others to your standard? Comparing AC villagers selling to slavery is just about the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. AC is basically a random number generator. Feelings? What feelings? Marshal or Penelope or Diana are just bits of data. You have as much chance as getting Stitches as you do Alli. It's not like there's percentages at play ie: pokemon. Get off your moral high horse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back