VILLAGERS CAN GIVE OTHER VILLAGERS CLOTHES?!?

applesauc3

Sarah from Banana
Bells
Island
Banana
I have a bone to pick with Dotty right now (even though I love her dearly)

Yesterday she (Dotty) asked me to deliver a package to Ellie after they had had a fight
When Ellie open the package it was this awful blue fitness tank. She asked me if she looked good in it and if she should wear it and I very quickly said no and she put it away

Today I am walking past Ellie in my plaza and I see that she IS WEARING THE SHIRT???? It’s awful! I didn’t know that villagers can give other villagers clothes and that they’d wear them :(

That’s why I stopped doing delivery tasks. Happened twice with my villagers but the good thing was the clothes they got didn’t look too bad on them.
It happened once with another two villagers but I never saw her wear that item of clothing so I assumed that they just give it to them
But yeah definitely not doing this again!

found this out not too long ago as well ( ⌯᷄௰⌯᷅ ) tangy wanted me to deliver a package to beau and it ended up being a brown chef's outfit LOL
i mean...its not a terrible choice but i would've liked to know beforehand

The worst part is, there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it. A while ago Tabby got an Instant muscle suit and wore it every. single. day! At least at this point her initial excitement about it seems to have cooled down (it's been months), but whenever I catch her wearing it, I'm going straight to Isabelle.
muscletabby.jpg

muscletabby1.jpg

happened to me when raymond wanted to apoligise to Sprocket by giving him a thing. the thing wasa fitness tank or something, i didn't say it didnt look good on him because it did and it fit his personality, jock. I dont care about the originality and stuff but i know a lot of people will and if i decide on selling/givawaying my sprocket, i know i might not even get a deal...
RIP sprocket and his purple fitness tank or whatever it was called, you will be missed in the void when i decide to move you out.
At least it wasn't the instant muscles suit.

Eugene thought it would be a good idea to give Olivia a green zap suit. Olivia, Queen of Elegance: A green. Zap. Suit.

I've given her a nice coat in her favourite style and colours so hopefully she never wears that bin-bag again.

I had this happen when Pango gifted Kyle a rainbow sweater. It actually looked okay on him, but I was still shocked that this was a possibility! Like, what if she gave him a cheerleading dress lol? So the next time I accidentally accepted a delivery request I decided to open the gift, and “forget” to deliver it.

Turns out I could’ve given Dotty a whiteboard! Urg it would’ve looked awful in her natural themed house 😖

Now I refuse all delivery requests. So far, no villagers have seemed upset by this. And even after I didn’t deliver that second gift, Kyle (the sender) said nothing about it and our friendship level didn’t appear to drop.

I loathed when villagers wore clothing that wasn't their original clothing, so that's why I didn't like to stay outside of my old towns no longer than 5 minutes or more. Thankfully they don't do this no more.
Of course if I get apologetic gifts I accept their request, open the gift and throw it away in the trash. I don't decline it because i'm afraid that if I do the villager that is being gifted will wear the clothing item the next day.

I also forgot to mention that Cashmere wore a sports shirt that I have no idea how she got in the first place. I didn't give her any clothing at all.

I loathed when villagers wore clothing that wasn't their original clothing, so that's why I didn't like to stay outside of my old towns no longer than 5 minutes or more. Thankfully they don't do this no more.
Of course if I get apologetic gifts I accept their request, open the gift and throw it away in the trash. I don't decline it because i'm afraid that if I do the villager that is being gifted will wear the clothing item the next day.
If it’s any consolation to you, I’ve declined many requests by now and it seems like the gift is never delivered unless you make the delivery :) So you should be safe to decline if you don’t want to go through the hassle of tossing the gift every time.

Happened to me too. Boone had me take an apology gift to Raymond, it was the instant muscle suit. He wears it constantly now. It looks weird on him but I'm used to seeing it now.

This is speculation on my part, but if you give them other clothes that fit their preferences, I imagine it will probably cycle out eventually. At least I think that's how it's supposed to work - each villager has a 1 or 2 styles and 1 or 2 clothing colors they prefer. I assume that factors into the RNG when they choose outfits, but I'm not sure. If they have no other clothes, they may still wear it sometimes.

The other day I delivered a gift from Raymond to Bluebear. I usually decline these requests or reset, but I was planning on giving her more clothes anyway, so I thought I'd go ahead and do it this time. It was the pink pineapple aloha shirt, so definitely not too bad, but when she asked if she should wear it, I said no and she agreed but then wore it the next day haha.

This is how my other villagers keep ending up with random clothing, Coach wanted me to give one present to Olivia and Tom wanted to give Moe a gift.
I don't really mind them doing this, but why does it seem like it's always something sporty when my villagers want me to give another one a gift.
Olivia still looks cute though.
Ecm6Jd2UcAAWw-U

If anyone feels bad about denying delivery requests, you should know that not only are the villagers okay with it, they’ll often thank you for encouraging them to do it themselves. I really appreciate that, because I understand the impulse to not say no to your faves! But they are HAPPY to be turned down and will let you know. Way less stressful than dealing with them giving each other rando awful clothes you’ll have to see every day

I have a bone to pick with Dotty right now (even though I love her dearly)

Yesterday she (Dotty) asked me to deliver a package to Ellie after they had had a fight
When Ellie open the package it was this awful blue fitness tank. She asked me if she looked good in it and if she should wear it and I very quickly said no and she put it away

Today I am walking past Ellie in my plaza and I see that she IS WEARING THE SHIRT???? It’s awful! I didn’t know that villagers can give other villagers clothes and that they’d wear them :(

Ellie should give it away soon in time as it’s not a favorite gift of hers, as this is from experience as Patty gave away the energetic sweather I gifted her to one of my side characters...sucks as it looked good on her.

Yup. I was hoping by me telling Mott not to change into his gifted front-tie button-down shirt, that he'd never wear it. All he needs now is a cowboy hat, daisy dukes, and cowboy boots.

Yeah, it sucks. What also sucks is how just about everyone on my island copied Marshall's catchphrase. They are all saying "sulky" and I havent been pinged at all to change any of theirs yet.

They also can make you deliver them furniture. You can open the present before giving it to them to see what it is or you can refuse to do the task. You'll lose some friendship points but it is easy to get them back.

Reneigh asked me to deliver clothes to Bruce. Thankfully, the outfit she gave him looks good. He also doesn’t even wear it a lot. 😅

Back