• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers asking for music?

daiyuflower

Bells
So Marshal asked me for new music today...I've never had a villager do that before. Is that rare? I'm not sure I want to give him new music if I can't easily have him change back to his original music.

I've never been asked, but I send villagers music a lot. Like furniture, you can send them anything and there's a chance they will use/display it. However, in the music case, I don't think they can display the album.

wow, they can do that? i have played for a year and a villager has never asked me for music. then again i've played for a year and have never saw two villagers sitting on the same bench.

I've never ever had a villager ask me for new music before. That's something new :confused:

Last week I had Marshal ask for something to replace his K.K. Space but when I tried to give him another song he wouldn't take it. I have no idea what was up with that...

Doesn't he have a song displayed in his house? He might be asking for a replacement for that, not the song he actually has playing. I remember Graham asked me to replace Bubblegum K.K. once, and he had that song displayed in his house as well. Unfortunately, it completely slipped my mind and I never got around to getting him a replacement, so I can't confirm that was the case...

Oh, he might! It might be one of those crazy cases where the villagers won't take something even though it should've worked.

I have only seen a few with music as decor that may be it, this has never happened to me. Were you walking with music on you in your pockets?

It happened to me once. I thought it was normal until I realized no one else has asked for a music ever since.

Just as an update, Marshal asked me for something to replace K.K. Space again today and he was referring to a copy sitting on a shelf and not to the music being played. Mystery solved... at least for me!

Graham asked me to replace his Bubblegum K.K. song and I was able to give him one of the K.K. songs I had by putting the song in a cassette player I owned and then giving the cassette player to him. I wasn't able to just give him the song without it. He then gave me the Bubblegum K.K. song he was replacing as a thank you gift.

huh, i’ve never had a villager ask for music before,, i didn’t even know that could happen lol

i feel like this mightve happened one with me, but i forgot with which villager. still, this surprises me too because my memory of it happening is foggy lol

That's different and pretty neat. I haven't ever been asked that either - it must be extremely rare!

Back