Villagers asking for music?

daiyuflower

Bells
So Marshal asked me for new music today...I've never had a villager do that before. Is that rare? I'm not sure I want to give him new music if I can't easily have him change back to his original music.

I've never been asked, but I send villagers music a lot. Like furniture, you can send them anything and there's a chance they will use/display it. However, in the music case, I don't think they can display the album.

wow, they can do that? i have played for a year and a villager has never asked me for music. then again i've played for a year and have never saw two villagers sitting on the same bench.

I've never ever had a villager ask me for new music before. That's something new :confused:

Last week I had Marshal ask for something to replace his K.K. Space but when I tried to give him another song he wouldn't take it. I have no idea what was up with that...

Doesn't he have a song displayed in his house? He might be asking for a replacement for that, not the song he actually has playing. I remember Graham asked me to replace Bubblegum K.K. once, and he had that song displayed in his house as well. Unfortunately, it completely slipped my mind and I never got around to getting him a replacement, so I can't confirm that was the case...

Oh, he might! It might be one of those crazy cases where the villagers won't take something even though it should've worked.

I have only seen a few with music as decor that may be it, this has never happened to me. Were you walking with music on you in your pockets?

It happened to me once. I thought it was normal until I realized no one else has asked for a music ever since.

Just as an update, Marshal asked me for something to replace K.K. Space again today and he was referring to a copy sitting on a shelf and not to the music being played. Mystery solved... at least for me!

Graham asked me to replace his Bubblegum K.K. song and I was able to give him one of the K.K. songs I had by putting the song in a cassette player I owned and then giving the cassette player to him. I wasn't able to just give him the song without it. He then gave me the Bubblegum K.K. song he was replacing as a thank you gift.

huh, i’ve never had a villager ask for music before,, i didn’t even know that could happen lol

i feel like this mightve happened one with me, but i forgot with which villager. still, this surprises me too because my memory of it happening is foggy lol

That's different and pretty neat. I haven't ever been asked that either - it must be extremely rare!

Back