Villager you unexpectedly ended up loving?

In New Leaf: I could not stand peppy, uchi, or jock villagers. I didn't have one of any of those personalities so I never really thought I'd want any of them in New Horizons either. Turns out, I was completely wrong. I just needed to find the right ones. I found Audie on a NMT, planning to use her to trade on to obtain other dreamies. I ended up falling in love with her and the peppy personality in New Horizons (I even just brought in my childhood fav, Rosie, as a second peppy); Genji--again, found him on a NMT and took him because he was cute and I was tired of looking--ended up finding him very endearing and adorable even if jocks are still probably my least favorite personality, I have no intentions of getting rid of him (at least until I get his picture).

I ended up loving Ozzie. I found Ozzie on my third mystery island and took him as my lazy. I thought he was cute but didn't think much of him. But now I looooooove him he's adorable and must be protected at all costs!!! He even threw an amazing birthday party for me today, as it is my birthday

another villager: lucy!!
i invited her from my campsite
because she fitted my island’s
theme but had a creepy(?) design
and i thought i’d ignore
her then; she’s an absolute
sweetheart!! she always wears
the outfits i give her and
gives the best presents out of
all my villagers. <3

Goose. When I came out of the airport and saw him and Katt stood there I was honestly tempted to reset. But I didn't want to get stuck in an endless loop of resetting (I literally went with the very first map offered) so I stuck it out. I'm glad I did because he has not only become my favourite villager on my island but also ranks up there with my favourite villagers of all time.

EXKdb8YU4AANAHO

Paula and Flip. Some of their dialogue is just hilarious. Not to mention Paula wont stop wearing that hot dog suit i gave her lol. My new leaf uchi was Shari and didnt think much about her. but Paula she does reps on 30kg barbells and is always grateful for all the gifts i give her like a hot dog suit.

Flip became one of my bffs in the game. he even threw me a birthday party and put in the effort to make cupcakes for me ;_;

Lucha.

He is the most recent example.

I ended up confronted with Lucha, in “New Horizons,” as the Smug I was forced to take at my then-newly built campsite. Meaning, he was the No. 6 (after my two starters, a Jock and an Uchi, and Nos. 3 to 5 covering Normal, Lazy, and Peppy).

I did not want him because, no disrespect, he was not who I had in mind. I wanted to have Marshal once again. (And I do have him. He arrived later.)

I am rethinking parting ways with Lucha. I may do it to possibly go after the sought-after Raymond. But, I am early enough in the game that I don’t want to expend much energy pursuing islanders.

I have Molly. So, I have my favorite female.

I find Lucha, in a way that is similar to Molly, a good-hearted character. He is sincere and respectful.

One thing I have learned is this: A part of the reason a villager/islander, who I did not expect to really like, is because the game is designed to have your human character bond with its animal residents.

If Lucha exits, I will feel his absence.

The one thing I really need to do, for my cast of islanders, is take my 6-to-4 numbers, with males outnumbering females, and even it. So, that means losing a male villager. I have two Cranky males and two Smug males.

And then there is the fact I also want Stitches again.

Ozzie! He was a random move in at the beginning (one of the three open plots, also got flora and coco then lol). And honestly when I first saw him I decided I’d kick him out asap! Barely a day in with him and I was platonically in love! He’s a perfect mix of silly and cute. A perfect friend shaped koala <3

This thread is so gosh darn cute, I have enjoyed reading every single one of these posts! Thank you for the adorable thread idea, OP.

Lucha, Bella and Egbert are all ones that really grew on me. I gave them away but am realizing that I miss them... I definitely want Bella back, and will go hunting for her when I have space in my town again. If Lucha or Egbert showed up at my campsite I would invite them back.

Static is the BIGGEST culprit here, though... I invited him because I thought he was cool looking (and I invited him reluctantly because I was island hopping for Monty at the time, plus purple is my least favorite colour). I noted that he was some people's dreamies so I planned to trade him away. However, having him around and always seeing him singing, interacting with instruments, generally seeing how cute he was and his sweetness...I got so attached that I had to keep him. And now he's my favourite villager... 😂 Totally unintentional. I love him so much though! I'm so happy I invited him to my island!

Sherb. I mean, I'm not really a fan of goat villagers in general, plus it kinds of annoys me why people find him cute lol. Sure, I like his color but that's it. Then one day, I was like "Let me see what the fuss is all about. I will try find him on the campsite" Well, I failed since Judy distracted me lol but later found him on the mystery islands. Didn't see him clearly at first coz he wasn't facing the camera when I arrived and I wasn't all that familiar with goats but then my reaction was like "Yesss omg omg this is Sherb". Since then, I began to like him. He looks kind of dumb, and innocent. That's what I love about him. Also, he makes me appreciate all other goat villagers as well.

Peggy.
I got her from a random amiibo card and decided to invite her just to check her out as I thought she was kinda cute.
I wasn't very familiar with her because the pig villagers aren't very popular or talked about much but I instantly fell in love.
Can't wait to make her my permanent Peppy.

Chester he was one of my first villagers and once i intereacted with him i fell in love he's so cute

Coco! At first I wasn’t too sure about the emotionless face and I really only got her because of that. It’s just so funny. But then that very same face got cuter and cuter. She’s like a lil shy baby and now she’s the one I dress up the most ☺️

Zucker. I’ve never had him in NL because the octopi were so rare those times. I never really considered him as well that time since I had Bob as my lazy. In NH though, he was one of my first villagers and I love him!!!

I have 2 and am stuck between kicking them out for dreamies or keeping them. They are Lyman and Cheri. Lyman was my wing man since day 1 in NH. I always had an idea that I'll be replacing him BUT he's always coming through and it'll be nice to try and keep one of the OG as the island evolve. Cheri was my first pick from island hopping. I didn't have much Nook Miles so I didn't want to continue hunting and simple settle. She's my only peppy personality so it definitely brings an interesting vibe on the island. Sigh...is like trying to pick besties with a max cap of 10...lol

This thread is so gosh darn cute, I have enjoyed reading every single one of these posts! Thank you for the adorable thread idea, OP.

Static is the BIGGEST culprit here, though... I invited him because I thought he was cool looking (and I invited him reluctantly because I was island hopping for Monty at the time, plus purple is my least favorite colour). I noted that he was some people's dreamies so I planned to trade him away. However, having him around and always seeing him singing, interacting with instruments, generally seeing how cute he was and his sweetness...I got so attached that I had to keep him. And now he's my favourite villager... 😂 Totally unintentional. I love him so much though! I'm so happy I invited him to my island!
i'm so glad you're enjoying this thread! i keep smiling too while i'm reading everyone's posts. i love hearing about this!

also that you fell in love with static makes me so happy! he was one of my original villagers on the gamecube and i love him so much.

Back