• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager TT help?? :(

lunachii

Bells
Switch
0046-0281-3834
I got Rudy in my campsite and he agreed to move in. Is it safe to TT to the following day, then plot reset? I'll put the time to 5.55 am, wait for it to be 6 am then start a new file so I can place his house better..

Is that a thing that I can do without anything screwing up? xD help

what i ALWAYS do is set the time to 5:58 am on the day they are set to move in (or could move in), then save and quit immediately. i'll wait a few minutes and then start plot resetting. this has always worked for me.

From past experience, it could take a villager you've invited in from the campsite anywhere from 1-7 days to move in. I suggest you do your method until Rudy moves in, since it's not really certain when he'll plot his house.

I always change the date on my 3ds instead. So I would leave the normal date with my mayor (on the day that I talk to the camping villager), set the 3ds date to 3 days later and start up a new character to plot reset.

Isn't 3 days a little too late? I feel like the villager would already move in

Isn't 3 days a little too late? I feel like the villager would already move in

Nope. Sometimes I do like 5 days just to make sure there's a plot. But if you're more comfortable you can do a day at a time. If you adjust the in game clock using the mayor you can only go 1 day ahead, whereas using system settings you can go day by day without booting up the mayor/saving.

I TTd to the day after, plot reseted but the reserved house spot is not anywhere in town? Do I have to go to next day then?

I TTd to the day after, plot reseted but the reserved house spot is not anywhere in town? Do I have to go to next day then?

Yeah just keep going. That's why I always overshoot it because it can be anywhere from about 1-5 days. As long as you don't open the game with an existing character there's no problem.

Back