villager species favourites?

I'm biased towards liking lion and tiger villagers, but I always really love getting a duck villager. And I wanna say that I also like frogs as a whole, but I just really love a couple villagers (Jambette, Raddle, and Ribbot) and are kinda neutral to the rest.

And then I think my least favorite species of villagers may be monkeys. There's no species I absolutely despise as a whole, but the only monkey villager I really like in terms of design is Champ, and he isn't even in New Leaf...

there's not a single villager species that i like the most.
because i like that specific villager of a species.
and not the entire species of it self.

i do however don't like a certain ( few ) species.
- mice
- gorilla
- bears
- bear cubs
( i really don't like these )

there are a few villager here and there, that are these species, but i only like those specific villagers )

my favourites are wolves, big cats, deer and sheep! least favourite are probably mice or frogs.

Love the most: Wolves. Alligators, Birds and Cats are a close second, though.

Hate the most: Mice, Frogs and Gorillas. In all my situations with these species, they've all been very negative. Ruining paths pre-Welcome Amiibo, the designs, etc...

My top 5:

1. OSTRICH ( i did a themed town only for them <3 )
2. deer
3. squirrel
4. sheep
5. cat/wolves

i dislike:
frog, horse, kangaroo, bull/cow, goat, mouse, gorilla and ateater
(i really dislike so many animals oO )

Last edited:
I like tigers and squirrels the most probably. The ducks, frogs, and lions are my least favorites.

My favorite species are probably Squirrels and Cubs. I also really like Eagles and Octopi. I like the model for the Sheep villagers as well despite the fact there aren't many individual Sheep I like.

I dislike the Mice (except for Chadder and a few others). Unpopular opinion, but I also dislike the Rabbits. There models aren't bad, and there a few good ones, but a lot of their designs are creepy and off-putting. My least favorite villager ever, Gabi, is also a Rabbit, so they don't have that going for them.

The rabbits are probably my favourite. Squirrels, cats and dogs are runners up.
I would say for least favourite, probably monkeys. I don't know, none of them appeal to me.

This is a hard question. If I think about it, too many adorable species come to my mind! If I have to choose I would probably say squirrels. Followed by dog and cats. But if I think a bit better I would probably mention more... or even change my mind! Haha

Deer, cubs, cats, and birds are all in my favourites. Maybe Rabbits too.

Last edited:
I think my faves are penguins, I have Roald and Gwen (I did have Aurora but she moved :( )

I also love the hamsters and squirrels! basically any short & round animals haha

I don't like the chickens/geese or gorillas... the one's that are really tall and cumbersome ha!

I LOVE the hippo villagers! I know people tend to like more of the forest-y and domesticated animal species compared to the ?safari? animal species but I just find most of the safari animal villagers to be so charming. Though I do have to say, my least favorite species is probably the koalas. None of them really catch my eye enough and stand out to me.

Last edited:
My favourite is wolves. Don't really have a least favourite since I usually like a couple of villagers from each species

I lovvee the sheep in animal crossing and i hope more come into the next game!

I really hate gorillas except for hans.

Back