• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

villager species favourites?

I'm biased towards liking lion and tiger villagers, but I always really love getting a duck villager. And I wanna say that I also like frogs as a whole, but I just really love a couple villagers (Jambette, Raddle, and Ribbot) and are kinda neutral to the rest.

And then I think my least favorite species of villagers may be monkeys. There's no species I absolutely despise as a whole, but the only monkey villager I really like in terms of design is Champ, and he isn't even in New Leaf...

there's not a single villager species that i like the most.
because i like that specific villager of a species.
and not the entire species of it self.

i do however don't like a certain ( few ) species.
- mice
- gorilla
- bears
- bear cubs
( i really don't like these )

there are a few villager here and there, that are these species, but i only like those specific villagers )

my favourites are wolves, big cats, deer and sheep! least favourite are probably mice or frogs.

Love the most: Wolves. Alligators, Birds and Cats are a close second, though.

Hate the most: Mice, Frogs and Gorillas. In all my situations with these species, they've all been very negative. Ruining paths pre-Welcome Amiibo, the designs, etc...

My top 5:

1. OSTRICH ( i did a themed town only for them <3 )
2. deer
3. squirrel
4. sheep
5. cat/wolves

i dislike:
frog, horse, kangaroo, bull/cow, goat, mouse, gorilla and ateater
(i really dislike so many animals oO )

Last edited:
I like tigers and squirrels the most probably. The ducks, frogs, and lions are my least favorites.

My favorite species are probably Squirrels and Cubs. I also really like Eagles and Octopi. I like the model for the Sheep villagers as well despite the fact there aren't many individual Sheep I like.

I dislike the Mice (except for Chadder and a few others). Unpopular opinion, but I also dislike the Rabbits. There models aren't bad, and there a few good ones, but a lot of their designs are creepy and off-putting. My least favorite villager ever, Gabi, is also a Rabbit, so they don't have that going for them.

The rabbits are probably my favourite. Squirrels, cats and dogs are runners up.
I would say for least favourite, probably monkeys. I don't know, none of them appeal to me.

I love the octopus villagers, even though there's only 3 of them. The rabbits are also really cute

This is a hard question. If I think about it, too many adorable species come to my mind! If I have to choose I would probably say squirrels. Followed by dog and cats. But if I think a bit better I would probably mention more... or even change my mind! Haha

Deer, cubs, cats, and birds are all in my favourites. Maybe Rabbits too.

Last edited:
I think my faves are penguins, I have Roald and Gwen (I did have Aurora but she moved :( )

I also love the hamsters and squirrels! basically any short & round animals haha

I don't like the chickens/geese or gorillas... the one's that are really tall and cumbersome ha!

I LOVE the hippo villagers! I know people tend to like more of the forest-y and domesticated animal species compared to the ?safari? animal species but I just find most of the safari animal villagers to be so charming. Though I do have to say, my least favorite species is probably the koalas. None of them really catch my eye enough and stand out to me.

Last edited:
My favourite is wolves. Don't really have a least favourite since I usually like a couple of villagers from each species

I lovvee the sheep in animal crossing and i hope more come into the next game!

I really hate gorillas except for hans.

Back