• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Villager Reset Trick Question - please help!

icyii

Squirrel fan
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
So Whitney the snooty wolf just moved out and I have 8 villagers. I'm trying the villager reset trick to look for Ankha and Marshal. But I've just realized something - because Whitney was snooty, does this mean I won't have snooty villagers move in? I also don't have any snooty villagers at the moment.

I had Eloise the snooty elephant in my campsite, so I'm not sure if I can get snooty villagers or not.

Also, I haven't gotten a single smug. Might it be because I just had a smug villager move in?

Please help! I would really appreciate it!

I believe your 8th will be a type you are missing; so if you have no snooties you should get them.

Well, I think it the game that decides whether you should get Snooty or Smug, I personally have 8 villagers at the moment and using the reset trick. I am missing uchi, Jock and Smug, at the moment got 4 Uchi... So yeah,..

It seems more likely that random villagers have a personality you're missing. I used the reset trick when Rodney left and all three random new villagers were smug. Same with Genji when Bam moved away.

Thanks for the responses guys!

I read somewhere that if a snooty just moved away you won't be getting a snooty via the reset trick :( I really hope that's not true because I really want Ankha as well!

Good luck to all of us!! :)

Just read Manah's post. Whitney just moved but the only snooty I've gotten so far is Eloise in the campsite :( Most were cranky or lazy which is weird.

Last edited:
Oh actually I've got Quillson now, so I think you would get 50/50 chances of getting Smug or Snooty during your reset

I haven't gotten a single smug :| haha this is weird. driving me nuts! ahhh two crankies - one moving in and one in the campsite. wassup with this, I already have a cranky!

That is weird >~<
Just got Ed, beardo and ugly Smug hamster for now...

Last edited:
i think it's random, unfortunately. :( i needed a smug and uchi when i started & the game gave me three more jocks. while i was pretty happy because i love the personality types, the game doesn't really give you who you're missing.

Back