• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager Appearance "What If's" (Incl. Minor Visual Edits That Could Be Very Weird)

TN4U

Lone Wolf of the Starfields
Bells
Island
Wahu
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Green Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
I thought of something interesting. Not sure if there's a topic like this already, but I really wanted to find out certain "what if" things about villagers when it comes to their visual appearance. My two main questions are simply put - What would a cut character in the older games look like in New Horizons? Or, if you were to make a small photoshop edit on an existing New Horizons villager's appearance (other than default shirt), what would it look like, and would that edit throw off the villager's entire appearance? Examples being:
  • A cut GameCube character, like Tarou, appearing in HD form as if he actually returned in New Horizons
  • Buck the jock horse without his thick eyebrows (I think you can find a rough edit of that somewhere in themysterybidder's New Horizons appreciation thread)
  • Scoot the jock duck without his trademark swim cap
  • Inverting Fauna the normal deer's eye colors
  • Coco the "normal" rabbit with eyes and functioning mouth (any edit of her would be even weirder than normal IMO)
  • Etc.
I would normally give a visual example, but I can't draw for the life of me. Instead, I'll just describe through text - Purrl's pupils usually always look up except for certain reactions and when looking at you whilst moving. What if they were always centered, and her lashes were on top of her eyes? Would it look better, or would that small edit make her look incredibly weird?

—Clean-shaven Beardo
—Lucky without bandages
—Cherry in anything but goth clothing
—Stitches with normal eyes (kind of like the thing with Coco)
—If Penelope’s bow ears were just regular ears
—Rizzo without his hat and chin-strap
—Any of the villagers who default wear glasses
—Snooty villagers without makeup,
(Not saying they need these things, but that they’d look weird like this.)

Last edited:
Back