Video Game Music

Tyler

Retired Staff
Bells
Cake
I've been wanting to write something small like this for a while now so here we go._________________________________________________Myself personally, I'm very compassionate about video game music. It's usually what can make or break a game. It decides the mood, the tone, and just about everything. Imagine sitting there playing a game without sound. How would you get freaked out when the chainsaw guy came out from Resident Evil, or not being able to hear the tropical music in the background of Super Mario Sunshine, and even not being able to hear anything when Zelda came onto the screen. Let's just face it, a game depends on the music.

Music is what makes our world, and video games are a part of our culture. Without music in general, life would be dull, and that's a fact of life. If life had music and videos games didn't would you be okay?; I for sure wouldn't. Thinking about it I'm sure nobody would be okay with that. I mean over the history of video games, the music has evolved. From the old Super Mario Bros. theme to the a more recent one, Twilight Princess, you can obviously tell the difference.

There's one slight problem though; not many people appereciate video game music as it should be. Even some people get made fun of just becuase they have video game music on their mp3 player. Video game music is REAL life music. A person took the time to write it and that's what it is even if it doesn't have lyrics. (It may, but people don't know it, IE Super Mario Bros song) Some people need to get that through their head.

Finally, the last thing I'm going to bring up are Video Game remixes. My favorite part. Remixes are the gamers' interpretation of what the music should sound like, or just changing it a bit. I mean it really does a lot, and remixes (along with originals) could even make me tear up a bit. (Yea I have a soft side) The thing is though remixing is actually smiled apon, as look at all the sites dedicated to remixes; ZREO, Overclocked Remixs, and more. It really is something._________________________________________________I got to go now, I'll expand on the article later. Discuss you're thoughts for now I suppose.

:D

LOL LOOK AT DAT L0SER, VIDEOGAEM MUSIC IS 4 NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS.

JJRamone2 said:
LOL LOOK AT DAT L0SER, VIDEOGAEM MUSIC IS 4 NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS.
Says the guy that would make love to the Bioshock music if he could.

Music in video games is important IMO too

Pokemon music... *shiver* so... repetitive...

but some games have good music, like Xenosaga, if any of you have played it before

Music can make or break a game. Honestly I have some on my ipod

:p

One of the reasons I undyingly love Chrono Trigger is the masterfully composed music in it.

Chrono Cross also has a surprisingly good soundtrack.....

I have music from RE 4 in case scary stuff is ever needed for a haunted house, and recently downloaded some of the music from Bioshock to my comp.

Cool thing for me s that I actually has a friend who wants to make music for games. I should ask how that has been going for him. Never came up when I saw him over the summer

:p

One of the (very many) reasons I like Fire Emblem is the soundtrack. Honestly, I would like FE a lot less if it weren't for many melodic and orchestral (epic to the max) songs in the game. It's music that can be listened to alone, not just as background music.

Music in games like Metroid, however... meh. It's just aural and doesn't sound well on its own. It's just... ambient. That's another kind of "videogame music", but I think video game music isn't appreciated specifically because of ambient Metroidesque music.

Bulerias said:
Music in games like Metroid, however... meh. It's just aural and doesn't sound well on its own. It's just... ambient. That's another kind of "videogame music", but I think video game music isn't appreciated specifically because of ambient Metroidesque music.
Some ambient music is good though. I have the Space Mountain Loading Dock song from WDW on my iPod, and I listen to it all the time... But that's Disney, not Video Games... :r

I like video game music. I have some on my Zune. Like 1 hours worth barely though. It should be appreciated more. How could you stand playing a video game with just sound effects?

I have about 3 hours of Katamari music on my iPod.
Seriously, when it comes to music production, that game takes the cake.

And I has Pokemon music... >>

I don't have any on my Mp3 player, but as I'm cleaning my room, I've found 2 Pokemon CDs. One with songs from the tv series, and the other from the first movie. Also, I know I have some Donkey Konga songs somewhere.

dragonflamez said:
I have about 3 hours of Katamari music on my iPod.
Seriously, when it comes to music production, that game takes the cake.

And I has Pokemon music... >>
Dude, do you have the song called Katamaritaino, with the Japanese singer? AWESOME song. <3

Back