• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Update speculation!

McRibbie

Bells
Switch
2859-0811-5885
I thought it'd be a good idea to come up with ideas for what potentially could be added into the game with updates at some point, whenever that happens.

I'm going off of what's apparently got resources, hints and bits of text in the game at this point, as well as stuff where I'm just like "screw it, this'd be nice for the game, gib me"

Confirmed to be added in
- Zipper, Jack, Franklin, Jingle and Pavè: this was in the Nintendo Direct, it's happening.
- Other NPCs in Photopia: ditto.

Very likely to be added in
- Museum shop, gyroids, paintings and The Roost, and subsequently Redd and Brewster: there's strings of text in the game's files that dataminers have found that indicates there's door data for these things, which is also implied by the fact there's a random upstairs to the museum that goes nowhere
- Something to do with Kapp'n: there's a random dock on the island. I doubt this isn't just for dropping bait into the sea, something's going on here. Could this be Tortimer Island, or better, perhaps even the mainland, with some kind of city (which could have been implied by Animal City being a "you messed up" song in NL, same as K.K. Island being a "you messed up" song in LGTTC)
- Swimming: Loulou Crossing mentioned something about the swimming animation being in the game, I think this is linked to the mysterious dock again... might be a summer update, idk?
- More furniture, specifically Nintendo furniture: Yeah, I think this is very likely. Might also be linked to Redd's return.

Possibly likely to be added in
- Police Station/Morning Aerobics: come on, there's animations for aerobics in game, and the TVs use a new remix of the morning aerobics theme, and the Switch is the first Nintendo console with an Animal Crossing game since the GameCube to come with two joysticks... it could come as a summer update at some point?
- Leif: There's models for bushes in the game, there's different styles of trees in Pocket Camp, maybe you could even get the bushes from the GameCube version again?

Unlikely but basically just me going GIVE IT TO ME NINTENDO
- More K.K. Slider songs: I'm largely asking for this so I can get the version of the Wild World theme in this game, not in the next one.
- Rescue Center: So we can actually physically see Resetti in this game.
- More villager spaces: GIVE ME 15 OR GIVE ME DEATH

omg the morning aerobics............ PLEASE COME BACK considering how cute the villagers are with their actions just IMAGINE

and yes kapp'n has to come back. we're on an island and he's got nothing to do with the game yet? doesn't make sense. i can't wait for the swimming feature too.

gyroids are fun and all, but i actually hate them after a few months of playing. whew, the amount of clean up to do. no thanks.

Last edited:
I do hope what you say in the "likely" section will come to be :) I didn't know all these stuff from data miners, thanks for sharing!

As far as Leif is concerned, they won't necessarily add him back, they could just add the bushes in the shop... but who knows. I personnally love all the special NPCs, the more they are the merrier !

Yeah I also think that swimming is a summer update and I really hope for more upgrades for the nook shop than 1 :p I hope they will add it soon because I can imagine that many players will get the upgrade soon naturally.

If these were all the stores we are getting they wouldn’t have it so easily attainable. This is just phase one.

I reaaaaally hope deep sea diving will make a return! It was my favorite activity in NL and it would fit the island theme perfectly. There could be an update with Nat showing up in the research area in the museum, and he'll want to find out more about the creatures existing on the island and give you a wetsuit to help him.
That would be my guess right now.

I also hope the little minigames (Tortimer's Island Tours) will make a return in someway. I hope to find a way to play with others without having to invite them over to my island or go to theirs. Just random strangers playing a game together was always fun for me. And again this would totally fit the island theme going on.

I definitely agree with you about Island Tours. Theres no point for that dock to be there and its even marked on our map. Plus all exotic fruit aside from coconut is mysteriously missing. Theres gotta be a summer update.

I reaaaaally hope deep sea diving will make a return! It was my favorite activity in NL and it would fit the island theme perfectly.

I completely agree ! Since this game is all about island living I totally expected deep sea diving to be within it. It's common sense, right ?

I'm gonna bump my own thread, because I'VE GOT SOME NEW SPECULATION!
(also hey, where did the other thread go? did it get lost in the transition to the new forum? pretty sure i'm just reposting stuff from there in here but there's some genuinely new stuff, shh)
  • With Leif coming back to do an Earth Day event (which we don't actually know that much about yet, given it should theoretically be turning up next week if it's anything like Bunny Day) I think older NPCs could theoretically turn up to do events, like Rover for Explorer's Day or Resetti for Groundhog Day, if they're not given anything else to do in the game at this point in time, unless these are the events that add the Photopia models in (I'm also unsure if they're going to update the poster art for the NPCs given how they mostly utilise their amiibo card renders)
  • Japan has its own equivalent of Earth Day on May 5th, so hopefully the event will be then for Japanese players because... honestly unsure how regional differences are handled in this game at the moment (given how it's basically the same game for all regions and it just depends on your region settings/language) (also GIVE ME THE WORD BELLPOINT BACK, TF IS AN ABD)
  • At this point, I'm thinking an update's going to come out once a month? (glitch fixes aside)
  • I'm also thinking Nintendo furniture's going to be added in for the 35th anniversary of Mario in September, and there's going to be Animal Crossing related furniture (potentially specifically N64/GameCube related stuff) added in for the 20th anniversary of the franchise next April.

I thought it'd be a good idea to come up with ideas for what potentially could be added into the game with updates at some point, whenever that happens.

I'm going off of what's apparently got resources, hints and bits of text in the game at this point, as well as stuff where I'm just like "screw it, this'd be nice for the game, gib me"

Confirmed to be added in
- Zipper, Jack, Franklin, Jingle and Pavè: this was in the Nintendo Direct, it's happening.

- Museum shop, gyroids, paintings and The Roost, and subsequently Redd and Brewster: there's strings of text in the game's files that dataminers have found that indicates there's door data for these things, which is also implied by the fact there's a random upstairs to the museum that goes nowhere
- Something to do with Kapp'n: there's a random dock on the island. I doubt this isn't just for dropping bait into the sea, something's going on here. Could this be Tortimer Island, or better, perhaps even the mainland, with some kind of city (which could have been implied by Animal City being a "you messed up" song in NL, same as K.K. Island being a "you messed up" song in LGTTC)
- Swimming: Loulou Crossing mentioned something about the swimming animation being in the game, I think this is linked to the mysterious dock again... might be a summer update, idk?
- More furniture, specifically Nintendo furniture: Yeah, I think this is very likely. Might also be linked to Redd's return.

- Police Station/Morning Aerobics: come on, there's animations for aerobics in game, and the TVs use a new remix of the morning aerobics theme, and the Switch is the first Nintendo console with an Animal Crossing game since the GameCube to come with two joysticks... it could come as a summer update at some point?
- Leif: There's models for bushes in the game, there's different styles of trees in Pocket Camp, maybe you could even get the bushes from the GameCube version again?

- More K.K. Slider songs: I'm largely asking for this so I can get the version of the Wild World theme in this game, not in the next one.

These all seem pretty on point. I agree on all of the points you've made (and look forward to them, if they were to happen).

Hi!

Once again I'm bumping this, because as it's the 12th ZIPPER IS GOING TO FINALLY BE GONE TOMORROW!

Which means sometime in the next week and a half we're going to get the new update.

What do you hope's going to turn up this time around?

Personally:
  • the museum's art, coffee and gyroid expansion
  • Redd, potentially with new furniture as well, so he's no longer JUST an art dealer
  • we know Leif's coming but I'm hoping he'll start dropping by with bushes and rare trees once a week
  • another Nook shop upgrade
This should tide us over until mid-late May, when we should hopefully get the next update (no idea what that'd be, tho)

Confirmed to be added in

I want all this stuff but I wish we also had more amenities to add throughout -
Like I want to build actual cafes/shops, etc. - not just use extra players for that purpose.

Also, I'm really hoping they'd increase the villager limit especially with the way move-outs work now (basically no one can move out unless they inform you). That would be the dream as I have so many more I want on my island.

• Redd, potentially with new furniture as well, so he's no longer JUST an art dealer

If this happens, I can definitely see the Rococo series (my favorite series) coming back because it's one of the more expensive/elegant sets and Redd is kinda known for selling really expensive stuff. It would be a shame if they didn't.

(also GIVE ME THE WORD BELLPOINT BACK, TF IS AN ABD)
I honestly can’t tell if you’re joking or not, but abd is the equivalent of an atm (so instead of an automatic teller machine -ATM-, it’s an automatic bell dispenser -ABD-)

I honestly can’t tell if you’re joking or not, but abd is the equivalent of an atm (so instead of an automatic teller machine -ATM-, it’s an automatic bell dispenser -ABD-)
I know what it is, they make the joke in the game... it's just weird the EU English version doesn't call it a bellpoint now (as a play on cashpoint, which is what ATMs are referred as in England)

Back