• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Unpopular Animal Crossing opinions?

A lot of people give flak to characters with lips but they just haven’t seen a villager that has lips that complements their look or looks natural. May I present Alice, my favourite koala, even over the popular Melba.

maxresdefault.jpg

look at this baby!!! :love: she reminds me of a shojo character and has such a soft look about her. Plus hair clips. i think I just wanted to gush about Alice because I think she’s adorable, ever since I saw her I knew I wanted her to move in. I also think Drago and Tiffany have nice lip designs, but a lot of snooty villagers and Jambette gave it such a bad look when I played as a kid haha
I loooove having alice on my island and I'm soo gonna give her that flower dress now

I think I prefer her look over most 'lipstick' islanders though, cause usually the others tend to have an entire caked up face as well. Sometimes those make up looks totally mismatch the rest of the villagers' color palette too

I know this is not unpopular but I dislike new horizons. I would give it a 4/10 from an AC standpoint before 2.0 and now a 6/10 from an AC standpoint. I know overall from a never played a game just brand new standpoint its a 9 but it was not good to me. Just I dont know NH desnt feel like AC and all the charm is gone. Everything is really not good. I will say that New Leaf is and will always be my favorite AC but literally the villager text in NL wasnt as good as WW or to an extent CF. I thought the next AC would bring back good dialogue but only mean dialogue when YOU are mean. I literally am insane and wrote a 4 page word document about it back in August 2020. FYI I NEVER TIMETRAVEL I played the game at MOST 2 hours a day because of my parents timelimit for normal games and more. I just feel like NH is baddd. but Everyone loves it and its fine if you love it!! Its just not my kind of game. I know that when I go on any other website thats not BellTree people will literally VERBALLY HARRASS ME and treat me like TRASH if I say one bad thing about NH. You can love ACNH though please dont take my word for it new fans!!! Love it if you do you :) I just dont likey. But 2.0 is amazing! It helped alot though! People tell me I is ungrateful and it takes alot of effort to make AC games and Im like yessssss trueee. but then like. You know you get the point i will stop before this turns into another paged essay 🤣 Sorry everyone!!

-nook miles were great at first, but over time its became an annoying feature to not only unlock certain things and pretty much ruined the economy in a slight way for ac. nmts were just annoying to get your hands on in my opinion, not to mention most of the time the thing youd want to buy would be 50+ which is too expensive in my opinion.
-the graphics for nh are bad and too modern for it to really feel like animal crossing, not to mention just how realistic some of the fish and insects look compared to the cartoony style of the game.
-isabelle is cute and all, but she belongs in new leaf.
-i love the roost, but he wasn't needed to save nh. i would have missed him if he wasn't added for sure, but if he was all we got i would have been disappointed.
-cranky villagers are the best villager type.
-acnh music all sounds exactly the same. i hate the ost.
-the middle-ground villagers (idk how else to refer them, basically not entirely hated but not at all popular villagers) are the best. For example Puddles, Eloise, Mac, Wolfgang, and Cheri are some of my favorites.
-not entirely sure if its unpopular, but i really want to get bullied like in older titles. give the villagers some personality. i want to be called poor and ugly.
-nh is just acnl part 2: island edition
-'the path' is ugly.
-furniture outside seemed great, but that just left me more stressed about how to make it look nice. same with terraforming.

-nook miles were great at first, but over time its became an annoying feature to not only unlock certain things and pretty much ruined the economy in a slight way for ac. nmts were just annoying to get your hands on in my opinion, not to mention most of the time the thing youd want to buy would be 50+ which is too expensive in my opinion.
-the graphics for nh are bad and too modern for it to really feel like animal crossing, not to mention just how realistic some of the fish and insects look compared to the cartoony style of the game.
-isabelle is cute and all, but she belongs in new leaf.
-i love the roost, but he wasn't needed to save nh. i would have missed him if he wasn't added for sure, but if he was all we got i would have been disappointed.
-cranky villagers are the best villager type.
-acnh music all sounds exactly the same. i hate the ost.
-the middle-ground villagers (idk how else to refer them, basically not entirely hated but not at all popular villagers) are the best. For example Puddles, Eloise, Mac, Wolfgang, and Cheri are some of my favorites.
-not entirely sure if its unpopular, but i really want to get bullied like in older titles. give the villagers some personality. i want to be called poor and ugly.
-nh is just acnl part 2: island edition
-'the path' is ugly.
-furniture outside seemed great, but that just left me more stressed about how to make it look nice. same with terraforming.
I agree with everything but the NH is NL part 2. Like UGH Isabelle was the BEST in NL and she isnt as good in NH and in all honesty even though she is one of my favorites I think they just put her in for people like me, I LOVE HER. I just wish she had more purpose like in NL but that purpose should go to tom nook because his island package. Also I hoped so much when they released the AC mario kart track on the wii U that the next ac would be 3d and look like that, it was perfect! But then NH came out kinda plasticy. It still looks nice though! <3

Hi, I’m back with some more Spicy Hot Takes:
  • I’ve never read a fan concept for an AC game that wasn’t either “a boringly conservative take on the franchise that ultimately just mashes up parts of other AC games together, calling it a day and doing nothing else with it” or “an over-complex mess that turns AC into a generic life sim, also it’s now in a city or you’re running a farm”. The worst are somehow BOTH. I’m including my own ideas for new games in this, given mine are just “make DnMe+ again!”
  • The worst part of the NL/NH art style is the water, especially in NL where all of the water uses the same basic texture (with some waves added on for the sea). In general I prefer the new art style, but the water of the GC-LGTTC one’s still the best imo
  • A large portion of AC criticism sounds the exact same. It’s just a bunch of buzzwords, as opposed to going “this sucks, here’s an in-depth look as to why” Nothing’s going to get better if you just keep trotting out the same clichés, my dudes.
  • In terms of mainline AC themes, NL’s is the worst? It’s just a bit too plodding for my liking. I like the percussion used and the steel pans, as well as the bridge part, but the main part of the theme’s boring and unmemorable and it just ends up coming across as a less punchy version of the GC game’s theme. However, compared to the themes for HHD and Pocket Camp, it’s at least faintly interesting and rearranges fairly well (off the top of my head 8am and 9am are better versions of the same tune), and it’s not “the most generic idea of what an AC theme should be”
  • Sometimes, for all people clamour about mean villagers like it’s their only personality trait in that game, GC’s villagers can end up talking about things in a less interesting way than how later games would have done it. Last time I played it, one of the animals in my village talked about watching a movie… but in later games, even as early as WW, they’d have made up a funny fictional movie title and a description, not just said “a movie”.
  • The rolling log only really worked in WW, where the sky was on the top screen. Panning up to see the sky just feels kinda awkward still, even just over 13 years after LGTTC.
  • At the same time, I think AC going full open-world, 360 degree camera just sounds wrong for Animal Crossing. I’d like to be proven wrong on that one, tho!
  • The original game isn’t called “Population Growing”, it’s called Animal Crossing. Just say “the original” or “the GameCube game”, for crying out loud! I bet you call films or games that weren’t designed with sequels in mind “X 1”, don’t you?

Back