• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Unova Remakes?

Do you want Unova remade?

• Total voters

Snek

Time To Party 🎉
Bells
Switch
0744-8044-4420
Tasty Cake
Chinese Dragon Head
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Tasty Cake
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
How badly do you want an Unova remake?

Considering how unremarkable Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl were, do you trust ILCA or GameFreak to remake the Generation 5 games?

Share your thoughts in the comments

I'll admit - I'm not interested in anymore remakes, period. I'm bored of replaying games I've already completed before, just with different graphics.

Kanto and Johto remakes made the most sense, as these were the only ones which we couldn't trade from into the modern games (until the VC versions). Hoenn remake made a little bit of sense, since transferring those from the GBA requires a lot more effort, what with the cables and all. Sinnoh wasn't all that necessary, although at worst, it's incompatible with Transporter or Bank. From Unova onwards, it's super easy to transfer them to modern games.

I'd prefer a new game, maybe set in Unova, rather than another remake.

Would a Black3 White3 interest you? Or would a Legends Unova? A lot of people are floating around the Legends idea with the Original Dragon and all.

I agree. Let’s Go Johto needs to come. And with better character customization than Let’s Go Pikachu/Let’s Go Eevee. I’m ready for some shiny Hoppip hunting.
Yes, I love the character customization. In my personal opinion, the Johto games already had the best looking default trainer designs, but being able to travel Johto with a character that resembles me sounds intriguing. I value character customization so much in games like this.

I'll admit - I'm not interested in anymore remakes, period. I'm bored of replaying games I've already completed before, just with different graphics.

Kanto and Johto remakes made the most sense, as these were the only ones which we couldn't trade from into the modern games (until the VC versions). Hoenn remake made a little bit of sense, since transferring those from the GBA requires a lot more effort, what with the cables and all. Sinnoh wasn't all that necessary, although at worst, it's incompatible with Transporter or Bank. From Unova onwards, it's super easy to transfer them to modern games.

I think remakes of older Pokémon games (or any game) have lived past their course. Although I’m interested into a Let’s Go Johto game, the franchise doesn’t need another remake, especially a fourth Kanto remake. But if they do make a Unova remake, that will definitely be the last Pokémon remake. The reason, people have thought the series was going downhill starting with X/Y. There’s no way people would ask for an X/Y remake, Sun/Moon remake, or Sword/Shield remake, not like how they did these games. People were already cynical about BDSP.

Oooh its pretty evenly divided. Interesting.

There’s no way people would ask for an X/Y remake

I disagree. There are lots of people, myself included, that would like a proper remake of X/Y. This is partly because Gen 6 (X&Y) never had a third version or sequel because TPCi had the 20th anniversary on their minds and put the "Z" content (Zygarde cell hunt, for example) in the Gen 7 games. Also, many are interested about the Kalos War and AZ and want a Legends Kalos or something of that extent. A remade Kalos would also give us more Megas, probably one of the only gen gimmicks that the majority of players like.

Last edited:
Oooh its pretty evenly divided. Interesting.

I disagree. There are lots of people, myself included, that would like a proper remake of X/Y. This is partly because Gen y never had a third version or sequel because TPCi had the 20th anniversary on their minds and put the "Z" content (Zygarde cell hunt, for example) in the Gen 7 games. Also, many are interested about the Kalos War and AZ and want a Legends Kalos or something of that extent. A remade Kalos would also give us more Megas, probably one of the only gen gimmicks that the majority of players like.
Oops, sorry for my lack of knowledge. Maybe if they do an X/Y remake, they could do a better job than the 3DS version.

At what point do you think they’ll stop asking for remakes?

not to go off topic further, but concerning Let's Go! Johto remakes, I probably wouldn't be interested if it only included Gen 1 and 2 pokemon. I thought Let's Go Eevee was fine, but the fact that it only contained Gen 1 pokemon made it a lot more unappealing to me. I might be alone in that sentiment, though, I don't know.

anyways, no, I don't want Gen 5 remakes. they butchered Diamond and Pearl so badly, and I'm honestly losing hope for the Pokemon franchise as a whole if it keeps going the way it is (honestly, though, could just be a case of me somewhat losing interest in Pokemon, but I can't say for sure). If they somehow managed to recreate BW/B2W2 in the same vain as ORAS then that would be awesome, but I seriously doubt it. as someone else mentioned already, I think I would prefer a new game set in Unova, whether it be along the lines of the main games or Pokemon Legends.

This may be controversial, but I will pretty much play any Pokémon game if it includes Croconaw as an obtainable Pokémon. I usually make threads asking for a Totodile in the Marketplace paying decent TBT for one.

At what point do you think they’ll stop asking for remakes?
Gen 6 will probably be the last. Gen 7 wasn't as well received so I doubt the Alola games will be remade. They also had proper sequels (Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon) unlike X/Y, and Z moves were also not as popular as Megas. They know Megas were good for marketing the Gen 6 games so that's why I think Gen 6 might be the last. Kalos also has more established history than Alola so they could easily make another Legends style game without any effort.

Gen 6 will probably be the last. Gen 7 wasn't as well received so I doubt the Alola games will be remade. They also had proper sequels (Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon) unlike X/Y, and Z moves were also not as popular as Megas. They know Megas were good for marketing the Gen 6 games so that's why I think Gen 6 might be the last. Kalos also has more established history than Alola so they could easily make another Legends style game without any effort.
I knew it! Even if Gen 6 gets a remake, fans wouldn’t ask for a Gen 7 remake or Gen 8 remake, judging by how they went during their original runs. Whether or not they continue making remakes, there will be a point where fans would stop asking for remakes.

I love Gen 5 in spite of all its shortcomings, but unless they make some enormous changes, and also make Black2/White 2 a part of the base game instead of a separate game, I would have zero interest in purchasing a remake given the current precedence for Pokémon remakes to be shallow and underwhelming, generously speaking. Even if the remakes turn out to be amazing, I'd still be torn about it, but that's more burnout and skepticism towards the current direction of the Pokémon series in general.

I agree with Flicky that a new game set in Unova could be interesting, though. In fact, I think the series could greatly benefit from more frequently revisiting old locations without the game necessarily needing to be a remake.

Okay this is going to be very controversial and I know some people may get triggered by this but I am just going to say it. After BDSP and playing it for the 2nd time recently and not enjoying it, I don't really want to see a Gen 5 remake so soon. Given that Scarlet and Violet came out in a broken mess at launch I am willing to wait for a long while until Game Freak and The Pokemon Company put more time and effect. I am not saying that Gen 5 remake should not happen, I am just saying that Game Freak needs to stop rushing out Pokemon games so soon.

Okay this is going to be very controversial and I know some people may get triggered by this but I am just going to say it. After BDSP and playing it for the 2nd time recently and not enjoying it, I don't really want to see a Gen 5 remake so soon. Given that Scarlet and Violet came out in a broken mess at launch I am willing to wait for a long while until Game Freak and The Pokemon Company put more time and effect. I am not saying that Gen 5 remake should not happen, I am just saying that Game Freak needs to stop rushing out Pokemon games so soon.
It’s not Game Freak’s fault. It’s Nintendo’s and TPC’s fault that they’re rushing the games out. If they gave Game Freak more time, they would release a more stable game.

It’s not Game Freak’s fault. It’s Nintendo’s and TPC’s fault that they’re rushing the games out. If they gave Game Freak more time, they would release a more stable game.
Yeah that is what I meant to say and yeah its mostly the publishers just forcing them to make the games quickly because they care more about the profits than the game being broken.

Hell no. Not in the slightest do I want a Gen 5 remake. May it stay in 2010 where it was and still is at its absolute best. It's so gut-wrenchingly sad and it legit hurts for me to say that because I genuinely, wholeheartedly adore Gen 5 and the Pokemon franchise in general and I want to always be excited for the next new installment, especially a remake, but I just can't....... The modern games make it harder and harder to really get excited anymore.

Look no further than BDSP. It failed as a remake and I honestly feel bad that for many people, it was perhaps their first Gen 4 experience and they probably praise it like it's the best thing ever, people who unfortunately didn't get to play Platinum, the definitive Sinnoh adventure, first. I blame scalpers making it pretty much impossible to buy a copy of the older games.

While I enjoyed SV and while it had charm here and there, a lot of things held it back, besides the obvious hardware bugs, etc. No, I'm talking about things like actual challenging battles and strategy (for a casual playthrough, anyway) the inability to turn off EXP. Share, the Battle Set option no longer being available.....basically things that make it feel like Game Freak wants you to play the game THEIR way and with Pokemon THEY cherry pick from the 1000 mons that currently exist. But hey, Blitzle and Zebstrika are back. That's as close to a Gen 5 remake as I want it to get.

The DLC, starting with SwSh, is just selling you back Pokemon. People are hype for Milotic and Flygon returning. That's literally the most exciting thing about Pokemon now. Paying $30 to use your faves again. TPC and Game Freak knew they could get away with it and that's why we have Dexit.

Here's the short answer: classic pixel sprites are more fun than modern 3D models.

Game Freak isn't some small, powerless developer at the mercy of the much larger publisher. TPC is literally owned by Game Freak, Nintendo, and Creatures, and is responsible primarily for brand management, not the overseeing of development or release of the titles. They are the (comparatively) smaller party here.

Game Freak have just as much responsibility (if not more so) than Nintendo and Creatures do for the current state of Pokémon. They have just as much if not more power than the other two have. It is perfectly fair to blame them. Maybe not the ground level employees working for them (as is typically the case for most major game studios) but certainly the executives and shareholders.

Back