• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Underrated Pokemon

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
With almost 1000 Pokemon out there, it's no wonder when a whole bunch of them probably not getting the same attention as others may get, barely getting noticed by fans, to a point where you can say that they are in fact pretty underrated. So, which Pokemon do you think are underrated and deserve more attention/love?

One Pokemon that comes up in my mind is Gothitelle. It's such a great Pokemon with a beautiful design and all, yet I see barely anyone who likes that Pokemon as much as I do. Not sure if it's because it's a Gen 5 Pokemon and Gen 5 isn't so popular by the fans.

Another Pokemon, which is also coming from Gen 5 and which is pretty underrated is Bisharp. I only know one person from another forum back then who was a huge fan of this Pokemon, and that's it. I never saw anyone else talking about Bisharp, it also got not that many appearances in the anime or did it got lots of merchandise. It's actually such a cool Pokemon and it's a shame how underrated it is.

Other Pokemon where I think they are underrated and deserve more love are Purrloin, Smeargle, Sneasel, Chimecho and Aromatisse (these are just a few I wanted to mention, of course there are more I find underrated but it would takes forever to list them all here).

Last edited:
I like Smeargle, especially in Mystery Dungeon :D

And Aromatisse I like too

I don't know if I like any Pok?mon that I haven't already seen someone else liking though.

let's see... I like
garbodor, raticate, wailord, heliolisk, and bidoof. surely no one else likes them..right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I like Smeargle, especially in Mystery Dungeon :D

And Aromatisse I like too

I don't know if I like any Pok?mon that I haven't already seen someone else liking though.

let's see... I like
garbodor, raticate, wailord, heliolisk, and bidoof. surely no one else likes them..right? :rolleyes:
I like heliolisk because I'm a huge fan of reptiles and amphibians, but it's not 1 of my top favorites.

Last edited:
Dunsparce deserves a lot of positive attention. :blush: I mean, just look at it, it has so many pleasant qualities! A sleepy look. Round. Refreshing colors. Stripes. A drill tail. Fluffy wings.

some of my favorites that i never hear other people talk about are chingling and wormadam! chingling is so adorable i love how they made the slits on a bell into it's mouth!!! and i LOVE wormadams silly pointy nose and eyelashes. my favorite cloak is the plant cloak, i think the trash cloak is pretty good but i'm not too big on the sandy cloak.

Mothim. heck that whole generation of pokemon was underrated. also I love yanmega.

and i LOVE wormadams silly pointy nose and eyelashes. my favorite cloak is the plant cloak, i think the trash cloak is pretty good but i'm not too big on the sandy cloak.
Ahh this reminded me that I like Burmy! The sandy cloak one is my favorite. :D They just hang around, looking at everything with wide eyes.

Stunfisk, probably. I feel like it gets more hate/snubbed than it deserves. It can be actually pretty useful in the 5th gen, especially if you’re doing something non-competitive like a Nuzlocke challenge.

Back