• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Underrated/Overrated Villagers

Mink777

Bells
There are so many "ugliest villager threads" that I'm lucky my brain hasn't exploded yet.

Anyways, what are the most underrated and overrated villagers, also, please to not include any villager in Tier 1 or 2 in underrated and no Tier 4 or 5 for overrated. Thank you!

Overrated-All of Tier 1, Rosie, Phoebe, Muffy, and Genji.

Underated-Every male dog except Lucky, every mouse except a few, and Dizzy.

Would see this...

Overrated: Diana, Julian, Merengue.
Underrated: Molly, Ruby, Mira, Bree, Midge, Walker, Portia, Bruce, Baabara, Rod, Poppy.

Many more, but these are the most prominent to me. :p
(Molly probably is kinda debatable however.)

Last edited:
Overrated: Marshal, Poppy, Diana, Merengue and Julian

Underrated: any squirrel who isn't Marshal or Poppy (Sally is just as sweet and kind like your precious Poppy!), Sheep, Mice etc

#1 on the overrated list, in my opinion, is Julian. I find him really weird looking and to be honest, a little bit creepy! That's probably just me though, lol.

And for my #1 most underrated, I have to say Henry! He's my fav of all time. I've spread my Henry love around on multiple forum posts, so at this rate I'm gonna end up being known as the weird Henry-Lover haha. I would also say Bianca is underrated. She's so darn cute! Come to think of it, all of the tigers are underrated...

Oh, and Anabelle!! I adore her. I didn't even know she existed until she popped up in my last town randomly. I love her coloring and I really like the anteater design in general.

Last edited:
Overrated: Ankha, Lolly (I have her but I still think she's overrated), Lucky and maybe, Beau
Underrated: Margie, Tammy, Fuchsia, Gala, Lily, Peanut

Overrated: Julian and Merengue.

Underrated: Lucky, Erik, Apollo, Prince and many others.

Overrated/underrated... I don't think there's really such a thing. People like and dislike whichever for whatever reason. And who's to say whose opinion should weigh more?

But I'll play along. Because all but Lolly, Deirdre and Chai of my villagers (see signature) are, if not all "bottom of the barrel", in the lowest tiers. And this is puzzling to me, because I think they're all great and none ended up in my town by accident. I specifically wanted them. Elise is one that is often spoken of as ugly and awful. I bought her card, after losing her, so I could get her back.

As for overrated - I don't know why people like Rosie. She's the only tier 1 I don't see the appeal of. In tier 2 there are several that I was surprised were rated this highly, but evidently people like them, and that's fine. I only want to single out Rosie :p

This.

hqdefault.jpg

Is why I think Marshall is overrated.

i think Marshal is overrated however they're all popular for a reason, i've found out a lot of people don't really like Marshal so i don't know why he's tier 1
i think Margie is underrated.

im really surprised more people dont like felicity? she is so cute and she looks like she could be on the cute level marshal is on

also renee, why dont people like her? especially the people that make space or pastel themed towns. her design is very pastel and grungy so whats the deal :D

im really surprised more people dont like felicity? she is so cute and she looks like she could be on the cute level marshal is on

also renee, why dont people like her? especially the people that make space or pastel themed towns. her design is very pastel and grungy so whats the deal :D

oh, i love felicity. merry too, i don't really know why they're disliked so much. i only like those two, tangy, kiki and katt though

Last edited:
I think the koalas are a little underrated. I think they're so cute with their round little bodies, round heads and big ears! Oh, and their little stumpy legs.

Overrated: all of the Sanrio villagers. I don't like them at all. Ankha, Marshal, Merengue.

Underrated: Most of Feldspar! I love Antonio, Vesta, Walt, Benjamin, Willow, Deli, Drift, Anabelle, Spike, Wade, Boone, Pashmina, Roscoe, Katt, Dora, Ribbot, Lionel, Snake......

Back