TYPING IN ALL CAPS

I use all caps to emphasize a word but other than that, I find it obnoxious and annoying to read.

I only do it if I want to emphasize a thing, but otherwise I always think it's equivalent to shouting or means you're angry.

I usuALLY USE CAPS IF IM REALLY excited and trying to show that or I SEE IT AS SHOUTING AND GRR so its really just every loud emotion comInG OuT of me aT OncE THRouGH TeXt

i only do it if im rlly excited abt something, moreso w close friends. and even then its very brief, maybe a few words or an "OMG" or "YES" or "NO" or something.

honestly i just think all-caps are a really bad thing to use when with people you dont know or when posting publicly, like statuses or on forum posts. i find it a bit inconsiderate and rude bc especially as a neurodivergent and person w mild psychosis it can be really troubling to read. it really doe translate in my head as yelling. same w alternative between caps and lowercase, it almost makes my head ache to read it lol. and the longer & less organized, the worse. the chat logs in homestuck would always be a bit difficult to read, haha.

and depending on the context it can be really scary?? esp if its a stranger or creepy man PMing me

Last edited:
YOU CAN BE CHILL AND USE ALL CAPS IM CHILL I SMORK WEED AND LISTEN TO THOSE CHILLHOP STREAMS WITH THE LOOPING ANIME GIFS

i have spent the last 2 months painting one 10cm canvas with a pin. good game.

I DO IT ALMOST ALL THE TIME CAUSE IM SUPER HYPER AND IT GETS THAT POINT ACROSS

BUT IM NEVER ACTUALLY YELLING I JUST LOVE CAPS LOCK <3

STOP SHOUTING I'M NAPPING

I hardly ever type in capitals. It reminds me of my cringey twelvie phase where typing stuff in capitals, like "MWAHAHAHA >:D" for example, was cool. Only if I'm extremely excited or extremely mad I will type in capitals.

Not unless it's by accident, or to convey yelling, or in lieu of bolding for something I consider important.

Back