• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

TV Show suggestions?

Acruoxil

Bells
Blue Rocket Pop
Rainbow Candy
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Clownfish Plush
Winter Mittens
Candy Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cherry (Fruit)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Alright, I've been watching Prison Break the past few days and I was looking for some more similar TV shows, with a huge thriller element and a LOT of illegal stuff, like maybe evading the law. Possibly with a male protagonist. Thank you :)

And yeah no anime, I've been so tired of anime, it's all the same old. Just looking for some realism.

For those who don't have any suggestions, what TV shows have you watched? Anything you plan to watch down the line?

Afraid I don't have any suggestions for you -- I mean, the only show I can possibly think of that includes characters doing illegal stuff is Orange is the New Black, and that's not even a tv show, it's a Netflix series *sigh*

I've watched a fair amount of tv shows, but the one I've been watching lately is The Fosters. I binge-watched the three seasons on Netflix, and watched the couple season 4 episodes that have aired, and I really like the show...it's rather dramatic, but I love it

The only TV series I've ever watched is Game of Thrones which probably isn't what you're looking for but I highly reccomend it LOL

Californication is a great show! Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for but there are drugs, sex, getting in legal trouble, etc etc. The main character, Hank, is a total smartass and is always getting in trouble. XP

Californication is a great show! Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for but there are drugs, sex, getting in legal trouble, etc etc. The main character, Hank, is a total smartass and is always getting in trouble. XP

We know Ayush will like that.

Last edited:
If you like Prison Break, you might like The Wire. It half shows what the cops are doing and half shows the illegal activities the drug dealers are doing. It's an HBO show though.

Dexter - serial killer who works with the police (they don't know he's a serial killer obv)

Probably doesn't fit the exact thing you're looking for, but Person of Interest S1 revolves around them staying a few steps ahead of the law and throughout the show they're constantly dealing with mob bosses.

oh i forgot it had to be a show dealing with illegal stuff hehe
i also would suggest Dexter as another poster said

Last edited:
I've been watching The Killing on Netflix for the past couple of nights. It's gripping! The first episode already got to me.

Breaking Bad! I'm sure you've heard of it, because I mean, who hasn't? It's been rated the number one TV show. x'D But look it up if you haven't, it has an amazing plot (which involves law breaking, etc)!
I also suggest Daredevil. They currently have 2 seasons on Netflix, but they are working on a Season 3.

It's not necessarily in the same vein, but there is definitely a lot of illegal stuff happening in House of Cards! Ha, that's my recommendation :>

I've heard Narcos is good as well but I've not personally watched it. That I am assuming has a lot of law evasion :p

OK THERES NO MALE PROTAGONIST BUT WATCH ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK ITS SO GOOD

its more of a comedy but its kinda like a crime show

Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, Blacklist, Night of, 12 monkeys, Better Call Saul ( watch Breaking Bad 1st dont need to but makes show even better).

Supergirl, Suits, Mr Robot (should be watching this now lol) . Americans, Fargo. Theses are some of best shows on Tv. Sometimes it is good to watch a show your not looking for too. BBC has some great tv atm.

The only TV series I've ever watched is Game of Thrones which probably isn't what you're looking for but I highly reccomend it LOL
I watched the first few episodes of it lol, it isn't my kind of thing at all. :(

I just looked it up, it does seem like an interesting show! I'll add it to my list, thank you :D
If you like Prison Break, you might like The Wire. It half shows what the cops are doing and half shows the illegal activities the drug dealers are doing. It's an HBO show though.
Oh yea I started with The Wire, I need to get back into watching it again. Thanks haha.

Dexter - serial killer who works with the police (they don't know he's a serial killer obv)
Yea lol it was the next I was gonna watch after I finish with this one. Sounds super thrilling.
Probably doesn't fit the exact thing you're looking for, but Person of Interest S1 revolves around them staying a few steps ahead of the law and throughout the show they're constantly dealing with mob bosses.
Dude this is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Why just S1 though, the others aren't as good enough?

oh i forgot it had to be a show dealing with illegal stuff hehe
i also would suggest Dexter as another poster said
Yess it's what I plan to watch, thank you :D

I've been watching The Killing on Netflix for the past couple of nights. It's gripping! The first episode already got to me.
Oh I'm guessing its about some kinda person on a murdering spree? I'll check it out, thanks :)

Aree with Breaking Bad~ perfection.
Yess it's literal perfection, I've already watched it twice lmao. Thanks tho (':

Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, Blacklist, Night of, 12 monkeys, Better Call Saul ( watch Breaking Bad 1st dont need to but makes show even better).

Supergirl, Suits, Mr Robot (should be watching this now lol) . Americans, Fargo. Theses are some of best shows on Tv. Sometimes it is good to watch a show your not looking for too. BBC has some great tv atm.

Already watched both the seasons of Better Call Saul lol, and Breaking Bad too. I checked out Mr Robot, it seems super good. Thank you, I'll add those to my list :)

Finished season 2 of Prison Break today haha. I swear this is all I do now in my life.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's not necessarily in the same vein, but there is definitely a lot of illegal stuff happening in House of Cards! Ha, that's my recommendation :>

I've heard Narcos is good as well but I've not personally watched it. That I am assuming has a lot of law evasion :p
Haha yea I've heard of House of Cards a lot, I intend to watch it sometime asap.

I'll check out Narcos as well haha, will let you know how it is. Thank you :')

well if you like prison break you will be happy there bringing it back.

Oh no, it's just after S1 they're not really on the run from the cops as much. The entire series is fantastic in my opinion, I'm really disappointed that CBS dropped the ball on it because they weren't making enough money off of it compared to WB.

So I know you said no anime, but there is an animated show called archer, and it's really quite funny, in a crude way. It's on netflix, and it's so freakin ridiculous sometimes. But fair warning it is for mature audiences, it's a spy agency that's awful at there job and all the characters are completely messed up in some unique way.

I loved Person Of Interest too. The series evolves over time, first dealing with seemingly standalone events, before the connection of sequences that lead to the core or 'web' of the story.

Also, Utopia by C4. Has a similar theme to Person of Interest with more eccentric/paranoid characters and conspiracy theories. It's a bit more comic book-like in it's vibrant colours and wonderful shots. There's quite a bit of violence that you wouldn't normally be able to see otherwise. I prefer season one to season 2, because the structure of season two felt really confusing and distorted.

Back