Trouble resetting for native flowers?

So I guess, since I have pansies and my old town was mums, November (11/23) is those and possibly hyacinths since they're always in my shop? or Tulips cause they were on my last island. Weird. Windflowers are always in my shop too.

Conspiracy theory: Nintendo wants people to use their online service to trade. Therefore they locked certain elements to your switch account such as flowers. Otherwise everyone would reset for roses and lilies and there wouldn't be as much trading going on.

That actually makes sense. Not that anything is really "locked" to your Switch account, but more your Switch account is being used as a seed in the RGN system.

Wow, it's tied to your birthday??? That's pretty neat
My birthday is in June and I got Lilies

October baby and I got cosmos. I had no idea that native flowers existed when I first started the game and now it feels too late to reset for me personally. I wish I'd known because I'd prefer roses or mums, and they aren't even in my shop :(

So I guess, since I have pansies and my old town was mums, November (11/23) is those and possibly hyacinths since they're always in my shop? or Tulips cause they were on my last island. Weird. Windflowers are always in my shop too.
My birth month is November and my native flower is cosmos, so I guess the pool of native flowers you can get is different from the pool of shop flowers? Because mine are cosmos, pansies, and tulips, with hyacinths added more recently. My brother is also November and our shop flowers are slightly different, too. I wonder if that’s attached to birth month or just random?
Wish I had gotten mums as my native flower.

Since I had nothing but time on my hands I reset got each month until I got the 3 flowers for that month and made a list!

January - Windflowers, Pansy, Mums
February - Pansy, Windflowers, Hyacinths
March - Tulips, Pansy, Hyacinths
April - Tulips, Windflowers, Hyacinth
May - Roses, Tulips, Windflowers
June - Lillies, Tulips, Cosmos
July - Roses, Lillies, Cosmos
August - Lillies, Cosmos, Mums
September - Cosmos, Lillies, Mums
October - Mums, Cosmos, Roses
November - Mums, Cosmos, Roses
December - Pansy, Mums, Roses

I doubled checked August and September since they had the same flowers but after double checking them, they do indeed have the same flowers. I’ve also found that while the months have 3 flowers that can be native, the 3 possible native flowers are not guaranteed to be available to be bought in the shop. I have 2 friends who have birthdays in October and neither of them had Roses in their shop but had flowers that weren’t native to October such as Hyacinths, Windflowers, and Pansies.

Oh my goodness that is honestly so cool that it's tied to your birthday month. I had no idea if anything was effecting the native flowers or not. My birthday is in June and as is displayed in my signature, I have lilies in my town

Since I had nothing but time on my hands I reset got each month until I got the 3 flowers for that month and made a list!

I doubled checked August and September since they had the same flowers but after double checking them, they do indeed have the same flowers. I’ve also found that while the months have 3 flowers that can be native, the 3 possible native flowers are not guaranteed to be available to be bought in the shop. I have 2 friends who have birthdays in October and neither of them had Roses in their shop but had flowers that weren’t native to October such as Hyacinths, Windflowers, and Pansies.

My Birthday is in October and my native flowers were Roses.

Last edited:

Hmm, December here [Northern Hemisphere too]:

Windflowers, pansies, and hyacinths....

I feel a bit robbed seeing this list and not having mums or roses!

I have an April birthday too and I got windflowers with hyacinth and pansies in the shop. My friend whose birthday is April too got hyacinth.

I have a June birthday and got tulips as my native flower, with pansies and windflowers in my shop so far.

Hmmm, I mean I guess it could be 4 flowers able to be native? I spent hours resetting and some of those hours were for a single month just to get the 3rd flower. This was all Northern hemisphere as well. January alone I spent about 5-6 hours resetting because I wanted roses and I got no more than 3 different flowers so I wonder if only certain months have 4 possible native flowers?

I’m not counting flowers able to be purchased from Timmy and Tommy since In my experience, what flowers they sell besides the native grown ones seem to possibly be random.

My friend's birthday is in June and her island's native flower is roses, while mine is in April and I got tulips!

Hyacinths seem to be my secondary flower based on island hopping and frequency they appear in my store, while I sometimes also get windflowers and pansies in stock.

After reading everything here, it just seems to be random?

Last edited:
I’m not talking about any kind of secondary flowers or flowers you can buy from nook’s cranny. I’m talking about the flowers you get with your island, the ones you see on the cliff when you first land. I can’t tell if some people are talking about the ones in their shops or the ones on their starting island and I’m getting a little confused 😥😥

Back