• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

town thread

mahonia

previous town owner
Bells
Winter Mittens
this thread is about discussing your tips for getting a perfect town, or how you look after your town,perfect or not. basicaly this thread is about discussing the outside of your town!

The thing with a perfect town is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do you think it's perfect? Then that's all that matters. :)

Are you talking about a perfect town as in getting the golden watering can, or people's opinions on what a perfect town looks like?

^^ Agree with mayortash! I have seen some super organized and symmetrical towns that were quite...real life town like. And then I have also seen towns that were more resemblant of several cottages scattered throughout a forrest. Less organized and more natural looking. But I really appreciated the effort and beauty of each, as well as the ones that are in between those types.

For people who are really looking for advice and whatnot, I think the easiest way to start figuring out the outside of the town as far as landscaping goes is to maybe have a cohesive color scheme. For more organized towns, maybe even keep the flowers to one type of variety. And it also makes a town really attractive (in my opinion) to have several different heights of landscaping, so interspersing clovers with flowers and mushrooms, trees as well as tree stumps, and bamboo and cut bamboo, can be a good way to add visual interest. Also having public work projects that "go" with the theme of the town's exterior. I love picnic blankets and wisteria trellises and water pumps in more natural looking towns and then it's cool to have structural pieces in modernized ones.

It really is up to everyone what they find to be "perfect", so it's hard to give general advice on something so subjective but that's what I can offer!

If you're talking about perfect town as in the rating, I do know that there are certain PWPs that will make it impossible to get a perfect town rating if they are built. Ensuring there is no trash "ie loose items that you drop" on the ground is necessary. Then it's just about having a good balance between structures and landscaping. Isabelle will always say what needs to be improved so as long as you keep talking to her and fixing the things she says the villagers are complaining about or advising on, then perfect town rating isn't too hard to get.

Last edited:
Hmm, perfect town when you think it's complete and have a bit of everything and some variety in your town. Update with the town hall on what villagers want and need improvement on ect~ I think once it looks good and lively/full of life and cleaniness that it'll be prefectooo

Perfect towns, or perfection in general, is subjective. I still have not completed my version of a "perfect town". I've managed to gather my villagers in a neighborhood like style, but am yet to do much else. That took about everything in me, and probably won't attempt a lot more until like a month from now, lol. Some people's perfect towns are full of PWPs, QR paths, dreamies, beautiful hybrid flowers, etc. Some people's are perfect in their own little natural way, villagers coming and going as they please, the occasional weed, flowers of any kind everywhere, trees anywhere they want to be, no paths whatsoever, etc. I do not plan to personally deck out my town with qr paths and all that jazz, as I like the idea of freely running place to place and not following a trail, lol.

what i mean bye perfect town is your idea of a perfect town. like my idea of a perfect town is lots flowers,plants and trees.in my opinion i prefer no paths,but some people make it work well in there town. i also like lots of public works like benches, flower arches, recycling cans,etc. i also prefer to put the big ones in like the cafe, but that's completely up to you.

Back