Town Themes That You Like/Want To Do

I love seeing towns based around horror movies and fairytales, I think they're so cool and would be so much fun to do! Same with pink or pastel town, they all look so nice and cozy...
I saw it mentioned, but I would also love to do a food-themed town with villagers like Merengue, Chadders, Ketchup, Pecan...it could be so cute! It might be a bit hard, but I think the work would be worth it. My lost town was a WIP, but I was building it up to be royalty themed with lots of pink, gold, and white. I miss that town a lot. :(

I have just started 2.-

1. A modern dark town.(Could change.)

2. An aquatic/water themed town.

Last edited:
I'm working on a circus themed town, that's really colorful. I wish we had like a circus tent as a PWP or something.

I don't have a theme rn because I recently restarted and my town is fairly new, but I'd love to do a post-apocalyptic theme someday

for the longest time ever, i've also wanted to do an alice in wonderland/whimsical themed town
haven't got round to even starting it though ;v; maybe one day

* What are your favorite town themes based off of games/movies/series?
I lovee apocalyptic feeling ones like walking dead almost vibes, I also love magical/overgrown ones that remind me of fairytails!!

* If you were able to make a theme, what would it be?
100% be more earthy or natural, wooden with lots of overgrown things and plants, maybe even a bit of a harvest moon feeling idk;;

* What are some themes you did in the past?
I've done cat themes, Avalon/medieval themed, Sweets themed and in my old animal crossing Wild World I had a zelda themed town lol

I don't know why... But if I made a 2nd town, I would love to make a lawn-themed one, where every mud spot is blocked out with trees, shrubs, and villager homes. Maybe give it an impression of a lush hillside park, with minimal path patterns. that mainly block mud spots on the edges.

I actually lowkey want to make a creepy/dark town like a graveyard and fill it with "dead" villagers. I think it would be really interesting and such a contrast compared to my two other towns which are both filled with cutesy villagers and themes.

Most of my towns end up with themes based off of other games I love. My current towns are a Fallout: New Vegas themed town and a Stardew Valley themed farm town. I reset a winter town I lost interest in to begin the Stardew Valley town a few weeks ago. But, I've also had a Kingdom Hearts themed town on my first game cart I lost around 3 years ago.

i kinda wanna start a town with a mayor named ridley in a town called limerick with cherries or apples as the native fruit and just keep black, white, and gold roses and have all of the modern pwps. i would also want him to wear the jester's mask because i want it to be slightly spooky, but not a horror themed town. my second character would be named raven and he would wear the rest of the jester outfit besides the mask and have a red rose in his mouth. idk. i haven't thought about it that much.

My first town used to be a Japanese fairytale like town, and while currently I still have a lingering scent of that left, mine is a story town, a combination of dark/slightly horror and Japanese zen, since the characters' backgrounds are Japanese. It's taking forever, though since just figuring out my mayor's house is a long process xD

I'd love to do a Ghibli town if I ever got a second copy, or an Alice in Wonderland town.

I'm gonna do a hospital/quarantine themed town where all the villagers are sick and the humans are a doctor/a funeral director/a paranoid hypochondriac mayor etc. as soon as I can grab my sister's copy of the game to use to hold my stuff while I reset. :D

I guess my favorite types of towns overall would be natural towns with a lot of landscaping but I pretty much like any theme as long as there are plenty of PWPs and trees/flowers haha

I'm working on a traditional Japanese theme for my town, although if I ever get another copy I'd like to do a sci-fi city.

When I get my second copy i'm going to make a town based off of ancient greece/rome

I want a boku no picochu theme for the lulz but I can't seem to get it right

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh why censor its not a bad word whatever just a anime opening σωσ

I am trying to turn my town kawaii (don't judge lol) because I have recently gotten into anime and manga, and I just LOVE kawaii everything, but it's hard since my town is named 'riverton' and some of my villagers are like, super ugly D: (yes, Vladimir, I mean you. You too, Sheldon..)

rn I'm working on a nautical, small seaside town kind of theme, with white cobblestone roads and lots of fountains :>

I wanted to do a fall hobbit themed town but I lost interest because of all the money I had to put in

Back