• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Town Theme? (Advice anyone?)

alimobali

All hail Lorin Ashton 🤘
Bells
So ive noticed recently looking at the acnl fan that a lot of towns have themes. I think they make the town look more put together. I never planned a theme, I didn't even really try and look for a perfect town layout, but now I'm thinking i should... I'm thinking bout doing a light blue fairytale kinda theme (so original) and even planning my villagers to match.
So my question to you is did you pick a theme and if so how much did you plan for it and how long did it take to finish? And id love to see some pics for inspiration:)

I'm in the process of changing mine from an "anything goes" kinda town to a forest town. I'm just kinda winging it, visiting Dream Towns for inspiration, planting lots of trees, but I'm probably not going to get too crazy with it. I don't like the way paths look in most towns, so I'm still trying to figure out the best way to organize everything to make it look neat. What I guess I need to do is create a detailed map of all my PWPs and see where to go from there!

my planning only consisted of choosing which pwp's I liked most and deciding where each would look nicest.
paths and plants simply flowed around that.

I'm in the process of changing mine from an "anything goes" kinda town to a forest town. I'm just kinda winging it, visiting Dream Towns for inspiration, planting lots of trees, but I'm probably not going to get too crazy with it. I don't like the way paths look in most towns, so I'm still trying to figure out the best way to organize everything to make it look neat. What I guess I need to do is create a detailed map of all my PWPs and see where to go from there!

Awh that sounds cute. I'd love to see how that turns out.

I knew what pwp I wanted from the start..they just havent been requested yet (looking at you anabelle and savannah)

Last edited:
I did pick a theme - a fairytale theme in mostly pink and purple. I've always loved the Wisteria Trellis, Flower Arch and all the fairytale PWP's so it seemed natural to go for something like that :) And I've visited soo many dream towns, getting tons of inspiration and my town is starting to look like something!
But I had to restart to get the right map for my theme. So now I have awesome villagers in an awesome town.

I'm going for a rustic/forest theme in Fable. I have some idea of what pwps I want, and where I want to put things. It's just going to take me a while though.

My town Midgar is a free-for-all. :p There is little planning, and no consistent theme. I guess if anything it leans toward fairy-tale. I plan on making the train station & town hall the fairy-tale theme.

Virgo is definitely going to be a modern town. Although there will still be a couple of non-modern things.

I think towns that have a theme or color-scheme look really nice. But at the same time, if I did that I'd feel like I was missing out on things I like that don't fit that theme. So idk which is better, heh.

Last edited:
My town, Citrus, has a very clear color scheme, though not a theme per se. (Well, beyond "fruits are fun").

Everything is green, yellow and orange, and only lemon and orange trees grow there.

I'm not including or excluding any particular public works, though.

My old town was named Avalon... so whenever people visited they tried to compare it to Merlin and say it was a Merlin themed town... No... it wasn't... it had no theme, I just did things I liked. XP

Thus, drove me to make a new town with a new name.
I plan to do the same with this town with no real theme... Just things I like and think a cute...
Really the only 'theme' would be peaceful?
Flowers, fountains, zen buildings, etc.
But it's really just made of/will be stuff I like. XP

at first i had a zen theme but noww its more of a country-feel. pwwps include classic police station, (to be) wwindmill, (to be) picnic, etc.

Last edited:
Awh its so great to hear everyones creative ideas. I've onlu ever seen zen garden towns and kawaii/fairytale themes. Its hard to not want all the fairy tale pwp though:3

Back