Town rules - What are yours?

No running on flowers/grass, no going out of my sight (unless I'm playing an awkward game of hide n' seek with friends I trust), No picking items/flowers without my permission or talking to my dreamies. If you want to look/buy at my shops, ask.

Basically just be nice and respectful :blush: Which everyone should know or do~

Don't be an ******* is my only rule. I don't care if people talk to my villagers, go to Main Street, or any other non-*******-y things people get uptight about.

Don't run unless I say it's all right, and don't go out of my sight (even though I currently don't have anything that could be taken lol). If I do ever have any items out, they're normally up for grabs or can be catalogued if visitors ask me, which most do and I say it's okay. :3 And basically just ask me before you do something, don't assume it's okay and go ahead anyway. I always ask before I do anything in someone's town so I expect the same haha.

I always wait right at the station though whenever I go to people's towns and I can never understand why some people just take off and run around. It's rude in my opinion. >.<

Basically to have some common sense and be respectful...
Only rule really is to just run on the paths and not stray away from my sight as I have items and hybrids everywhere :c
People don't really talk to my villagers as most of my trades happen outside the train station and the trades go quickly so there's really no point in talking to my villagers. I've had a few people ask to visit my Main Street after the trade is done which is fine.

I posted mine on my bulletin board:

1. No flower-running.
  2. Replace your holes.
  3. Feel free to shop on main.
  4. You may post a message here.
  5. Do not shake the fruit trees without permission.
  6. You can take home any bugs, fish, and fossils you find. Ask about furniture and other items.
  7. Presents that are left at the stations are free to take. ONE PER GUEST.
  8. If you are from The Bell Tree forums, leave a WiFi review.
  9. Have fun!
  10. Ask if you are unsure about something.

The rules I have posted on my Tumblr are:

1.Please stay on the paths unless I lead you off of them. Also, if you’re a first time visitor please don’t run off out of my sight.
2.Please WALK if you have to go through flowers.
3.Do not destroy my flowers, cut down trees, dig holes etc.
4.Do not steal anything off the ground, including flowers/mushrooms/clovers.
5.You are welcome to shop on Main Street, visit Re-tail, use Shampoodle, or visit the museum.
6.You are welcome to talk to my villagers. You can also write on my town bulletin board!
7.If you need fruit please ask before shaking trees!

I think my town rules are pretty must just common sense and pretty reasonable.

1. Don't run off paths..
2. Do not run outside my sight..
3. Don't take anything off the trees or ground..
4. If we're doing a trade, don't get off the train station stones..
5. Don't buy from Re-Tail or Main Street unless I say you can..
6. If I'm giving you a villager, follow me to their house, and go inside first..
7. Don't cut down any trees or dig anything up without me saying it's OK..

OK, that's it. I've never actually had any guests other than one.. They wandered off while I went inside the villager's house they were 'adopting' and I flicked the switch.. It really freaked me out because it was the first time I ever had a visitor.

I'm very lenient about my town... let people in all the time, because thats why I worked so hard to landscape it and stuff... yeah I may lose one or two hybrids by accident, but it barely happens and if it does happen I know its not maliciously... anyone I feel is shady, isn't even allowed to come. I monitor when and how my villagers leave so I have no worries about them or people talking to them

Personally I find it annoying when I go to a town that has such great work done to it and I just wanna explore it, talk to villagers and the person is hovering over my every step... long ago I had someone flip the switch on me because I went to Beau's house (didn't even talk to him), they never even told me their rules, I was excited to see him for first time so I didn't know it was that big of a deal and then they messaged me saying I was so shady for doing it (it wasn't from these forums)

- - - Post Merge - - -

the only thing I say is please watch out for my flowers and don't pick anything up without asking first... I've had no instances of stealing in my town too

Wow! That a load of dung! However, I'm with you, and while it may look like a lot of rules, most of them are just reinforcing the common sense stuff.

Last edited:
I'm pretty laid-back when it comes to my town rules, I guess. I let people wander out of my sight and run, shop at Main Street, shake my trees, talk to my villagers, etc. All I ask is that people not modify the landscaping, pick up stuff I've left on the floor, or leave nasty messages and designs. I check my landscaping throughout the visit and before ending each session. If something's off then I flick my switch. I've never had to, so I guess I'm lucky.

This might be just me, but I wish my visitors would send my villagers letters. I'm almost tempted to make that a town rule lol.

My rule is this: treat my town how you'd wish yours to be treated. The rest I leave up to common sense. When I visit other players towns I always ask permission first if I can talk to villagers/use the shops etc.

I tend to be quite relaxed with visitors as I want to feel like a friend not a prison guard, but if someone were to mess around, then I'd just hit the power button and that would be the end of that! Luckily I've never had any problems while wifing and have always enjoyed hanging out with people on TBT :)

1. Please stay on the paths unless I lead you off of them. Also, if you’re a first time visitor please don’t run off out of my sight.

2. Please WALK if you have to go through flowers.

3. Do not destroy my flowers, cut down trees, dig holes etc.

4. Do not steal anything off the ground, including flowers/mushrooms/clovers.

5. You are welcome to shop on Main Street, visit Re-tail, use Shampoodle, or visit the museum.

6. You are welcome to talk to my villagers. You can also write on my town bulletin board!

7. If you need fruit please ask before shaking trees!

8. If I'm giving you a villager, follow me to their house, and go inside first..

9. If you are from Bell tree, please leave me a wifi rating!

10. Last and finally rule: Treat my town how you'd wish yours to be treated!

My rules are simple: don't run, don't steal, and don't vandalize.

I rarely have guests, but so far those rules have been respected. I think that they're pretty reasonable, myself.

just don't be a butt. my town is pretty empty for the most part, since I love running around freely. so I don't have any special path rules or anything.

Back