Town Layout Ideas?

Apparition

👻
Bells
WVW69kcYBkwJVEAkbd

I can't decide where to put villager houses, the campsite, etc. What do you guys think? This is town gonna be pretty foresty, so keep that in mind. The specks represent rocks.

I like your map! And the 4 qr codes you're really able to show detail!

Ideas:

- Lots of cedar at the top half of the map. Cedar Trees surrounding your town tree.
- campsite could be that entire Northwest area below the river. Add a campfire, outdoor chair, log bench, tree stumps etc.

- I think there is more room for villagers in the bottom half of the map below the river.

- Fountain in between the two rocks by the train station would look nice - then bushes surrounding it.

- police station could go to the left of Re-Tail

What do you think?

- Villagers on lower half of town
- campsite below far left bridge
- cafe in between plaza and station
- leave the upper half of your town for most of the PWP's
- ton's of trees/bushes/and scatter flowers (in an organized way) along with clovers and mushrooms
- for paths I say go with a cobblestone/rock path

Wow that's pretty impressive that you drew the map instead of just taking a screenshot of it. I think you should have villagers spread out pretty evenly and not just in one half of the town. Forest towns are so open and for the most part "random" that if you have them only in one area it might look too much like an intentional community (unless that's what you're going for!)
Either one of the Campsite or cafe can look good in the left nook on the north part of your map. I really like that bridge placement.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have a better idea of what I want to do with my town now. That northwest tab would make a pretty good camping area!

One trick I like to do in my towns is grouping the cafe, the town hall and the police station side by side. It's just my opinion, of course, but I think it looks really neat and tidy.

Back