• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ACNL Town Experiences and History

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
As we mourn the ending of ACNL, I am making this memory thread on all of the towns you made in ACNL. What were all of your previous towns in Animal Crossing: New Leaf? What did you do while working on them? Who were their mayors? What other attributes did they have (like grass patterns, town fruits, side beaches were etc)?

Keep in mind that this is meant to be a shortlist of every town you worked on.

I mostly kept up with upgrading my entire Town as best as I could but what annoyed me the most is that I never got the suggestion that unlocked the Police Station in the game that I spent four years playing on a daily basis. Then that jerk Goose moved in uninvited and ruined everything for me and wouldn’t leave no matter how much I ignored him. I had to delete my entire Town just to get rid of him!

I still have my original town, though I also have a second copy I bought years ago, which I never touched, and I decided I wouldn't rush it when the online closure was announced.

I got all of the updates fairly quickly due to playing obsessively, but I started hunting for bugs on the island only later, so I'm still in need of the bells for my houses and PWPs. As soon as I had access to the internet, I laid down random paths and planned areas, but I never went through with most of them. Then I started playing less actively, and made several different plans and design choices.

My mayor is called Marilyn in-game (because I was fond of that name, and named all of my characters Marilyn), but I called her Junipa when I started developing her as a character. I planned to revise her once more recently, but life got too busy again and I set it aside. In short, Junipa is a retired actress and honorable villager of my town, which is why she became mayor (somehow), and she's about 40-55 years old. She had a small, classy love affair with Hippeux until he moved out, which absolutely shattered her, though she found it hard to admit. She had some mid-life crisis since and disappeared for a while. In general, she's got a rather smug and self-satisfied attitude, but she became more mellow in recent years. She advocates a strict and pragmatic work ethic, but is a hedonist at heart, which she tries to block out mostly successfully, although it might leave her rather grumpy at times. She's obviously not the most articulate with her feelings, and is marked by her past in the acting business.

I think circles are my grass pattern, any other pattern feels strange after so many years. The town's native fruit are peaches and it has two beaches, both of them reachable via inclines. Western beach, so its museum is on the right.

I've never deleted a town before but I have 3 copies of the game. That's 3 towns.
Popstar was my first town and my introduction to Animal Crossing.
Twinleaf was a town I started after feeling stressed by the first one but not wanting to delete it. This second town is actually still very meaningful to me because it's when I first experienced Welcome Amiibo and after scanning the Amiibos I had... I slowly realized I really liked Splatoon (I hadn't even played it myself yet. If you're wondering, they were my sister's Amiibos.).
Snowdin is my newest town and it is the most incomplete out of all of them.
My signature still has lists of all my current villagers. My 3rd town only has 9 because I'm still working on moving them in and out.

My first town Eeville, was random in the beginning. I didn't know what theme I wanted so I just played randomly and enjoyed the game. I soon discovered a tumblr page with this town with a witchy theme, and the rest was history. I soon became obsessed with anything witchy or magical, and my town soon became an autumn, witchy paradise.

For my second town, I wanted to steer away from the autumn and witches, yet keep the magic! Merville, was cherry blossom and full of fairies!! I made sure to always have the cherry blossoms in bloom, and made multiple fairy shrines and monuments throughout the town. It was a wonderful mystical fairy paradise!

My third and final town, Erised, I went back to the autumn witchy roots of Eeville. At this point, I deleted Eeville to create Merville, so I wanted to recreate my first town. So with Erised, it was an Eeville part 2, only BETTER and witchier :)

My first town was Westport, and its main fruit was peaches. Unusual for all my ACNL towns (as well as my ACNH island), my mayor was male, the town hall and Re-Tail were south of the river, and I didn’t put too much focus on dream town development. I didn’t like this town at all, and deleted it four months after.

My second town was Belcroft, which I did a better job on than Westport. I didn’t repeat the same mistakes I made on Westport, while I learned new tips and tricks. The town fruit was the apple. I kept it for eight months and ended up deleting it.

My third town was StarFall. As I made the town, I also documented every bit of progress I made. I also focused on three characters at once rather than one so I can utilize my alts like if they were beneficial rather than just for show only. The town fruit was the cherry, and it was my first town made solely to become a dream town. It was also my first town when I joined this site.

My last town, MoonGlow, wouldn’t have existed had it not been for the Welcome amiibo update. Because it was fourth town, I tried to do things differently (such as having a Classic Police Station, no secluded beaches, and Zen-themed station and town hall). The Welcome amiibo update made town planning and development much easier.

Back