• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Town "Dead Spots"?

Le Ham

now please I will accept the money-payment
Bells
Island
Espera
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
I don't know if this is true, but I've come across this small problem a lot.

Why is it that some spots I cannot grow a bush, tree or bamboo in, even if they're not within the boundary of any building or PWPs, nor are they part of a chain of bushes/trees longer than 12 units?

Here's a small section of my town as an example:

ooooo
TbTbo
ooobo
ooobo
obTxo
ooooo

o= flower or empty space
T= tree
b= bush
x= place I've tried and failed to plant anything besides a flower in

As you can see, I have a chain of 8 bushes and trees. There logically should be no reason for the area that X marks to be unable to grow a bush or tree. So is it possible that there are purposely places you can't grow stuff in? Am I stupid for not knowing this?

Yeah, there's just dead spots. I hate it. I have a row of trees and bushes kind of like yours, and there's a glaring dead spot right in the middle. It's a good place to leave little gifts for dreamers I guess.

One really weird thing though; when I first planted the row and noticed the dead spot, I assumed it was because I had too many trees and bushes lined up, so I tested by uprooting the next bush and planting where the last bush died. It grew. Then I planted in the place I formerly uprooted, it died the next day, so I was like yeah this is a space problem. I took one bush off the end this time so the row was consistent, but the dead spot still won't hold a bush.

What is with the bush mechanics in this game

I have dead spots like this in my Bamboo forest, it's so annoying!
Maybe put a street lamp there or something?

If you have more than 12 trees/bushes in a row, then you can't plant any more next to that line. Soo..
BBBBBBBBBBBBx
B=bushes/trees
x= dead spot

If you have more than 12 trees/bushes in a row, then you can't plant any more next to that line. Soo..
BBBBBBBBBBBBx
B=bushes/trees
x= dead spot

"Why is it that some spots I cannot grow a bush, tree or bamboo in, even if they're not within the boundary of any building or PWPs, nor are they part of a chain of bushes/trees longer than 12 units?"

Reading helps.

Last edited:
i heard somewhere that if a spot is the dead center of where a villager could potentially place their house then it's a dead spot but i'm not sure how true it is. i recently ran into a problem where i had three rows of trees, trying for a forest, and the middle row just wouldn't grow :| like, any of them. i wish this feature was removed so we could plant things wherever we wanted. :[

Last edited:
I have that problem too. I had a large 4x4 grid of perfect peach trees and they were all growing fine for months, but when one died and I replanted it it never grew back. :( I still can't get it to grow back. I gave up trying. It's annoying because now there's this glaring missing spot in my forest.

I have noticed that there is randomly dead spots in my town. Luckily, they haven't bothered me yet. But I wish we could grow things closer to houses. There is one spot in my town beside my Re-Tail that would look lovely with a tree there, but it just won't grow! Annoying.

Back