• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

HHP spoiler
You can dive on the HHP island! You can’t catch anything of course but you can swim up to the villagers on the floaties 😊
Post automatically merged:

Just found this on a YouTube video. Did you know that if you turn on the TV at exactly 3:33 AM on a Saturday, something very strange will come up on the TV screen for a whole minute. Don't want to spoil exactly what it is but it's worth checking out. Thought it sounded made up but I tried it myself and it checks out.
👀 I’m scared but intrigued lol. If I’m ever up that late I’m gonna check it out!

Just found this on a YouTube video. Did you know that if you turn on the TV at exactly 3:33 AM on a Saturday, something very strange will come up on the TV screen for a whole minute. Don't want to spoil exactly what it is but it's worth checking out. Thought it sounded made up but I tried it myself and it checks out.

interesting, i doubt i will ever play at that time hahaha, would you mind writing it in a spoiler tag? im super curious now :3

interesting, i doubt i will ever play at that time hahaha, would you mind writing it in a spoiler tag? im super curious now :3

Here it is for the curious:
An alien pops up onscreen and begins talking in gibberish to the player character, before disappearing back to static.
If you'd like to see it yourself without time travel, the video I watched is called 17 ACNH Tricks You (Possibly) Didn't Know by a YouTuber named MoreSkillsGaming.

You can tell if Celeste is on your island by doing group stretching at night. I don't know if she'll guaranteed show up if she's there, but it's possible for her to be there if she is there, which was useful for me, since I knew to go look for her after seeing her stretching, when I didn't even know she was there before.
1638503745712.png

i only very recently found out you get a one-time nook miles reward for attempting to donate forged art to the museum. i only found out while reading the tv tropes page because i've been relying on guides the whole time. because i'm a bit of a completionist i purposefully bought fake art to donate and i felt really guilty about having to try to trick blathers. i actually looked away from my screen while he was telling me about how the art was forged...but at least i got nook miles :)

Learned this yesterday, but you should check in with "staff" at all facilities on HHP each day. I'd only been checking the clothing shop, but every one has something.

Technically late yesterday but I learned that when moving a non rep to a new island you keep most of your stuff in your pockets/storage and you get to keep your home. I'm so happy! I'm going to be moving to my own switch for Christmas. Gone are the days where you have to fit everything in your pockets including your money.
Now I just have a question do you get to keep the d.i.y. for the Partition wall when you move to a game without the dlc? I wouldn't have access to Happy Paradise anymore.

Today I learned that when a villager is visiting you, they will actually follow you to different rooms once they've asked to see the other rooms.

I found out today that Plumeria Bushes can be sold by Leif. If I knew that earlier I wouldn't be talking to the teacher in HHP/Hoarding fully grown Plumeria Bushes at the Vine/Glowing Moss island, which I sadly did.

Today I learned that when you have Cyrus customise items for you, those variations will now show up in your catalogue. So if you want a bunch of items in a variation that you didn't have before, it's easiest to customise one of the items in the way you want it, and then order the rest directly from Nook Shopping.

Today I learned (I think) precipitation will grow gyroids.

At least I think so the hole started steaming as soon as I put them in before watering and it was snowing on my Island this might need further verification.

Today I learned (I think) precipitation will grow gyroids.

At least I think so the hole started steaming as soon as I put them in before watering and it was snowing on my Island this might need further verification.
yes, rain and snow will water buried fragments, just like they water flowers and crops.

Back