• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

This is kind of a dumb question but...

Nunbal

달빛
Bells
Ever since I joined this forum, I noticed people have multiple towns. I would like a second town as well. Do I have to buy another 3DS or just buy another cartridge/copy of the game? Like could I have 2 different data for the same game on the same 3DS? (does that even make any sense?) omg sorry I can't explain myself :confused:

Last edited:
You can have multiple cartridges for one DS. If you want to transfer villagers/items between towns though, you'll need a second DS.

You can have multiple cartridges for one DS. If you want to transfer villagers/items between towns though, you'll need a second DS.

Omg people on here must be rich :eek:

Ty~ how about if I buy a digital copy? That's the same concept right?

Last edited:
As I understand it, you can only have one digital copy of the game per DS - but you can use as many physical cartridge copies as you want (along with the one digital copy)

As I understand it, you can only have one digital copy of the game per DS - but you can use as many physical cartridge copies as you want (along with the one digital copy)

Yup, that's right. I have the digital copy from the eShop and one physical copy.

Omg y'all I just bought a digital copy. I think I'll start a cycling town. YAAASSS

In fairness, I got a Japanese version, and an NA version for not only the holidays, but something to practice my Japanese on too. I did get a used NA copy that I'm going to eventually sell just for my visiting/hosting badges back in late 2013, and also keep in mind you've only got so many hours in a day, the more you play your second town, the less you can play your primary town- trust me, I've learned to devote 70% of my playtime to the NA original, 30% to the JP one (make sure no one moves), and now 0% to the second NA one who's going to be sold, no point keeping it if it'll never be played again.

Back