• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

This is kind of a dumb question but...

Nunbal

달빛
Bells
Ever since I joined this forum, I noticed people have multiple towns. I would like a second town as well. Do I have to buy another 3DS or just buy another cartridge/copy of the game? Like could I have 2 different data for the same game on the same 3DS? (does that even make any sense?) omg sorry I can't explain myself :confused:

Last edited:
You can have multiple cartridges for one DS. If you want to transfer villagers/items between towns though, you'll need a second DS.

You can have multiple cartridges for one DS. If you want to transfer villagers/items between towns though, you'll need a second DS.

Omg people on here must be rich :eek:

Ty~ how about if I buy a digital copy? That's the same concept right?

Last edited:
As I understand it, you can only have one digital copy of the game per DS - but you can use as many physical cartridge copies as you want (along with the one digital copy)

As I understand it, you can only have one digital copy of the game per DS - but you can use as many physical cartridge copies as you want (along with the one digital copy)

Yup, that's right. I have the digital copy from the eShop and one physical copy.

Omg y'all I just bought a digital copy. I think I'll start a cycling town. YAAASSS

In fairness, I got a Japanese version, and an NA version for not only the holidays, but something to practice my Japanese on too. I did get a used NA copy that I'm going to eventually sell just for my visiting/hosting badges back in late 2013, and also keep in mind you've only got so many hours in a day, the more you play your second town, the less you can play your primary town- trust me, I've learned to devote 70% of my playtime to the NA original, 30% to the JP one (make sure no one moves), and now 0% to the second NA one who's going to be sold, no point keeping it if it'll never be played again.

Back