• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This has been bothering since 2013....

ToasterOven

Bells
*Disclaimer* I've never heard of Animal Crossing until they started showing it on the Yearly Summer Games to play with friends on tv. However, the moment I bought it when it was released, got home to play it, created my town on the exact same day, there was this one character that stood out from the rest. And I don't know if there's a tier-list or something like that for this game but, I don't believe in them that's number one, number two, I'm not talking about popularity here. It was something much more mystifying that boggled me... I got my starter villagers: Lucky, Lobo, Stitches, Wolfgang, and the only one that made me had this thought-provoking question... Marshal. He's white with rosy cheeks and the eyes are... Well, that's the part that got me. When I started interacting with him, I kept having this in my head: Is it me or... does his face reminds me of Link from Wind Waker...? The more I kept analyzing his facial features... The more I could see him dressed in the attire as such. I even looked up on Google to see if anyone had the same question I had for years. Nope. None whatsoever... To this day, he's been in my town still and Toon Li- I mean, Marshals still as cool as a cucumber though. Not sure what he's ranked in for popularity though.. I even had a scenario I drew up in my mind with Isabelle on the discussion:

Mayor: "Isabelle?"

Isabelle: "Oh!" "What is it Mr. Mayor?"

Mayor: "Take a look at this community picture of us by the plaza of my first day as mayor."

Isabelle: *Examines* "Umm..." "Is there something wrong with the picture?"

Mayor: "Oh, no." "There's nothing wrong with the picture but... Do you see Marshal over there?"

Isabelle: *Nods*

Mayor: "Look at his face for a moment."

Isabelle: "Okay..." "Now what?"

Mayor: "Now take a look at this Figurine of Toon Link."

Isabelle: *Examines* "Okay."

Mayor: "Now, I'm going to put these two side-by-side." "Tell me he doesn't look like him."

Isabelle: *Examines once more* "!!!" "Oh, my."

Mayor: "You see it?"

Isabelle: "Wow..." "That is interesting."

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But it wouldn't surprise me if any kind of Link had been a squirrel at some point. I do remember him being a Rabbit, a Wolf, and possibly something else along those lines.... But, what do you think?

If you could only talk with Isabelle about other things like this rather then always "mayor and
town stuff"...

As for Marshal: Maybe there is a little similarity between their eyes? I don't know, I actually
never pay so much attention to something like this to be honest.

Back