• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Things you miss from previous games?

the morning aerobics at the wishing well with copper in ac:gc
that was my favorite thing to do every morning on saturday when i was like four (besides watching cartoons ofc)

Last edited:
I really miss the old Villager AI. I liked how they always walked up to you every 30-ish minutes, and how they'd more often talk to eachother and get mad or stuff. It somehow felt like a lot more interaction was going on, they gave me more stuff to do. I miss it a ton from Wild World after I moved to New Leaf.

What about the interactions with Sable? She would give information about herself and her sisters. Like in Wild World, she knew Tom Nook before they ended up in the same town as you and in City Folk, the Able Sister's parents died when they were young and their third sister, Labelle, ran off after arguing with Sable. We don't even get any of that in New Leaf, we don't even get to see Labelle and Sable trying to bond after meeting each-other after all those years ago.

I miss the WW museum cafe.. I miss copper and booker being together at the gate in WW

I miss the bedrooms in WW and how you saved by sleeping there. I miss how you sometimes had little islands in WW, i used to plant coconuts there. I missed having the beach next to the land. But at the same time that was sometimes really annoying with my game glitch that made shells turn up on my grass

I miss the constellation observatory and how cute celeste was! I almost wish they would have left her in ACNL.

In the original AC game (correctly titled AC, not P:G!- if you call it incorrectly PG, then you need to also add the colon, and the exclamation point, because when you look close at the cover, the sign fully reads "Welcome to Animal Crossing Population: Growing!) I miss the sports fair, the lighting of the lighthouse, and when Tortimer asks what you think about a new bridge. That was your first taste of being mayor! As well as the NES games that hooked me on this series now over 12 years ago.

In WW, I miss all the made up holidays like Yay! Day, La-Di-Day!, the message in bottles, and the fact that you had an entire image spanning both screens so you could see the sky without having to stop moving, meaning you could watch fireworks and still run around.

In CF, I miss the voice chat option. They copied WW's texting only into NL. I also miss the constellations, which were also in WW, but CF only had one thing I really missed.

Last edited:
I miss the flea market! :( and the constellation creating and tbh i liked K.K playing at the cafe better instead of club LOL and how balloons had different furniture items!

Last edited:
I missed the following things:

NES games
Journals (please bring this back)
Dock in big lake
Point system
Slot machine furniture piece

-Better Dialogue
-Being able to tell a villager to stay when they're in boxes.
-The Gamecube soundtrack
-Waving at Villagers.
-Special NPC's telling you about their backstorys
-Villagers being mean to you (Yes, I do miss that).
-15 villager limit.

1. The dump
2. Watching the villagers interact with each other (really happy or really angry!)
3. Building up a friendship with the special NPCs and them having more personality.
4. The igloos appearing in your town with the yummy soup inside!
5. Villagers being mean to you (I had Monique and man, she was hilarious)
6. Storing letters
7. Sending 5 letters at the post office and watching Pete fly away outside

Last edited:
I really miss the Blathers ting too. It seems the NPC have lost quite some personality which I think is really sad ):

Animal crossing have become more clean and friendly. But sadly, they took away much of the little things making this game so wonderful to play. No, I didn't love resetti ind Wild World, he was really mean! But I think it gave him some character, just like all the other things gave all the other villagers/npcs character! Blathers was this geeky owl, with tons of history and knowledge, the Able sisters where in some kind of family feud and there were so many lovely details!

I remember the feeling when I started up my game, to see what was happening in my town! Now there ain't much going around and the most fun I have is when I landscape..

I sure do hope that the game makers will add some of the old things to the next Animal Crossing game!

Most of the above, but especially:
I think we all need the signs for villager houses plotted around town in PG, WW and CF back. Anyone?
+ prevent villagers from moving once they are in boxes. I totally dislike this "pinging" nowadays being the ONLY option to prevent villagers from moving

I miss a lot of things from Wild World that they have skipped in New Leaf. Blathers is a good example, the way they cut out his explanations really bugged me because I loved learning new facts from him; that was his whole point! I also miss the personalities many of these characters used to have or the things they used to do. Does anyone remember how the NPCs used to have their own little problems and you could talk about it? I liked listening to Phyllis and Pelly's problems as well as Blather's, Celeste's, even Tom Nook's. And the crankies, snooties, and peppies don't snap at you anymore. I also sorta miss how around the 5th time you reset, Resetti would make you speak into a microphone and apologize.

Another thing I miss is the ability to create constellations. I mean, we can still look up at the sky, but I miss seeing constellations I make up there.

Back