• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Things they should seriously add to the Animal Crossing series

basically more flowers of every type, and different kinds of trees? maybe even an ability to use the wood of a tree you cut down in retail!

They should make it where villagers can marry each other or date. There are those rumors. And once they get married, they move into one house with two rooms together. I think it'd be cool.
Highly unlikely, but cool

Idk if someone mentioned this but, but maybe make new villagers but with the personality of the opposite gender? Ex. Some girl villagers have a lazy personality and some male villagers have a jormal personality. But I don't think itn makes sense to have guys be peppy. Also uchi male characters would act as "big bros" instead of "big sister"

You should be able to convince villagers to move out. Not like "LEAVE MY TOWN NOW." but like- "Have you ever wanted to go somewhere else / visit Such-And-Such?"

and then you can pick the day they leave like- "I'll be able to say goodbye to you on [DATE], okay?"

I need Maelle to gtfo. I'm sorry. It's driving me crazy.

You should be able to convince villagers to move out. Not like "LEAVE MY TOWN NOW." but like- "Have you ever wanted to go somewhere else / visit Such-And-Such?"

and then you can pick the day they leave like- "I'll be able to say goodbye to you on [DATE], okay?"

I need Maelle to gtfo. I'm sorry. It's driving me crazy.
YES

the ability for only the person who put down the path/image on the ground to "erase" it. this has annoyed me so much since I got NL and oh my goodness I wanna scream every time I erase it by accident.

I always thought that cycling through ten villagers to get an old one back was stupid.

I just miss Whitney and wish I had her back. Her leaving was a total accident.

I recently played the AC for GC again and saw how the plots were all reserved, I feel like it wouldn't be difficult in the slightest to have those signs as a PWP so we could designate spots for the villagers

I think that a path placement tool would be fantastic, like having it as a separate section from normal patterns. Or being able to carry more than 10 patterns. The ability to place patterns on the ground has dramatically improved the town longevity and interest in the game imho, and they should capitalize on this

I completely agree that getting rid of the questions for character creation is something that should have happened long ago. You could start by looking in the mirror in the bathroom and being able to customize your face, hair and skintone there. Then go talk to Rover for town map generation.

Pants customization was another great idea :3

I wish we could actually visit Boondox in the game. Yeah yeah there's a dream town for it, but I actually want to see a real Boondox and not a fan-made one. Since we heard so much about it in wild world, I wish we could unlock it like you would do for the island, and you can go on vacation there and collect items and furniture..

I wish we could actually visit Boondox in the game. Yeah yeah there's a dream town for it, but I actually want to see a real Boondox and not a fan-made one. Since we heard so much about it in wild world, I wish we could unlock it like you would do for the island, and you can go on vacation there and collect items and furniture..
Why would we want to visit some impoverished town?

I've always wanted the option for longer hair. Or at least provide wigs with long hair.

I also think that Cyrus should be able to make a piece of furniture with 3 of any type of ore.

well I love that new leaf brought back the igloos and the tents :).... but i really wanna do aerobics with copper in the plaza again, it was very awarding and helped me wake up early in the summer to get back into the school routine....plus i miss the item award :D

but the villagers aren't interactive enough like i miss the option where you can ask them for help instead... I would like the villagers to have better dialog... I find they repeat themselves too much (no like city folk but lets not think about that :p) it makes all the smug, preppy, snotty etc. villagers sound the same... like they don't seem unique at all. and well thats all i can think of that bugs me :p

Last edited:
Put patterns in doorways, and clear as a color, so for example, if you want to make a stone, you don't have to recreate the grass around it.
Smarter spacing for PWP's. As long as you can walk around the parts you need to, like in front of a bench to sit on it, that should be enough. I want to put bushes next to my streetlamps.

A better, easier way to place and get Public Works Projects. Even with the diving trick, I'm still having trouble to get my villagers to suggest anything.

Tbh I don't like the 'choosing your own map' or 'creating your own map' or 'choosing all your villagers' or 'choosing where villagers move' ideas, I especially dislike the 'design your own character' idea, like seriously guys this isn't the Sims xD

But seriously though, they need to add different skin tones to the game, like just add a tanning bed, and I would say another gender option, but like this game is meant for 7-9 year olds, and I doubt most 8 year old kids even know what gender is, so Idk if they would bother to add that.

Another thing is the credit card from CF, but accessible for every store, and say if I went over to someone else's town, I could use their ABD to directly deposit money into their bank account (or something like that, to make it easier to pay people in the millions)

I would also like to see them bring back the fork river from previous games, I know it's not much but I used to plot reset for hours trying to get a map with a river split in it, because it just looks so cool, I would also plant a giant garden on the island, haha, for all the people wondering the fork rivers used to look like this river split.jpg

I also like to see clothing customization options, for example there are three bows so far; blue, red, and yellow. But think if we could go into retail with these bows, and change them into diffrent colours like pink, orange, black, white, etc.? But this would only work with some clothes, like plain jeans, or sweater, and such, not detailed things.

Last edited:
I wish they would get rid of the character limit, when naming yourself or your town.
There are other things I wish they would change, but there are too many for me to go into detail right now.

Back