• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Things that they should have in AC3DS

I personally didn't mind the weather in AC very much. I guess it is annoying that the seasons are mixed around if you're in Australia, though.

Seasons are mixed around if you're in the bottom half of the world. The seasons mixed around never bothered me

They should really have an area in your pockets only for tools, that way they don't take up extra space.

@Bidoof

I knew that the southern hemisphere's time is different from the northern hemisphere's time. By the way, a tool bag or something like that would be good. :)

I don't care about a tool bag. I always made sure I had 10 letters on me, so I had an extra 10 spaces for items. I don't really see any need for a tool kit

I never thought about using letters, except for Halloween. Anyways, it would be nice to see something different from the usual daily routine. I mean, there should be a few more options to make money. Of course, I'm not saying that AC needs a lot of gimmicks to make it seem fresh.

@KeenanACCF: I would like to see them make a toolbag too.

@Bidoof: Even if you carry 10 letters, you sometimes still run out of room.

@All: What about some new clothing options?

@acrules11: I wouldn't mind seeing new ways to make money either. For instance, making and selling you clothing designs to the villagers instead of them just being displayed in The Able Sister's Shop.

yeagh, but it's not that hard to sell stuff, 26 spaces (assuming you're carrying at item) is ample room

What I've always wanted in AC was to be able to open up a shop. Sure on certain days others come to your home and offer an amount of bells for your furniture or whatever you have on display, but it's not the same as opening a shop. Although I don't know how this would fit in with AC mechanics.

@Drew

Although it's a good idea, it would probably not feel like AC anymore if you opened a shop. I personally think that AC should just be peaceful and laid-back. Plus, it'd be pretty hard to actually make the idea work.

What I've always wanted in AC was to be able to open up a shop. Sure on certain days others come to your home and offer an amount of bells for your furniture or whatever you have on display, but it's not the same as opening a shop. Although I don't know how this would fit in with AC mechanics.

Thats a really cool idea. I would love to open a store as well as be mayor!

I don't know about the shop idea.
I'd rather not be trying to open and close a shop in AC
I think that idea would move the game into the HarvestMoon/RuneFactory realm of gaming.
Being the mayor will be hard enough for me.

I hope being the mayor doesn't effect your relationship with the neighbors. I'd thought about it and it would really bother me if the topic of you being mayor was brought up in dialog a lot.

I think we need more space to carry items. You should be able to put multiple items in 1 spot. Like if you have 3 apples you can put them in 1 pocket instead of 3. Or if you have a bunch of the same kind of fish. Maybe have up to 5 of the same thing. And it would be cool if you could have a back pack or messenger bag of some sort. Let you carry an additional 10 or so items. Maybe nook could sell different styles of bags when the shop gets upgraded for the last time

Now I do like the accessory idea for backpacks and messenger bags, and for them to hold a TINY amount of items. But I don't like the multiple items in one slot idea, it would be helpful, but it would also make going back and forth unneeded. It always seemed like the point of having a small inventory was so you would have to walk back to your house, or to the store, to make room.

Again, Multiple items in ome slot would be another Idea that goes the way of harvestmoon/runefactory.
I do like the accessory idea of having a backpack or purse that holds extra items though.
Though according to the game preview page on wikipedia and the wii roundtable discussion, Nook will be a real estate not a shop owner this time!

I do like the accessory part of your idea.
Though Mable + Sable are the accessory, headwear, and umbrella sellers in ACCF.
So they might be the ones to get the backpack/totebag/purse from.

Another idea for that would be to have it be a specail event item.

What I think would be good is that the the Able Sisters shop would be slightly bigger (6 shirts/pant/shoes per day, with 4 hats/accessories and 2 umbrellas) and that the designs you see Sable making actually went on sale the next day. A DLC idea for their shop would be that when you wake up one day and Mable is at your door, telling you that they have exclusive patterns available for the week for free and would replace the normal free patterns they have, and would revert back to normal after the week passed.

I also kinda like the idea of having your own swimming pool and garden which each have loads of different designs, but they cost extra when you upgrade your house.

Oh and maybe Shampoodle could start up a massage service (which costs like 500 bells) and it protects you against bee stings for 1 or 2 days? But it might be a bit too RPG-ish.

What I think would be good is that the the Able Sisters shop would be slightly bigger (6 shirts/pant/shoes per day, with 4 hats/accessories and 2 umbrellas) and that the designs you see Sable making actually went on sale the next day. A DLC idea for their shop would be that when you wake up one day and Mable is at your door, telling you that they have exclusive patterns available for the week for free and would replace the normal free patterns they have, and would revert back to normal after the week passed.

I also kinda like the idea of having your own swimming pool and garden which each have loads of different designs, but they cost extra when you upgrade your house.

Oh and maybe Shampoodle could start up a massage service (which costs like 500 bells) and it protects you against bee stings for 1 or 2 days? But it might be a bit too RPG-ish.

Good idea but maybe ables should start off with not much stuff and then get more stuff when it upgrades

Back