• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

That's really worrying:( I mean they do some good stuff but now im rethinking it. At the start of trading the article I was like 'okay maybe they were pretending to be PETA but I now think that's highly unlikely.

I've been a vegetarian since 14 - so 15 years now. My husband is a vegan and I think he's been for 16 or 17 years.

View attachment 87207
Spicy Vegan Potato Curry
I made this last night and I highly recommend it!

damn that looks so good. alot of vegans and vegetarians i know really know how to cook, like damnnn i would give up meat for some of these vegetarian and vegan meals

I honestly could never imagine being vegan or vegetarian lol
(not hating on vegans or vegetarians)

Not either but I love vegetarian and vegan food.

If ya got any good recipes hit me up

i've been wanting to transition into being a vegetarian, but there's so many things i would admittedly miss eating. i'm quite a picky eater and if i were to eat meats they definitely need to be prepared a certain way in order for me to even consider eating them. not to mention my family tends to make fun of my diet whenever i eat meatless dishes...
i love a lot of vegetarian food, and if there's a veg alternative if i go out and eat i definitely take advantage of that.

889995.jpg
mango tofu tacos

Making this tonight :blush:

i'm vegetarian, i've tried vegan for a couple months but couldn't stick with it.
i've been vegetarian since i was 8. so about 8 years.

i've been vegetarian for almost 15 years! meat just never appealed to me and tbh the texture kind of freaks me out (im hypersensitive to texture, so that doesn't help either)
i tried going vegan a year or so ago but i only lasted like a day because 90% of my diet revolves around cheese HAHAHA

I would like to try some vegan or vegetarian dishes! I doubt I could ever become a vegan or vegetarian, but some of this food really looks delicious.

I know some people can be really defensive about this subject, so I'm going to please request that nobody take this personally.

Honestly, I have no problem with having meat as a food. After all, we're humans, it's the circle of life. I do wish that they'd be a little more ethically treated. And plus, as long as there is meat in stores, what is the point of wasting it? It's already there, it shouldn't just be thrown away. Plus, people get WAYYY too sensitive on it. I'm fine with people sharing their opinion, but once they start shoving their opinion down your throat, I can't stand it. Just be vegan/vegitarian and be peaceful about it.

Again, please do not take this personally. If you reply to this and expect me to do so as well, I will be civil and indifferent about it.

I am a pescetarian and a bad one at that. I've been a pescetarian for just over a year now but I do allow myself 'cheat days'. And by 'cheat days' I mean that I eat meat on some holidays. I mainly do this because of the nostalgia and since all of my family members eat meat it's a bit hard on holidays to stay away from it. Although I've found I don't really care for meat anymore so even on holidays I eat very little. I decided to allow myself these cheat holidays since I knew if I did so it would be much easier to stick to and I only really eat meat about 4 times a year (Christmas, Easter, my birthday, and Thanksgiving). When I do eat meat though I require that it at least be organic.

And plus, as long as there is meat in stores, what is the point of wasting it? It's already there, it shouldn't just be thrown away.

The only reason there is meat in stores is because there is demand for it. If more people became vegetarian there would be less meat on shelves because slaughterhouses and butchers want to make money--if nobody was buying the product then they would cut down or stop production.

So this Friday I am having vegan guests over for dinner and they are partial to eggplant, I love eggplant. I will definitely check out some recipes but I would like some of your input as to which direction I should be looking towards. Thanks in advance!

The only reason there is meat in stores is because there is demand for it. If more people became vegetarian there would be less meat on shelves because slaughterhouses and butchers want to make money--if nobody was buying the product then they would cut down or stop production.

All of this! plus the fact that if vegetarians/vegans were to just shut up and 'be peaceful' about it, nothing would get done and the industries will never change, that's what animal rights activism is trying to do. Obviously, I personally don't go around talking to my meat-eating friends about this stuff, of course I don't :p - but when it's an appropriate situation, absolutely.

Back