The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

I'm working on becoming a vegetarian because my mentor said that the creator frowns upon people who eat meat. But what about how cows give milk to their farmers? Humans and cows work together and the cow can give produce and still be free of harm?
You should watch Earthlings.

I'm working on becoming a vegetarian because my mentor said that the creator frowns upon people who eat meat. But what about how cows give milk to their farmers? Humans and cows work together and the cow can give produce and still be free of harm?

I could make an exception with harmless local conditions, where the animals are truly taken care of, but the statistics are very low on their end, which means 90% of the time, the animals are kept in dark, crowded, filthy conditions, wired to machinery, and then killed for meat once they stop producing milk. Being vegan saves over 100 lives per year, whether it be a cow, a chicken, or a sheep. As the number of vegans increase, less animals are bred for these cruel purposes.

Last edited:
Ah! That makes perfect sense. Farm animals do need to be bathed if they are giving out produce. I mean If I knew that my milk came from filthy utters from little old Bessie than I would not buy that jug of milk...

well pretty much any milk you're buying from the store came from "filthy utters" unless you know the farmer you can't really trust that the cows were treated humanely.

eating animals is the most inhumane thing I've ever heard of....ew the thought makes me cringe

What do vegans use to replace milk and meat?

Plant-based milk like almond milk, rice milk, hemp, soy, coconut, etc. There are vegan "meats" but there are tons of other vegan foods so there's not really a reason to eat those. A lot don't taste very good. Burger patty options may include black beans, lentils, or chickpeas.

Last edited:
Plant-based milk like almond milk, rice milk, hemp, soy, coconut, etc. There are vegan "meats" but there are tons of other vegan foods so there's not really a reason to eat those. A lot don't taste very good. Burger patty options may include black beans, lentils, or chickpeas.

Also, definitely try Quorn. I don't know if it's available elsewhere but here in the UK it's everywhere and it's gorgeous. I've been a vegan all my life, so I can't compare it to the taste of real meat, but I got somebody who ate meat before to try one of their sausages and they said it tasted like the real thing.

I can't eat nuts either so that's out of the question to replace a food with nuts. I will die if I eat any kind of nut.

I totally understand, my allergy is not quite as bad but I still avoid nuts so that I don't get the nasty throat swelling and possibly making it worse.

Also, definitely try Quorn. I don't know if it's available elsewhere but here in the UK it's everywhere and it's gorgeous. I've been a vegan all my life, so I can't compare it to the taste of real meat, but I got somebody who ate meat before to try one of their sausages and they said it tasted like the real thing.
I'd be very careful with Quorn, they have a smaller vegan range but it is limited in where it is sold and the packaging is very similar to their vegetarian products which all contain egg and some contain milk. Apparently their vegan range is sold in my town but I've tried all the major supermarkets and they don't sell it, they have a list on their website, I managed to pick some up after visiting family a few towns over. So be careful with that as it can be easy to get the wrong thing and end up eating something with animal products in!

Though if you're a veggie I second that Quorn is great! The 'chicken' pieces are very close to real chicken texture wise, the 'mince beef' isn't as good as the real thing texture wise but that may be how I cooked it (It was very mushy in my meat free bolognese, it had less texture than the mushrooms in it...) the price is really low on it too so I'm swapping out any expensive meats I eat for it, hopefully I'll be able to go full vegetarian someday especially if these meat alternatives become practically identical to the real thing in terms of texture.

Last edited:
I don't agree with pollo-vegetarianism, but I guess you just have to see it as a transitional stage, hopefully one that's just temporary before they make the switch. Maybe that's just because my reasons for being vegan are purely related to my love of animals, though.

I don't agree with pollo-vegetarianism, but I guess you just have to see it as a transitional stage, hopefully one that's just temporary before they make the switch. Maybe that's just because my reasons for being vegan are purely related to my love of animals, though.

What is your most favorite animal?

I can't really decide. It's either the elephant or the sheep.

Sheeps are really cute. I love their soft pudgy faces. I have to say that I adore cats the most! Frogs, geckos, and lizards are 2nd on my list.

Sheeps are really cute. I love their soft pudgy faces. I have to say that I adore cats the most! Frogs, geckos, and lizards are 2nd on my list.

tumblr_n5t7gboPUk1sygd95o1_500.jpg

i want 10

Back