The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

im cool with ppl that have never eaten meat all their life bc they don't like it, but why change to vegan or vegetarian just bc you don't like that animals are being hunted down and eaten like it won't matter whether you're a vegetarian or not ppl will still hunt down and use animals for testing, using fur or to eat them

It's not that. No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.
It's the fact that I feel guilty, I don't like eating meat.
But also if everyone in the world didn't eat meat then we wouldn't be murdering this many animals.

It's not that. No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.
It's the fact that I feel guilty, I don't like eating meat.
But also if everyone in the world didn't eat meat then we wouldn't be murdering this many animals.

Actually, a vegan saves over 100 lives a year. The more vegans, the less animals bred for slaughter.

i'd like to become vegan but so much of my diet is quorn so it would be really hard to give up

Today I bought some Field Roast(one of my favorite brands) breakfast sausages and I chopped them up and made a biscuit and gravy casserole that was SO GOOD my meat loving family really enjoyed it and my mom said the only difference she could tell is it didn't have the "squishy meat feel" in the gravy because the sausage turns more pasty when floured and soaked in the gravy, but honestly it was SOOOO good, it was just the sausage, flour, milk, S& and TON of P, some fennel and canned biscuits, it was really really great and now I am going to have to try making it again with MorningStar sausage too.

Imma vegetarian because I don't like meat lol
I don't like the taste of it, and I get nauseous preparing it, so I just stopped eating it.

I gave up eating anything from KFC because that friend chicken is utterly terrible. I couldn't finish it without feeling sick afterwords. I do enjoy the medium rare steak maybe once a year. But I am going to consider not eating it at all because I hear red meat isn't very good for you if you eat too much of it. I am starting to eat more vegetables every week. Changing a diet and sticking to it is hard. I think the concept of being a vegan is silly and it doesn't make sense.

I think the concept of being a vegan is silly and it doesn't make sense.

Well, if you do your research, you can live a perfectly happily, healthy lifestyle as a vegan (I'm living proof!). It benefits animals, it benefits the planet, and vegan food isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be (pretty much everything has a vegan substitute). I hope you make the switch someday!

I've never actually tried tofu, so I'll take your word for it.

Idk it just has a really weird consistency and taste. Maybe if you fixed it right, it would taste better, but I don't like it : P

Well, if you do your research, you can live a perfectly happily, healthy lifestyle as a vegan (I'm living proof!). It benefits animals, it benefits the planet, and vegan food isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be (pretty much everything has a vegan substitute). I hope you make the switch someday!

I'm working on becoming a vegetarian because my mentor said that the creator frowns upon people who eat meat. But what about how cows give milk to their farmers? Humans and cows work together and the cow can give produce and still be free of harm?

I'm working on becoming a vegetarian because my mentor said that the creator frowns upon people who eat meat. But what about how cows give milk to their farmers? Humans and cows work together and the cow can give produce and still be free of harm?

Vegetarians still eat animal products like milk and cheese, they just don't eat meat. Vegans, oh the otherhand, do avoid all animal products, because a lot of farmers and such don't take very good care of their animals while getting product from them.

Vegetarians still eat animal products like milk and cheese, they just don't eat meat. Vegans, oh the otherhand, do avoid all animal products, because a lot of farmers and such don't take very good care of their animals while getting product from them.

Ah! That makes perfect sense. Farm animals do need to be bathed if they are giving out produce. I mean If I knew that my milk came from filthy utters from little old Bessie than I would not buy that jug of milk...

Back