The Resetting Thread

Didn't necessarily restart from Wahu (it's still on my main switch) but the new island I'm making, Parkwood, is almost exactly what I want. Centered plaza in front of the blue airport, apples as my fruit, both south end river mouths, and extended land to the far northeast. This island is going to look great!

recently reset both my nl town and nh island, excited! ive only ever played 300hrs or so of nh super stopped after the kk slider mission.. opposite with new leaf; way over 600hrs!

I haven't played this game in over 2 years, but I'm starting to get the itch for it again. I haven't even played the big 2.0 update. I'm really thinking of starting a new island to get the full experience again (having not played since release during lockdown I don't remember a lot of the game), but still undecided. I also don't know whether to play with time travel or not. I'm a generally very busy person, I work most days a week and have university on the side, so I don't have time everyday to play the game.

Any tidbits of advice would be wonderful! 🖤

I reset again because I wanted to use my real name on the game. And my last island was kind of neglected. I only wanted a few things for my new island of Rainbow

Those things being apples as native fruit, blue or yellow airport, a centered plaza, and a dock on the right side. Things that didn't matter was airport position, flowers, penisula size, secret beach location and starters.

It took me and few tries but I found one that all the stuff I wanted. It has apples, yellow airport, plaza centered (added bonus, the river mouths are west/south instead of the usual double southt that you usually come across on centered plaza islands) and starters fit the colorful Rainbow theme (Lyman and Mira) even though they aren't permanent.

well i used to have an island, then ressetted cuz i didnt like its native fruit (which is apples and my new island has peaches) and i got sick of it

totally regretted it, but now ive almost gotten all my dream animals so ig its ok

ive got advice: dont reset unless u REALLY hate ur island, i just got bored of it (i had so much money and stuff there on my old one) still sad about it sometimes

Does anyone know if you can visit HHP builds from an account that has been deleted? I wanna reset an island but there are HHP builds I really love that I want to be able to look at very badly.

I want to reset my island I've started more than one year ago. I don't really remember a lot of the game, I haven't played a hug amount of time. I need a name for it and for me, a theme to follow (I have two ideas but I cannot choose). I'll start next Saturday, I'm busy these days. I'll have some rest (two weeks away from school). I'm going to search for some ideas on Pinterest and internet in general. See you soon!

gonna restart my island.. any tips on what i should do on the first day? :p

Restarted today. My goals were: a correct map (plaza perfectly centered or not centered at all, not too far from the airport but not too close), a rock to put things and Rocket or Rory as first villager. It tooks me 19 tries to find Rocket, no reset in the introduction at the moment of the maps. It isn't perfect, I have pears but a nice blue airport, tulips, the plaza is not perfectly situated, the rocks are not that tall but that's ok and the peninsula is the third on five I like the most... Sorry for my poor spelling but I accept, don't want to reset anymore just for a villager, it will take too many hours and I'm lazy and I want to play NOW. 19 is a nice number, a bit more than one hour. Came back home at 12 P.M, started to play on my new island at 1:20!

The thing is, part of me wants to reset the game... But I spent so much time already on gathering and completing my entire inventory catalogue that it isn't worth me resetting it. I might plan on just creating a new character in order to recatch all the bugs, diving, and fishing creatures.

Hi all! First of all sorry for poor English grammar! I'm very disappointed when I read what I've done/written.
I'm planning restarting the game again, an island again. Always the same theme (I think) but I'm hesitant about my island name and villagers names. Will see that later! But is it not too late to restart this game again, restarting playing from scratch? I'm a bit hesitant. Is the game dead? I mean, do it still have an active community? I don't want to be alone haha.

Do you have restarted long again if you did?

Nice Christmas and holidays to all of you!

Hi all! First of all sorry for poor English grammar! I'm very disappointed when I read what I've done/written.
I'm planning restarting the game again, an island again. Always the same theme (I think) but I'm hesitant about my island name and villagers names. Will see that later! But is it not too late to restart this game again, restarting playing from scratch? I'm a bit hesitant. Is the game dead? I mean, do it still have an active community? I don't want to be alone haha.

Do you have restarted long again if you did?

Nice Christmas and holidays to all of you!
I don't think it's too late to restart if you'd like to. I recently reset my island on October 27, 2023, and had plenty of help building it back up again (e.g.: in-game bells, furniture catalog, getting hybrids/bushes, DIYs, etc).

There are still people that like to get together for in-game events or just visiting, too.

I had a lot of fun with it. :)

Am I the only one who has never resetted a town or a game? I like to follow things through, especially when I worked to hard to obtain certain items or landscape certain areas.

The idea of any of my towns being "re-set" is absolutely terrifying and I never want to think about it lol!

Am I the only one who has never resetted a town or a game? I like to follow things through, especially when I worked to hard to obtain certain items or landscape certain areas.

The idea of any of my towns being "re-set" is absolutely terrifying and I never want to think about it lol!
For me it is about a fresh start. Once I accomplish my goals for the island. It tends to feel stale. Almost no one moves in or out. No major decorating or changes for the most part collections completed. By restarting it gives me something to work on over the year and a reason to log on and keep things fresh so to speak. That is just how it works for me. Every year I usually restart at new years 12:00am and begin the journey again. Some islands are more advanced and others more wild depending on the year. I make a dream address so I can look back and remember. And keep a few favorite screen shots.

For me it is about a fresh start. Once I accomplish my goals for the island. It tends to feel stale. Almost no one moves in or out. No major decorating or changes for the most part collections completed. By restarting it gives me something to work on over the year and a reason to log on and keep things fresh so to speak. That is just how it works for me. Every year I usually restart at new years 12:00am and begin the journey again. Some islands are more advanced and others more wild depending on the year. I make a dream address so I can look back and remember. And keep a few favorite screen shots.
Oh I totally get that! I wish I had the strength to re-set at least once lol I have spent far too much money on extra copies of New Leaf just so I wouldn't have to delete my towns LOL

Back