The Resetting Thread

I’m debating with myself if I should restart my second island for the new year . It’s not that I don’t like it. I have loved making it. The idea of starting fresh is exciting. I can move Blaire and Olive over to my main island so I don’t lose them. I’m thinking of making it more of a challenge. Not trying to find the perfect map and just going with what I get . Not doing a lot of terraforming.

I just reset both my NH island and my NL town today. I've actually been resetting on and off for a while now, trying to decide on a few things (mostly the name I'd use for myself – it's a long story!).
Anyway, for NH, I decided on a whim to do a southern hemisphere island. I live in the north, but I wanted to mix things up a bit after many, many repeated resets and playing out the first few days in winter. So far, I love it. The summer in-game is a great contrast to the real-life winter I'm experiencing.
I've never used TT, and I don't expect to this time. But I've also never terraformed, and I think that might be interesting? I've been reading that a lot of people even have whole themes for their islands, and I've seen some amazing work done. Even on the island I had for over a year (my first, which I lost when I got an OLED Switch), I never hit 5 stars, and it's probably because I don't really do any design at all. I just let things kind of be wherever lol. At the same time, it seems like a ton of work, and I like the natural feel of my islands. So maybe I'll just stick with that. Well, I've got time to decide, anyway.

I restarted my island this time again. I don't know why, but it's very difficult for me to play the game for more than a few days without getting bored, even if I'm inspired, even if I have ideas in mind for my island. I decided this time to do the fairycore/cottagecore theme, for a change a little (even if I never completed any project) and I already have one of the starting villagers (Sterling, I reset just for him or Deirdre, but he "fell" first) and three of my permanent villagers. I did a few hours of villager hunting. Merry, Sherb and Lily will arrive on my island soon!
I would like this time my island goes further, finally my projects, that I don't abandon everything in three days. It's been like this since the game was released, even though it's not bad, on the contrary.

I reset my new leaf town and my new horizons island earlier this month, one of the reasons is because I think it would be nice to start out in January and at the beginning of a new year. ^^

For my main island, I am playing as myself, and my island name is Sakura, which I plan to make my island, cherry blossom themed, and Valentine’s Day themed, which the name suits the cherry blossom aspect.

my main one is in the northern hemisphere, as always, since I always want my main island to align with my real life situation/location. ^^

My alternate backwards island (which is more recent and I will be less active on), however, I play as my OC Skye, and the island name is Hoshi (My OC Skye is of Japanese descent and she is an astronomer, so it is Japanesse for “star”). This island will be astronomy themed.

I also started Hoshi in the southern hemisphere, for a different experience from what I am used to. It’s definitely… Something. Since winter gets the short end of the stick when it comes to catching critters, the southern hemisphere makes up for that when the northern hemisphere is in winter (since southern is in summer). The July stuff is out during January and so on. July and August is where it’s at in animal crossing. The grass is green when it’s supposed to be snowy in January, even the moon is backwards (as it is in real life in the southern hemisphere) it’s definitely interesting. ^^

I’ll be playing on my main island a lot more.

I just reset today! I got the perfect island. Resident services is basically in the middle of the map. Dummy thicc peninsula I love to put my house on for a while. My fruit is oranges and my flowers are lilies. Thank god anything but roses lol. My starters are Quinn and Bam which are amazingly good starters for me! I named my island Marimo. A marimo is a type of moss ball.

This time, I'm truly not time traveling (unless maybe if it's just in the same day). I want to play day by day again like when I was a kid. I'm excited ^^

I decided to reset today. As I was terraforming, I saw that I wasn't a fan of the location of my RS. I tried making it work and I was just not happy. Also once again, I was kind of neglecting the island.

Funny I see this after resetting yesterday! My old island was, like, REALLY ugly (I guess that's just what happens when you start an island when you're 12, lol) and I particularly didn't like my character name (Alice, wasn't even my real name or anything I just don't use it as my player character name anymore) or what I'd gotten my villagers to say.
I named my new island Cinnabar (after Cinnabar Island from the Kanto-based Pokemon games, obviously) and I think my starting villagers (Fuchsia and Kid Cat) are pretty good! I might actually like having them as starters more than I would if I had gotten Flip or Katt (my villagers with the starter personalities from my old island) lol. (They're probably a lot more well-liked in the community than those two, as well...)

Restarted two days ago. My first villagers are Quinn and Billy, I reset till I get him, or Deirdre, or Rudy. He's quite cute and fits my theme! I want a fairycore island with mythological/antique parts but only with cottagecore villagers (except Tangy, she's not considered as cottagecore but I find her cute and nice). I have a big nice peninsula on the left, peaches as first fruit (I love this fruit) and roses as starting flower. The airport is orange which is nice, the plaza is not centered but she is behind on the right of the airport so the location is nice for me. To be honest, when I saw the map, when I saw the fruit, I was expecting one of my dreamies and this little Billy was just there! So happy.

I'm on the third day. I found nice villagers yesterday and I'm very excited to continue my adventure!

Good luck if you're planning to restart as well!

Thinking of perhaps starting up a new NH island after the 3DS wi-fi shutdown so I can continue having fun interacting with the online community here. I haven't played NH in probably over a year and think it would be fun to come back to as well.

I decided to start my island again for the 150 time a few days ago. This time, and for the first time, I took the southern hemisphere. Arriving in March in the southern hemisphere is not easy: there are dozens of fish and bugs. To start an island, especially at the end of the month, it's not fun. However, I wanted a bit of a change: I had a lot of fun for a week in the northern hemisphere, I caught almost all the fish and bugs, I was tired... first time taking the southern hemisphere!

Let's talk about the map: The resident service is right in the middle, aligned with the airport. First time I have this map! Two more rivers south, unfortunately. No big peninsula, but big rocks. The airport is orange, I have cherries as a starting fruit (second favorite fruit after peaches) and unfortunately roses as flowers. Lilydew is the name of my island.

My only requirement was to find Sterling as the first villager. It took me 31 restarts to get him and the map is almost perfect!

Another day another reset. I decided to reset and name my island Playground again. I liked the concept I had going with that island: colorful sorta kidcore. So reset I did.

For my new island I want a centered airport and CS, no narrow beach areas (where the water is almost touching the land. That bothers me for some reason) no small beach rocks, with apples and orange airport and a long dock. Those are things I am not willing to budge on. I would prefer an island with larger peninsula as well but I am willing to give this up if I find an island with the above criteria. I am willing to spend as long as it takes to find this island even if it takes multiple days.

I don't care about villagers, flowers or what the rivers look like.

I also am going to be using an app to track my progress in the game like daily tasks, who I talked too, etc. I tend to abandon and neglect my islands so I decided an app of my progress should keep me motivated to play.

Okay I realized that I am not going 4o find a map that fits all my criteria so I will have to budge on a few things.

So before I wanted

Orange Airport
Apples
No narrow beaches
Center RS and airport
Long dock

I realized I would not be able to have all of rhe above so I had to give up some of the things.

I found an island. It has apples and an orange airport. Two things I was not willing to budge on. It also has no narrow beach areas so it works. It has a short dock but it doesn't bother me since I don't decorate my dock anyways so no issues there. My RS and airport are not centered but that is also okay since RS is very far from the airport. I will make it work. I got the things I wanted the most: the apples, the orange airport and no narrow beach areas and no small beach rocks.

This is the last time I am hoping to be on this reset thread. I do feel 1000% this is my forever island. I really hope so because I've had enough of resetting.

Last edited:
i've been resetting since yesterday and i think i'm happy with the map i ended up choosing :) my requirements were:

- peaches
- resident services not in the center of the map because i dont like that for some reason
- peninsula and dock on opposite sides of each other
- hidden beach on the side instead of in the center
- bigger beach space
- NO double south river mouths

i don't really care that much for airport color, flowers, etc. but i got a green airport which im fine with bc i feel like it blends in since there's already so much green

hey guys! i prob haven’t been on this website in years 🫨🫨 i miss playing new horizons every day but every time i log in i get bored and leave bc there’s nothing to do bc my island is finished.. should i reset?? do you guys miss your old island?? i’m scared bc i feel like i will just try to recreate my current island again i don’t really want to let go of it 😅 i wish we could just make a second island

hey guys! i prob haven’t been on this website in years 🫨🫨 i miss playing new horizons every day but every time i log in i get bored and leave bc there’s nothing to do bc my island is finished.. should i reset?? do you guys miss your old island?? i’m scared bc i feel like i will just try to recreate my current island again i don’t really want to let go of it 😅 i wish we could just make a second island
I have this problem with my main island but I could never restart it. It’s why I ended up getting a second switch lite so whenever I get bored I can always restart my second island. There are things I miss about the islands I have restarted but I don’t regret it since it got me back into playing.

Back