• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Pokémon The Pokémon Challenge Thread

Probably taking a hiatus from Pokemon Ultra Sun for now. I tried playing last night, half of my party died, and I just wasn't feeling it. In the meantime, I'm doing a Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke. Update on that coming soon.

Ah, alright. Sorry to hear that. Looking forward to the Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke update. :)

Badges: 2

Pokemon
Starter - Manhattan (Torchic)
Route 101 - Pink Squirrel (Zigzagoon, now Linoone)
Route 102 - Mint Julep (Seedot, now Nuzleaf)
Route 104 - Aviation (Wingull)
Petalburg Woods - Some Moth (Cascoon, now Dustox)
Rusturf Tunnel - Foghorn (Whismur) -- BENCHED
Route 116 - MEOWjito (Skitty)
Route 110 - French 75 (Electrike)
Slateport City - Gin Rickey (Magikarp)

Update:
Added a Magikarp, though I really didn't intend to use it. That said, Elecktrike died pretty quickly in training, so maybe I'm going to use Magikarp for a bit. We'll see. Otherwise training...still at two badges.

Badges: 2

Pokemon

Update:
Added a Magikarp, though I really didn't intend to use it. That said, Elecktrike died pretty quickly in training, so maybe I'm going to use Magikarp for a bit. We'll see. Otherwise training...still at two badges.

Alright, sounds good. Looking forward to the next update after you get your third gym badge. :)

Update on my Theta Emerald EX Nuzlocke

I haven't progressed that much since the last update, as I'm now at the next town (Fallarbor) but have caught a lot of new Pokemon as I have gone back and fished in cities and routes I haven't yet. I lost Trevor the Phantump in a trainer battle from a pursuit I didn't see coming :( but luckily I have good enough replacements now but I'll miss him. I have also benched a couple of Pokemon to get a more balanced team. I'm just gonna go through where everyone is since I have a heap of new catches

CURRENT TEAM (3 Gym Badges, 4 Deaths)
Kippy the Marshtomp, Level 35
Natalie the Xatu, Level 30
Hands the Hariyama, Level 30
Blade the Honedge (Level 30) (NEW) (I'm super excited I have this)
Blowtorch the Magmar (Level 30) )NEW)
Oh Deer the Deerling (Level 19) (NEW) (Needs levelling Up)

DEAD (RIP)
Pew the Vivillon, Level 18
Mack the Machop, Level 20
Clemont the Diggersby, Level 24
Trevor the Phantump, Level 30

IN BOXES
Ziggy the Linoone, Level 30
Sacrifice the Wachog, Level 28
Widow the Gothita, Level 27
Van Gogh the Smeargle, Level 18
Vesuvius the Numel, Level 21 (NEW)
Goldy the Goldeen, Level 28 (NEW)
Pearl the Clamperl, Level 25 (NEW)
Nori the Skrelp, Level 27 (NEW)
Mrs Krabbs the Krabby, Level 33 (NEW)
Tornado the Magikarp, Level 29 (NEW)
Tongue the Lickitung, Level 26 (NEW)

PS, the reason some of the new Pokemon that are in the boxes are so high levelled is because when fishing the Pokemon levels are that high which is why I waited this long for them

Update on my Theta Emerald EX Nuzlocke

I haven't progressed that much since the last update, as I'm now at the next town (Fallarbor) but have caught a lot of new Pokemon as I have gone back and fished in cities and routes I haven't yet. I lost Trevor the Phantump in a trainer battle from a pursuit I didn't see coming :( but luckily I have good enough replacements now but I'll miss him. I have also benched a couple of Pokemon to get a more balanced team. I'm just gonna go through where everyone is since I have a heap of new catches

CURRENT TEAM (3 Gym Badges, 4 Deaths)
Kippy the Marshtomp, Level 35
Natalie the Xatu, Level 30
Hands the Hariyama, Level 30
Blade the Honedge (Level 30) (NEW) (I'm super excited I have this)
Blowtorch the Magmar (Level 30) )NEW)
Oh Deer the Deerling (Level 19) (NEW) (Needs levelling Up)

DEAD (RIP)
Pew the Vivillon, Level 18
Mack the Machop, Level 20
Clemont the Diggersby, Level 24
Trevor the Phantump, Level 30

IN BOXES
Ziggy the Linoone, Level 30
Sacrifice the Wachog, Level 28
Widow the Gothita, Level 27
Van Gogh the Smeargle, Level 18
Vesuvius the Numel, Level 21 (NEW)
Goldy the Goldeen, Level 28 (NEW)
Pearl the Clamperl, Level 25 (NEW)
Nori the Skrelp, Level 27 (NEW)
Mrs Krabbs the Krabby, Level 33 (NEW)
Tornado the Magikarp, Level 29 (NEW)
Tongue the Lickitung, Level 26 (NEW)

PS, the reason some of the new Pokemon that are in the boxes are so high levelled is because when fishing the Pokemon levels are that high which is why I waited this long for them

Awesome, sounds like a great team. Your Marshtomp is about to evolve too. Looking forward to the next update on this. :)

Update on my Pokemon Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke. I started the game a few days ago, picked my starter, fought my rival, all that junk. And then today, I made it to Route 203 past Jubilife City. And I must say, I've got a pretty good party going.

Team (0/8 Badges) :
Big Smoke the Male Venusaur, Lv. 10
Drax the Male Drapion, Lv. 10
Kamui the Female Masquerain, Lv. 9

Deaths:
Trash the Male Goldeen, Lv. 3 (died due to poison)

Update on my Pokemon Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke. I started the game a few days ago, picked my starter, fought my rival, all that junk. And then today, I made it to Route 203 past Jubilife City. And I must say, I've got a pretty good party going.

Team (0/8 Badges) :
Big Smoke the Male Venusaur, Lv. 10
Drax the Male Drapion, Lv. 10
Kamui the Female Masquerain, Lv. 9

Deaths:
Trash the Male Goldeen, Lv. 3 (died due to poison)

Wow, nice. Those are some good Pokemon for a starting Nuzlocke Challenge team. :)

Wow, nice. Those are some good Pokemon for a starting Nuzlocke Challenge team. :)

Definitely. I got so lucky with the Venusaur, I'm especially happy I got that. I picked Drapion as my starter, although I could've also gotten a Manaphy as my starter, although I didn't wanna go with that if only because Manaphy doesn't get a whole lot of good Level Up moves starting out.

Definitely. I got so lucky with the Venusaur, I'm especially happy I got that. I picked Drapion as my starter, although I could've also gotten a Manaphy as my starter, although I didn't wanna go with that if only because Manaphy doesn't get a whole lot of good Level Up moves starting out.

Yeah, that makes sense. Moves that you can use on each mon’ in these challenges is definitely something to keep track of.

Badges: 3

Pokemon
Route 117 - Grasshopper (Illumise)
Route 111 - ScotchNRocks (Geodude)

Update:
Defeated Wattson without an issue. Bad news for the team though. Once I accessed Route 111, I used rock smash and was confronted with a Geodude. I didn't want to kill it as my one Pokemon for that location so I tried to carefully whittle it down. Unfortunately, I made a miscalculation when switching in Mint Julep, my full-health, level 28 Nuzleaf, and he fell to the Geodude's Rollout (it was the fourth attack so it had gained some juice). I did capture the Geodude, so now I have replaced Nuzleaf and his comically small nipples with the rock creature for the time being.

Badges: 3

Pokemon
Route 117 - Grasshopper (Illumise)
Route 111 - ScotchNRocks (Geodude)

Update:
Defeated Wattson without an issue. Bad news for the team though. Once I accessed Route 111, I used rock smash and was confronted with a Geodude. I didn't want to kill it as my one Pokemon for that location so I tried to carefully whittle it down. Unfortunately, I made a miscalculation when switching in Mint Julep, my full-health, level 28 Nuzleaf, and he fell to the Geodude's Rollout (it was the fourth attack so it had gained some juice). I did capture the Geodude, so now I have replaced Nuzleaf and his comically small nipples with the rock creature for the time being.

Ah, that’s unfortunate. It has happened to me before once or twice where I lost a Pokemon while trying to obtain one, xD. Looking forward to the next update. :)

BUMP.

I’m thinking about starting a new challenge soon. Granted, I don’t have much time to play it because I’m really busy with university work these days, but I have some time today where I could at least get one going.

Does anyone want to choose the next game I’ll try a Nuzlocke Challenge at again? Either Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire. I’m not sure which to pick, so someone decide for me. :)

I'm voting SoulSilver for nostalgia's sake! Silver was my first game, so gen 2 and the remakes are really special to me.

I'm voting SoulSilver for nostalgia's sake! Silver was my first game, so gen 2 and the remakes are really special to me.

Alright, I’ll start a SoulSilver Nuzlocke Challenge then. I’ll post here again when I have an important update on it. :)

Ima start a Sun wonderlocke because why tf not

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can you tell me were you got these randomizer files and such from? ALSO, are you on DS or 3DS?

Popplio (WT 3 TIMES):
-Gastly
-Luvsdisk
-Lilipup

Pikipek (WT 5 TIMES)
-Wingull
-Feebas
-Drowzee
-Floette
-Turtwig

Wingull (WT 4 TIMES)
-Hawlucha
-Cutiefly
-Snowrunt
-Abra

CURRENT TEAM:

Lilipup, Level 14
Turtwig, Level 1
Abra, Level 1

Last edited:
SoulSilver Nuzlocke Challenge update:

Needle the female Beedrill, level 16
Static the male Flaaffy, level 17
Jaws the male Croconaw, level 18

Gym badges: 2

I’ve done surprisingly well so far in this run. I’ve been in a couple situations where any one of my mons’ could have fainted, but I made it through each time with everyone surviving. Again, I’m not using Togepi in my run because it just doesn’t feel right. I did happen to switch into Togepi against Bugsy though to weather a hit and faint so I could get a clean switch in. I then boxed the Togepi. I’m planning on catching even more mons’ as I move forward. I hope I can get to six soon so I can start catching replacements in case someone on my team dies. For some reason I always have trouble catching a ton of Pokemon in my challenges. The good thing is that my current team doesn’t share any weaknesses as of now, though I’m sure that’ll change later down the line. :)

EDIT: BLACKOUT. Well, Whitney ended up destroying my Drowzee I caught after this, my Flaaffy, AND my Croconaw, leaving me with just Beedrill. I deleted the file and am burnt out for now. Guess it’s back to anime watching for me.

Last edited:
I caught Meowth (WT 1 TIME)
-Feebas ��

CURRENT TEAM:

- Turtwig, level 12
- Feebas, level 7
- Lilipup, level 15
- Abra, level 10 (Pokerus!)

I caught Wingull (WT 3 TIMES)
-Magikarp
-Grubbin
-Magnemite

CURRENT TEAM:

- Turtwig, level 13
- Feebas, level 8
- Lilipup, level 15
- Abra, level 11
- Magnemite, level 1

BUMP.

I may start another ORAS Nuzlocke Challenge this weekend if I can get the work I want to get done finished in time. That will definitely be the game I try my next challenge at though. :)

Back